Fallout 4

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
I play on a PC, so modding is super easy; just get nexus mod manager and you're good to go.

I've got some nice mods for real world weapons (with appropriate damage and physics) and other ones just for titties. Lol!

Can you use mods on the xbox one / ps4?

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
Oh, and I'm about to start a new campaign with a mod inspired by the Hellsing anime.

P

Punch

I play on a PC, so modding is super easy; just get nexus mod manager and you're good to go.

I've got some nice mods for real world weapons (with appropriate damage and physics) and other ones just for titties. Lol!

Can you use mods on the xbox one / ps4?
I have no idea if i can mod on the xbox or not. I'm not the most tech savvy. i had wild and jehennum teach me how to timestamp a youtube video yesterday if that tells you anything.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
Bethesda.net

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

And more important, that this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost— the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.

Fallout 4: five things you need to know about the DLC

P

Punch

Fallout 4: five things you need to know about the DLC

And more important, that this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost— the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.

SIIICK! Glad i bought the season pass on the first day i got the game. :D

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Season passes, pre-ordering, and early access. I hate these things. Gaming industry gone crazy.

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
I like the DLC because it's more likely that either:
A) the GECK will be released
or
B) the content of the DLC will be reversed engineered by the modders thereby providing even cooler mods!

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
Fallout 4 isn't real.

The internet is filled with fan theories about games. And there’s just as many about Bethesda’s Fallout 4. But there’s one that people haven’t even touched on. Probably because no one wants to discuss the awful truth. Except me.

Fallout 4 isn’t real. It’s an illusion. A delusion dreamed up by a grieving spouse and parent.

But even that could be suspect. We have no way of knowing what is real and what isn’t after the first time we’re put in cryo-stasis. Everything after that is unreliable. Yes, Shaun’s kidnapping and your spouse’s murder could be a figment of your imagination. Isn’t that the absolute worst fear of any parent/spouse? That you’re helpless to do anything while your child is kidnapped and your significant other is murdered for trying to be a good parent? What if that is the the first indication of delusion? It’s a figment, manifested by the soul survivor’s fears.

Ask yourself this: why unfreeze both pods, and not just the pod containing Shaun? They’re on opposite sides of the room. They’re not on the same circuit. Each pod can be individually controlled and monitored, which you find out once you’ve been released. Which means they didn’t have to unfreeze both. So why would the Institute unfreeze you, just so you could watch your child get stolen, and the unfortunate incident of your spouse getting killed? They wouldn’t. So, already the game is suspect.
Where else in pop culture have we seen fades to white? Fight Club. And while the book and the movie differ slightly on points, they both have the same common thread. Delusion dreamed up by the main character. ***Spoiler Alert*** In both, Tyler shoots himself in the mouth. But, in the book, Tyler wakes up in a white room. He thinks it’s heaven, but in fact it’s a mental institution. He’s been having a psychotic episode, or something similar. Typically, when we see a fade to white, it’s either an indication of death or hallucination.

People have questioned why the Brotherhood of Steel travels to New England. A decent point. In this game, the BoS is the closest thing to a working military. And we know that the husband was in the military, as was a good portion of his family. So it makes sense that a militaristic presence would make itself known in the delusion. For both husband and wife. It also makes sense that the military delusion would have the strongest affinity for destroying technology. Technology is the very reason there was a war. The very reason he served his country. If technology hadn’t grown to such proportions as it did to warrant a nuclear war, the family would still be together. The military is a representation of the sole survivor’s aggression.
Now, at the time the family goes into stasis, the only robots in existence are helpers like Codsworth. So the synths are a pure fabrication. But we’ll get to them in a second. Right now, what they represent, at least on some level, is hope. Why else would the Railroad be saving them? The Railroad itself is that sense of hope. Because if you can protect helpless beings in the escaped Synths, you can protect others. There’s a chance of survival if you can help them.

And Nick Valentine. A detective, who looks for lost people. Who just happens to be synthetic. A product of the Institute (We’ll get to that in a second). Is he not an even better representation of hope? Of a time long past? His side mission is all about the past. A gangster from before the bombs dropped. A cop from back in the day. He tells a story of people accepting him. But it starts with children. Children. Like Shaun. He’s hope and acceptance all rolled into one. He’s a bridge between two sides. Says it himself. A prototype. A bridge, between emotion and logic.

The Minutemen represent a sense of honor and duty. You have to put them back together again. Because, if you failed to protect your family, you need to get that sense back. You need to be able to protect people, always. Without fail. And you’ve already failed once. So, never again with the Minutemen.

I understand that’s all fairly circumstantial when it comes to evidence. It could be. But it also makes sense. Each character, each companion represents a different aspect of the psyche. Many of them coincide with the organizations they represent. Each one has a lesson and each one has the possibility of changing and shaping the sole survivor. Making them a better person. Struggling with aspects of their sub-conscious. It all fits in perfectly.

And ask yourself this: ***Spoiler Alert**** Why are the most precious relics, those deemed a treasure, why is the Treasure of Jamaica Plain a room full of relics from right before the bombs dropped? Because that was the last time you remember being happy. It was also just before Shaun was born, which means no mental anguish tied to any of them. Seriously. And think about this. In the 1950s, the World Series took place in late September/early October. Even though the game starts in 2077, it’s patterned after the 50s. Isn’t it then possible that the 2077 World Series bat would be in the Treasure, not the 2076? Why specifically the 2076? Exactly one year before the bombs and before Shaun’s birth?

But, the evidence that most tells me that the game is a delusion is the junk that you find. Wooden blocks, teddy bears, bottles, rattles. Cribs in random locations, where cribs shouldn’t be. Everything tied to a baby. You see little reminders everywhere. Places where those things shouldn’t be. In the scattered ruins that make up the mind of the sole survivor, tiny reminders of your previous life have been scattered, like grains of sand on the wind. There’s no rhyme or reason why any of those items should be where they are. Why does a Super-Mutant have a wooden block? Or a Mirelurk have a baby rattle? Because everywhere you look, your mind is telling you not to forget about your son.

It’s like a bad Matrix sequel, except this time it actually makes sense.

We only know two things for sure: nuclear war occurred, and you went into cryo-stasis separated from your family.

And speaking of family. The Institute. Father. ***Spoiler alert*** Your son. Who wants you to take over and be the leader of the Institute. And what has Shaun become in your little fantasy? A father figure to hundreds, a savior to the people, someone looking out for the betterment of society. And isn’t that what all parents want for their children? To make an impact on the world? Well, Father is making a world that is safe, where no one has to worry, no one gets sick, no one has to be afraid. He’s creating a utopia with synths. That seems to be the dream to me. He’s making it so no one dies. No one get sick. The synths aren’t affected by radiation. So nuclear war doesn’t matter. Sounds like every parents’ dream. A natural progression of what we want for children. To make the world better.

Look at the game again. Pay attention to the details. Does it seem real? Or do things seem too good to be true? Or does everything work out just a bit too well? You be the judge. Are we really seeing what society would look like after a nuclear holocaust, or are we seeing a fiction, a fantasy played out in one person’s mind? It wouldn’t be the first time an amazing game was just a delusion created by a character.

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
I thought the theory was all pretty meh until the "why do you find wooden blocks everywhere" thing. Then I was like...maybe there is something to this theory after all. Because, yeah, there's wooden blocks everywhere.

P

Punch

I thought the theory was all pretty meh until the "why do you find wooden blocks everywhere" thing. Then I was like...maybe there is something to this theory after all. Because, yeah, there's wooden blocks everywhere.
To build walls of course! That's pretty trippy though. Thanks for sharing homie.