Jon Jones suspended one year by USADA for doping

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I figured they'd have to flex some muscle, but one year for dick pills is an absolute fucking joke.
The man has had his name dragged through the mud for accidentally ingesting a banned substance. Think about that. He's serving a suspension for something he's been found not responsible for. That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Is this the first time usada has given a suspension ahead of an athletic commission doing so?

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
The man has had his name dragged through the mud for accidentally ingesting a banned substance. Think about that. He's serving a suspension for something he's been found not responsible for. That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.
He took that dick pill accidentally? Since Anderson Silva it is known that dick pills may trigger a positive test, if then after all that you are still taking them, then you are deliberate. Of course, let's play along with the dick pill theory. They found a method to get him off easy and they succeeded. All these athletes taking dick pills now? How dense are some people to actually believe that.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
His name was dragged through the mud long before that... by himself. It is not like his repuation took any damage. He suffered no damages.

And fighters are responsivle for what they put intheir body, even if it is a slice of cheese, that is why he gets a year in the first place. If you don't mess around with shady dick pills and questionable subtances, you don't need to worry about testing positive. Even accidental, lol, I love that term (as if it flew in his mouth while he was yawning). The stories and explanations surraounding positve tests are getting more creaive wach time. Before USADA, strangely enough, nobody took dick pills, and supplements where just that. Back then we got to hear the stories about how someone gave them a drink in the locker-room.

That is why these athletes need to be held accountable no matter what. The stories will change to suit whatever methods USADA is trying to introduce.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Okay so you clearly are just speaking about something without reading it first, which has been kind of the theme of this whole conversation- you pretending you have more information than you do mixed with you acting as if this is open and shut with merely the information you've gathered from reading headlines.
They literally said the words "On the evidence before the Panel, the Applicant is not a drug cheat. He did not know that the tablet he took contained prohibited substances or that those substances had the capacity to enhance sporting performance. However by his imprudent use of what he pungently referred to as a "dick pill" he has not only lost a year of his career but an estimated nine million dollars."

http://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/Award-6-November-2016.pdf

If you read the above, I am quoting them directly and not twisting anything. You assumed I was because, surprise surprise, you have a lack of information on the subject.

The whole case is there, and it's looooooong. A lot longer than "he pissed hot, therefore he's guilty."

It's actually an entertaining read. They are not too stoked on Malki Kawa, to say the least.
Your responses are excellent may I just say. I couldnt have written them better myself. Bravo

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Jones is the best ever and this is OK because he'll be back to break all these butthurt haters' hearts again

#dickpillsarentcheating

#regulatethesupplementindustry
When he choked Machida out cold and dropped him like a rag he properly rose in my estimation. Made it look damn easy and it just had the look of domination to it.

M

member 3289

When he choked Machida out cold and dropped him like a rag he properly rose in my estimation. Made it look damn easy and it just had the look of domination to it.
It was a close first round that could have gone either way, but the second round Jones dominated the exchanges and the clinch

Feb 28, 2015
"This outcome which he admits to be a wake-up call for him"
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Because allllll the other asinine shit he has done didn't serve as any kind of wake up call. For crying out loud.

To anyone who believes the mountain sized pile of bullshit, I gots some oceanfront property in the desert for sale that you'd be interested in too.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
He took that dick pill accidentally? Since Anderson Silva it is known that dick pills may trigger a positive test, if then after all that you are still taking them, then you are deliberate. Of course, let's play along with the dick pill theory. They found a method to get him off easy and they succeeded. All these athletes taking dick pills now? How dense are some people to actually believe that.
I'm basing my statements on the arbitrators official comments regarding the case. My, or your opinion is irrelevant.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
His name was dragged through the mud long before that... by himself. It is not like his repuation took any damage. He suffered no damages.
So you're going to sit there and pretend fans like yourself aren't going to call him a juicer and say that his whole career came out of a syringe whenever the topic of him being one of the GOATs comes up? Somehow I doubt that.

And fighters are responsivle for what they put intheir body, even if it is a slice of cheese, that is why he gets a year in the first place. If you don't mess around with shady dick pills and questionable subtances, you don't need to worry about testing positive.
So by your own logic Nick Diaz should have been required to serve his entire 5 year suspension, right?

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
So you're going to sit there and pretend fans like yourself aren't going to call him a juicer and say that his whole career came out of a syringe whenever the topic of him being one of the GOATs comes up?
No. I will say he is the GOAT*

So by your own logic Nick Diaz should have been required to serve his entire 5 year suspension, right?
No, that is weed. Not roids.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I'm basing my statements on the arbitrators official comments regarding the case. My, or your opinion is irrelevant.
It is not my opinion, but rather an observation and exercise in critical thinking. To believe that now athlete after athlete is on the boner pills, and somehow supplements are tainted left and right, I just don't buy that. My opinion is that they should do whatever they can get away with, but once caught, don't treat the fans like dumb cows.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
No, that is weed. Not roids.
Incorrect. They're both banned substances. Your opinion of one versus another is irrelevant. It's extremely disingenuous for you to tell someone who takes a dick pill (allegedly) that they should know better, but look the other way when a guy is caught for a banned substance for the third time.

It is not my opinion, but rather an observation and exercise in critical thinking.
The two highlighted words mean the same thing.

To believe that now athlete after athlete is on the boner pills, and somehow supplements are tainted left and right, I just don't buy that.
I also believe that OJ killed Nicole, but he was found not guilty, so whether or not I agree with the outcome is irrelevant.

My opinion is that they should do whatever they can get away with, but once caught, don't treat the fans like dumb cows.
and if there is an actual fuck up and the fighter really did nothing wrong, then what? They should just grovel in order to appease fans like yourself? What's the point of due process if the outcome isn't going to be respected?

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Your opinion of one versus another is irrelevant
No it is not, and that is why it has been reversed. Fines for weed are stupid. Soon we will all see this. Roids is another story.

The two highlighted words mean the same thing
No, to observe happens before one forms an opinion or viewpoint.

and if there is an actual fuck up and the fighter really did nothing wrong, then what?
Then the fighter should sue the dick pill company, or the supplement company, that is between them. That is how accountability trickles down.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
No it is not, and that is why it has been reversed.
Actually it was reversed largely because of public pressure and that NSAC is a Mickey Mouse operation that values money over ethics.

Fines for weed are stupid.
I agree, but it's not relevant. He knew he was breaking a rule, for the third time, and did it anyways.

No, to observe happens before one forms an opinion or viewpoint.
Which would mean an opinion is based on?... Observations. Thanks for playing.

Then the fighter should sue the dick pill company, or the supplement company, that is between them. That is how accountability trickles down.
You're aware there are a lot of fuck ups regarding drug testing that exceed the spectrum of dick pills, right?

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Actually it was reversed largely because of public pressure and that NSAC is a Mickey Mouse operation that values money over ethics.

I agree, but it's not relevant. He knew he was breaking a rule, for the third time, and did it anyways.

Which would mean an opinion is based on?... Observations. Thanks for playing.

You're aware there are a lot of fuck ups regarding drug testing that exceed the spectrum of dick pills, right?
seriously

Change the description in your avatar to #1 Jon Jones White Night