General Getting over COVID 19 AMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Most of the day yes but we had been around each other for several days before I showed symptoms so all of us are in the same boat. If we don’t all have it it’s not that damn contagious imo.
No medical expert but chances are the damage has been done already contagious wise. And gosh damn the best comfort at the moment considering how ill you've been is contact with your loved ones.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
No medical expert but chances are the damage has been done already contagious wise. And gosh damn the best comfort at the moment considering how ill you've been is contact with your loved ones.
Yeah this was kinda our take as well. Make the best of it together. Like I said my wife is the one I’m slightly worried about still. She’s tough and in good shape so I definitely want her to stay asymptomatic. She’ll call me all kinds of names if she gets it and doesn’t flinch lmao.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
Thanks. The reason I ask is I just saw the article linked below and my wife and I had those symptoms. Her Dr said it was a sinus infection, mine said it was a stomach virus. Now we aren't so sure.

Signs you might have the coronavirus if you have few symptoms
Yeah I’ve seen that. I’d just say that one of the most common symptoms is a dry cough and I don’t have that and I’ve only had one fever that I’ve seen show up on a thermometer. Stuff affects everyone differently for sure.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Yeah this was kinda our take as well. Make the best of it together. Like I said my wife is the one I’m slightly worried about still. She’s tough and in good shape so I definitely want her to stay asymptomatic. She’ll call me all kinds of names if she gets it and doesn’t flinch lmao.
Opposite here. Husband will get a cold for a day and shake it off like no big deal. After he passes it onto me I'm still coughing and spluttering a week later. He's said if he has any symptoms, he'll stay in the spare room and out of my way.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
Opposite here. Husband will get a cold for a day and shake it off like no big deal. After he passes it onto me I'm still coughing and spluttering a week later. He's said if he has any symptoms, he'll stay in the spare room and out of my way.
Yeah she had our daughter all natural and took a few MOTRIN!! Like seriously WTF?! They were trying to give her the good stuff and she’s like, “I got this!”

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Yeah she had our daughter all natural and took a few MOTRIN!! Like seriously WTF?! They were trying to give her the good stuff and she’s like, “I got this!”
She's exactly what you need if you're out of action for a while. Good sign for you from what I'm reading. The people who have been perfectly healthy, young etc and have died have dropped down dead really quickly. You've had this going on for a while now so it seems like an ongoing battle rather than proper drastic. Obviously far from ideal, but not deathbed worrisome.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Think everything’s good for me folks. False alarm. Probably allergy related I guess. Temp is normal and throat itch is gone.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Think everything’s good for me folks. False alarm. Probably allergy related I guess. Temp is normal and throat itch is gone.
Yeah, I'm happy in the knowledge that I have nose issues which have nothing to do with Corona, just hay fever.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Damn, that doesn’t sound good. You should get tested. How many people did you shake hands with at that trade show?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That's me sold then. I tried getting my coconut water on for a while for its health benefits but I just don't really like the taste too much. I find it sort of savoury. I'll stick with Gateorade Zero, green tea and water.

Hope you're doing okay, Matrix @Matrix Wild @Wild
some brands taste great
others taste funky

coconut water is a single source drink...gatorade is full of nasty shit, google gatorade slime...I found that in a gatorade and will not have another(maybe from powder I would)

green tea and water are legit tho

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I've actually started using real sugar in tea recently rather than Splenda. I spent ages not really eating much and needed the energy, stocked up on Muscle Milk as a meal replacement to at least get some nutrients.

I like the taste of sports drinks and considering how many hangovers I used to have, the electrolytes were good to replenish.
muscle milk farts are room clearing
so intense

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I find the blue one tasty but I really just drink water at the moment. Gateorade is heavy to carry. Plenty of water in the tap.
was just letting you know that happens to some batches

I found that in one, some form of mold going on...kinda sketchy...maybe the sterilization isn't up to par at times in the gatorade factories

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Damn, that doesn’t sound good. You should get tested. How many people did you shake hands with at that trade show?
Just a few but I used hand sanitizer that I had in my pocket immediately after.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
What’s the plan for this next week.. Apparently week two is where people are hit the hardest.
Damn I didn’t see this post. Starting to think there’s something to this although today has been alright. I mean I just slept for 4 hours so how bad could it be?!