Fallout 4

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
wasn't showing up under 'add-ons' in the game store like all the others did before. selected 'season pass', then found nuka world there for install.

thought this might help if anyone else is having a problem.

P

Punch

wasn't showing up under 'add-ons' in the game store like all the others did before. selected 'season pass', then found nuka world there for install.

thought this might help if anyone else is having a problem.
That's fucked. I just searched for "nuka" and it popped up.

Wimpiam

Pineapple Ombudsman
Mar 25, 2016
Didn't realize it was released today. Maybe if I get a single fucking day off this month I'll check it out.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
Woot all done!:D
did you get to play? what did you think?

I fired it up after the game, took me 2-3 hours to get to Nuka World (playing on survival) & was killed by an Assaultron before I could even enter.

I was stoned, tired & ready to shut off. giving it another go tonight.

P

Punch

did you get to play? what did you think?

I fired it up after the game, took me 2-3 hours to get to Nuka World (playing on survival) & was killed by an Assaultron before I could even enter.

I was stoned, tired & ready to shut off. giving it another go tonight.
I got sidetracked and have only listened to the broadcast so far. What level are you and what's your playstyle?

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
I got sidetracked and have only listened to the broadcast so far. What level are you and what's your playstyle?
sidetracked? lol. sounds familiar.

level 114, playing survival. woke up on the other side of the map, had to eat/sleep a few times @ settlements along the way. drop off loot because everything weighs something & grab Cait because I heard it's best to take the shadier characters to Nuka World. then I was on my way...

made it to the entrance (so I did get to see that). there were a group of people loitering around the front & one was barking instructions to the others. being a new DLC, figured I'd creep up & hear what they were saying. I got too close. Assaultron shredded me pretty quick.

P

Punch

sidetracked? lol. sounds familiar.

level 114, playing survival. woke up on the other side of the map, had to eat/sleep a few times @ settlements along the way. drop off loot because everything weighs something & grab Cait because I heard it's best to take the shadier characters to Nuka World. then I was on my way...

made it to the entrance (so I did get to see that). there were a group of people loitering around the front & one was barking instructions to the others. being a new DLC, figured I'd creep up & hear what they were saying. I got too close. Assaultron shredded me pretty quick.
Gotcha. Do you use power armor? I'm almost always in mine.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
Gotcha. Do you use power armor? I'm almost always in mine.
no. I did a couple times early in the game. have 4-5 suits @ sanctuary & others scattered around @ various settlements in case I need them. don't think I've put one for some time though. when survival came out, & weight was added to everything, each fusion core weighs 7 pounds I think. that was the end of that.

giving it another go tonight. I WILL make it in the park this time.

P

Punch

no. I did a couple times early in the game. have 4-5 suits @ sanctuary & others scattered around @ various settlements in case I need them. don't think I've put one for some time though. when survival came out, & weight was added to everything, each fusion core weighs 7 pounds I think. that was the end of that.

giving it another go tonight. I WILL make it in the park this time.

I hear yah.

Btw, i'd recommend at least rank 3 in sneak.

DoTheKick

Dec 31, 2015
I just started playing again last week, had the season pass and hadn't even played one of the dlc's. Just about started far harbor there but wanna try to get through it fast to start nuka world.

P

Punch

I just started playing again last week, had the season pass and hadn't even played one of the dlc's. Just about started far harbor there but wanna try to get through it fast to start nuka world.
Nuka world's pretty big.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
figured out what you might have meant by "play style".

small guns, not really sneak but I have some good long range pistols & a lot of drugs/alcohol. rarely, if ever, use power armor. minuteman ballistic weave. mostly travel with Cait or Piper.

I usually end up taking the high moral ground most of the time regardless if I want to, it's a character defect IRL.

P

Punch

figured out what you might have meant by "play style".

small guns, not really sneak but I have some good long range pistols & a lot of drugs/alcohol. rarely, if ever, use power armor. minuteman ballistic weave. mostly travel with Cait or Piper.

I usually end up taking the high moral ground most of the time regardless if I want to, it's a character defect IRL.
That sounds like fun. I have 2 characters. One if i feel like being good, the other if i feel like being a dick.

I prefer a sneaky long range sniper/grenadier. :D

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
That sounds like fun. I have 2 characters. One if i feel like being good, the other if i feel like being a dick.

& I would like to try that, especially the grenadier part :cool:

playing on survival makes it tough though. rifles & their ammo are easily the heaviest. grenades aren't light either if you need a good supply.

I try not to carry any one item over 7 pounds.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
FWIW, Nuka World is the last of the DLC & Far Harbor was one of the better ones. if not in a time crunch, it has some good moments. the rest have a pretty shallow/short story, if they have one at all.

DoTheKick

Dec 31, 2015

Haha great my 2nd char is basically an alcoholic, chem addict smart ass.

P

Punch

Upon further research it seems this is a revisiting of fallout 2's idea. I started playing the series with 3, so i had no idea before now.

P

Punch

What if there was a place with all the zip of Nuka-Cola?

Wouldn’t that be the cheer-cheer-cheeriest place in all the world?

P

Punch

Daglord @Daglord if you have 5 ranks in Strong Back, 3 ranks in action boy, and the Nuka Quantum power armor, you can walk around overburdened very, very easily. It gets a little trickier if you have an active stealth field on while sneaking, but i rarely even notice an issue.