General Lets talk about the Kavanaugh allegations and confirmation

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Kav will be confirmed as Supreme Court Justice???

• Yes, he's voted into the Supreme Court

• No, the vote fails or his nomination is withdrawn

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I'm really not trying to get into a Lincoln Douglas debate about it. I can suggest multiple reasons for those things other than plans to testify.
That's not what I'm trying to say here. Just that somebody who has been sexually assaulted often chooses not to pursue things criminally or otherwise, and that doesn't mean "it isn't important" or that they're lying.

I'm less focused on Ford and more the heavy-handed assumption that if somebody tells the truth about a sexual assault and then does not follow with criminal charges or more, they must be lying or it's "not important now". I think that's flawed logic for Ford or otherwise.
Your "not important now" is a key factor. The word 'now' being imperative as in it's perfect timing, it should be questioned.

i get what you're saying though. However, I can't much fault the deniers and hope it sends a message to the victims. If you're going to wait until the time is right for you to benefit from your victimhood, you're motives are going to be suspect.

Which would be the only deterrent, don't you think? This could get so out of hand. You can't presume honesty from every victim at all costs. Or should that be held for only female and/or sexual abuse victims?

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Your "not important now" is a key factor. The word 'now' being imperative as in it's perfect timing, it should be questioned.

i get what you're saying though. However, I can't much fault the deniers and hope it sends a message to the victims. If you're going to wait until the time is right for you to benefit from your victimhood, you're motives are going to be suspect.

Which would be the only deterrent, don't you think? This could get so out of hand. You can't presume honesty from every victim at all costs. Or should that be held for only female and/or sexual abuse victims?
Did you menstuate all over my syllogisms, shame on you, vulgar nurse.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Splinty @Splinty

When I was in nursing school, I went to the doctor with chest pains. He knew me. He chuckled and asked, "Are you studying cardiology in school?" I was. :oops:

Do you think that someone who studied psychology and practiced so many years hasn't self diagnosed and psychoanalyzed herself many times over? And she had ptsd so bad 30 years later that she needed a second front door. Can you sustain ptsd to that degree and not have other mental issues manifest? The only thing that makes sense to me is that she repressed it (or ignored it) and something triggered it in 2012. ?

Not being sarcastic here. These are just some of the questions than ran through my head. I'd be interested in hearing your opinion.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
It's sad Kav is in considering his dubious relationship to the truth, but that seems to be normalized now. I'm most interested to see how his rulings come down in the years to come. I imagine he'll stake some opinions that run counter to what the GOP base would prefer, but he'll also do what's expected on key issues. What's unfortunate is that the cloud of this sexual assault controversy obscured all the other problems with his jurism. I guess none of that would have been enough of a hot take to delay, which was the Dems goal, but it seems like the way this fight was waged was a backfire for all involved. Dems are hoping the midterms end up being a referendum on this result, but I fear that too is a miscalculation. We're getting at least 2 more years of a GOP congress and probably 4 more of Trumpito imo.

So my question for conservative Americans is what they think America's top priorities should be? They own the political process. 33 out of 50 governors, majorities in both houses, a 5-4 balance on the supreme court, the white house. Aside from politics to undo regulations, tax codes, potentially the healthcare project and stem immigration, what is the vision for the ideal America? They've shown themselves nimble enough that both media and international pressure cannot slow them down. So now what? Tomorrow belongs to the Republicans. Their ethos is somewhat fragmented right now, but there must be some kind of unifying project that's not a wall or a war to show us what their ideology has to offer.

Right?

Last edited:

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It's sad Kav is in considering his dubious relationship to the truth, but that seems to be normalized now. I'm most interested to see how his rulings come down in the years to come. I imagine he'll stake some opinions that run counter to what the GOP base would prefer, but he'll also do what's expected on key issues. What's unfortunate is that the cloud of this sexual assault controversy obscured all the other problems with his jurism. I guess none of that would have been enough of a hot take to delay, which was the Dems goal, but it seems like the way this fight was waged was a backfire for all involved. Dems are hoping the midterms end up being a referendum on this result, but I fear that too is a miscalculation. We're getting at least 2 more years of a GOP congress and probably 4 more of Trumpito imo.

So my question for conservative Americans is what they think America's top priorities should be? They own the political process. 33 out of 50 governors, majorities in both houses, a 4-3 balance on the supreme court, the white house. Aside from politics to undo regulations, tax codes, potentially the healthcare project and stem immigration, what is the vision for the ideal America? They've shown themselves nimble enough that both media and international pressure cannot slow them down. So now what? Tomorrow belongs to the Republicans. Their ethos is somewhat fragmented right now, but there must be some kind of unifying project that's not a wall or a war to show us what their ideology has to offer.

Right?
Fuck them all to death!

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I’ll be interested to see which personal smear tactic the left uses against the next Supreme Court nominee if/when it is Amy Coney Barrett? Does she like beer too? Any slutty pics of her on Spring Break in the 90’s?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
so now that this is over what is the next manufactured outrage going to be about?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So my question for conservative Americans is what they think America's top priorities should be? They own the political process. 33 out of 50 governors, majorities in both houses, a 5-4 balance on the supreme court, the white house. Aside from politics to undo regulations, tax codes, potentially the healthcare project and stem immigration, what is the vision for the ideal America? They've shown themselves nimble enough that both media and international pressure cannot slow them down. So now what? Tomorrow belongs to the Republicans. Their ethos is somewhat fragmented right now, but there must be some kind of unifying project that's not a wall or a war to show us what their ideology has to offer.
You should make a thread posing these questions to get more visibility

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I haven't followed a second of this but these nominees always get dragged through the muck. I think I'd go mad if I had to watch news coverage of this. It takes you so deep into the bogusphere.you might never be right again.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Still looking at those polls, heh?
He fails to realize obama started at 67%, then 2 years in he was at 43%. Rasmussen has trump at 50% approval right now. I'll be the first to laugh at polling, as clinton was supposed to win by a landslide according to polling samples.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
He fails to realize obama started at 67%, then 2 years in he was at 43%. Rasmussen has trump at 50% approval right now. I'll be the first to laugh at polling, as clinton was supposed to win by a landslide according to polling samples.
That is all he has. Kwingkfctrumpsyndronejiujitsu is losing and doesnt know what to do other then post up links to articles or memes, or twitter reposts lol. This guy is losing his mind its hilarious.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That is all he has. Kwingkfctrumpsyndronejiujitsu is losing and doesnt know what to do other then post up links to articles or memes, or twitter reposts lol. This guy is losing his mind its hilarious.

I like KWingJitsu @KWingJitsu I just wish that he would quit posting Raw Story articles because he doesn't realize a pay wall comes up after viewing a few of them. also because they are crap and obfuscate the actual story so you have to go through a lot of steps to get the news. I'm besties with that commie Belobog @Belobog and I take my literature advice from kneeblock @Kneeblock

I love butthurt from politics. But don't forget the pendulum is going to swing. It always does. That is the natural ebb and flow of politics and Society. Butthurt will come for all of us eventually

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I like KWingJitsu @KWingJitsu I just wish that he would quit posting Raw Story articles because he doesn't realize a pay wall comes up after viewing a few of them. also because they are crap and obfuscate the actual story so you have to go through a lot of steps to get the news. I'm besties with that commie Belobog @Belobog and I take my literature advice from kneeblock @Kneeblock

I love butthurt from politics. But don't forget the pendulum is going to swing. It always does. That is the natural ebb and flow of politics and Society. Butthurt will come for all of us eventually
Mine just left. I dealt with it for 7 years.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

I like Splinty @Splinty - I just wish he would stop whining like a girl touched in her non-no parts about Raw Story links.
Funny though; I never get a pay wall to read their "shitty heavily biased left-leaning libtard" articles.
Maybe your IP has been flagged as subversive? Which bunker are you posting from today, bro?

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Nevermind dude. Keep on making enemies with everyone...it's gonna work out well for you.
:innocent:
One day, you and I must get together and release this sexual tension between us. It must happen.

Oct 24, 2015
Maybe the most sad part about that is that if he was posting here working for Soros, or if some other leftwing front group was paying him, he'd at least have some $ to bet. His dedication to posting here only his stupid ass political thoughts & links seems to be of his own volition. :(
Lol Freeloading Rusty @MC Gusto did this dude ever pay up?
Truck Party @Truck Party where you at? It’s not a party without a truck.