General Insane Woke Twitter Bullshit.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Hm.

Brief etymology sez

Attested 1788, a loan from Hindustani लूट (lūṭ)/لوٹ‎ (lūṭ, “spoil, booty”), from Sanskrit लुण्ट् (luṇṭ, “to rob, plunder”). The verb is from 1842. Fallows (1885) records both the noun and the verb as "Recent. Anglo-Indian".

In origin only applicable to plundering in warfare.

A figurative meaning developed in American English in the 1920s, resulting in a generalized meaning by the 1950s.

I'll keep looking to try to figure out how it's racist.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
I like the yt channels where they showcase dessert recipes with chocolate.

They always use white chocolate because it mixes in with all colours. Try it out. Any colour - black, brown, yellow, you'll find that white mixes in perfectly with those to make great desserts every time.

The dark chocolate on the other hand, try mixing that in with other coloured chocolate. What it does is take over any other coloured choc it mixes with. Seriously. Mix the black and white chocolate together and what you'll see is the chocolate becomes one dark-coloured piece of choc.

Interesting stuff to say the least.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Criminals can now identify as being like their victims and get housed near them in prison.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think this counts:

White's death is a reminder that American media outlets remain obsessed with the status of a woman's womb and are desperate to project their desires for motherhood onto our cultural icons, even in the face of a career as versatile and decorated (and nulliparous) as White's.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I think this counts:

White's death is a reminder that American media outlets remain obsessed with the status of a woman's womb and are desperate to project their desires for motherhood onto our cultural icons, even in the face of a career as versatile and decorated (and nulliparous) as White's.
What's really funny about this thread is that it's framed as being "fringe" views. But a lot of the sources are things like corporate news networks.