General Democratic 2020 Election Watch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
they need to meld the millenial comrades with the Political Machine.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Looks like Spartacus and Tulsi are the forum favorites to date.
I still want to see Julian get the VP nod for Texas, but I get his lack of national visibility to date.

I need kneeblock @Kneeblock to sell me on his perfect pair. He gave a tacit approval to Tulsi earlier.
@conor mcgregor nut hugger Where are we going with the Dem ticket?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Looks like Spartacus and Tulsi are the forum favorites to date.
I still want to see Julian get the VP nod for Texas, but I get his lack of national visibility to date.

I need kneeblock @Kneeblock to sell me on his perfect pair. He gave a tacit approval to Tulsi earlier.
@conor mcgregor nut hugger Where are we going with the Dem ticket?
Tulsi has got the resume but the homophobic past and weird moonie cult may sink her. I listened to an open q&a town hall she did yesterday and her answers were good platitudes, but short on substance. She can polish that up by the debates though.

Booker is kind of a cornball and doesn't even have a terribly solid rep in Newark outside of Twitter. If the rumors of him banging Rosario Dawson are true, it may be enough to pull the hard left and the centrists together for jack off fantasies.

Kamala is a cop. F her.

Klobuchar already has the horrible human tag being hung on her, which may make her a good foil for Trumpito if she leans into it, but she won't. Also, as a Dem, if your own staff hates you, your campaign is gonna sink.

Julian has always had star power and has a machine down in Texas that's used to interacting with the national machine. He's got the ability to get people out, but won't even win his home state and also will have to contend with the immigration question in ways other candidates will get a pass on.

Warren is pretty solid as a Veep pick, but it'll be a hard sell to get white guys to see past the "Pocahontas" dismissal. Mostly because it's hilarious.

No one is going to elect a guy named Buttigieg.

Delaney is a bit too corporate for the modern incarnation of the Democratic party.

My hope is that some other people enter the fray. Biden has enough star power to get the nomination, but won't beat Trump imo. Beto has the cool factor, but might be an empty shirt. Bernie has a lot of enemies right now in the center more than the left or right realistically.

Right now we have a good slate of vice presidential candidates running, but I'm not sure any is a solid President. Then again, neither is Trump so realistically it's just going to come down to who Dems feel adequately embodies their revulsion with him more than who represents a vision for a different type of future. I like Jeff Merkley if he decides to run, but I have a feeling the right will treat him as Bernie lite. Also risking a senate seat on what may be a McGovern oddyssey seems unwise.

At present, I'm not convinced by anyone. There's a feeling of opportunism in the air, just like the 2016 GOP field. I expect a breakthrough candidate to do the unexpected, but it's not clear that they've yet entered the race. Who knows, could be Yang.

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Tulsi has got the resume but the homophobic past and weird moonie cult may sink her. I listened to an open q&a town hall she did yesterday and her answers were good platitudes, but short on substance. She can polish that up by the debates though.

Booker is kind of a cornball and doesn't even have a terribly solid rep in Newark outside of Twitter. If the rumors of him banging Rosario Dawson are true, it may be enough to pull the hard left and the centrists together for jack off fantasies.

Kamala is a cop. F her.

Klobuchar already has the horrible human tag being hung on her, which may make her a good foil for Trumpito if she leans into it, but she won't. Also, as a Dem, if your own staff hates you, your campaign is gonna sink.

Julian has always had star power and has a machine down in Texas that's used to interacting with the national machine. He's got the ability to get people out, but won't even win his home state and also will have to contend with the immigration question in ways other candidates will get a pass on.

Warren is pretty solid as a Veep pick, but it'll be a hard sell to get white guys to see past the "Pocahontas" dismissal. Mostly because it's hilarious.

No one is going to elect a guy named Buttigieg.

Delaney is a bit too corporate for the modern incarnation of the Democratic party.

My hope is that some other people enter the fray. Biden has enough star power to get the nomination, but won't beat Trump imo. Beto has the cool factor, but might be an empty shirt. Bernie has a lot of enemies right now in the center more than the left or right realistically.

Right now we have a good slate of vice presidential candidates running, but I'm not sure any is a solid President. Then again, neither is Trump so realistically it's just going to come down to who Dems feel adequately embodies their revulsion with him more than who represents a vision for a different type of future. I like Jeff Merkley if he decides to run, but I have a feeling the right will treat him as Bernie lite. Also risking a senate seat on what may be a McGovern oddyssey seems unwise.

At present, I'm not convinced by anyone. There's a feeling of opportunism in the air, just like the 2016 GOP field. I expect a breakthrough candidate to do the unexpected, but it's not clear that they've yet entered the race. Who knows, could be Yang.

This is the most accurate and enjoyable politics post I've read on this forum since IschKabibble @IschKabibble correctly chose the election a year ahead of time.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
What resume? She's a fuckin congresswoman. You have to go back to John W. Davis in 1924 to find a Democratic Party nominee who wasn't a senator or governor.
She's had legislative experience, is a vet, and bucked the DNC last election. We've never had a private sector only POTUS either. Game's wide open.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I finished the Rogan podcast with Yang yesterday. I was actually going to suggest you check it out if you haven't already.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
She's had legislative experience, is a vet, and bucked the DNC last election. We've never had a private sector only POTUS either. Game's wide open.
I liked Gabbard when I listened to her, but it sounds like she's got a variety of skeletons in the closet.