Sports Official NCAA Wrestling Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Fan_of_Fanboys

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Just registered my son for the first tournament of the season, November 2nd. The HS matches won't start until December but hoping to have 2-3 tournaments in November before that for him

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
just noticed that PDIII is registered for non olympic weight trials...

i know people love to hate that guy and for good reason...

but...

he is a loveable psycho...

Fan_of_Fanboys

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Damn kid just told me about a Super 32 qualifying tournament that is tomorrow. Of course registration is closed

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
i despise Super 32...

pre-season one day day before weigh in...

it is a tourney to see who can pull the most weight...

hate it...

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
Duke goes down 5-5 on criteria...

didn't see the match except for the very end, but, these damn russians are not playing around in spain...
Pissed about the Olympics, that is a lot of motivation

Fan_of_Fanboys

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
i despise Super 32...

pre-season one day day before weigh in...

it is a tourney to see who can pull the most weight...

hate it...
It's close and a big one. I want him to start aiming for these high level tournaments so he can see where he stacks up. He wants to wrestle in college he says, he needs to do more than just compete in tournaments in S Carolina eventually. And probably join a club. He has only practiced with his school team

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
It's close and a big one. I want him to start aiming for these high level tournaments so he can see where he stacks up. He wants to wrestle in college he says, he needs to do more than just compete in tournaments in S Carolina eventually. And probably join a club. He has only practiced with his school team
i get it...

it can get a bit tough to find quality competition during the high school season if your school does not travel...

max went a couple of times as a freshmen and sophomore... his first time he went he was walking around at 6s and it was totally worthless to go... he did the next year after growing some...

i strongly advised otto not to even consider it before he quit folk after his freshmen season... he was same position size wise as max was and otto hated pulling any weight for anything that wasn't international... just no point to show up at Super 32 if you cant pull at least two weight classes...

Fan_of_Fanboys

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
My son is 152. I'll let him cut to 144 but nothing lower. He's almost 5'9 and even 144 isn't fun for him. He'll probably spend this season at 150. Try to focus on weight management vs weight cutting.

I need to start looking at tournaments in GA/NC and not just in SC, I think.

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
Tulsa has a HS tourney now…

Fall Brawl in KS is another good pre-season tourney…

USAW pre-season nationals in IA is always tough…

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
Freakshow in Vegas is probably the toughest outside of Super 32…

Fan_of_Fanboys

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Tulsa has a HS tourney now…

Fall Brawl in KS is another good pre-season tourney…

USAW pre-season nationals in IA is always tough…
Damn those are all really far from SC lol

Need more in the SE part of the country

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
Damn those are all really far from SC lol

Need more in the SE part of the country
once you hit HS, there just is not many options for pre-season…

during the season it drops to almost none if your high school doesn’t travel…

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
Check the FloArena dates and track…

there has to be something closer…

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
Blaze gets totally controlled by Japan and loses 7-2 after no time TD gifted to blaze… pretty crazy because that kid is legit…

Lockett does nothing and wins 3-1 after failed YOLO brick by AZE trying to get a fleeing…

Barr smashed TUR 10-0 first period…

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
Mirasola loses 4-4 on a fleeing call…

totally correct call…

After YOLO brick it’s 5-4…

just an awful match from both sides…

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
Kueter gets the tech…

Otto hung with him a bit in Spain… says he is a good kid…

6 in the finals for the US…

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
My guy lilledahl is world champ again…

2-1 win against Pavlov of Russia… that kid was second at senior Russian nationals…

all shot clock points…

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
Bassett comes away with bronze…

cooked the Georgian on pure pace…

still snapping kids right into his lead leg…

if he learns any par terre he could be a real problem…

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
blaze takes bronze...

lockett tries to win a one TD match and loses 3-3 on criteria then acts the fool and ignores iranian coach, gets craded, forced to go back and shake his hand... not a great look...

barr totally controlled...

mirasola same...

kueter still a little light in the ass for the top tier heavies... gets a late TD when masoumi trips over his own feet... loses 4-2...

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
next weekend is non-olympic weight trials in nebraska...

max at 63... Ildar the main comp signed up so far... no roberts currently...

otto going to skip it... flies to iowa in the AM and i am officially an empty nester...

drove otto's car and all his stuff to iowa last night and got in about 4AM after having our celebratory lunch at our favorite indian restaraunt...

i guess i need to find a new hobby other than crazy wrestling dad...

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
non-olympic weight trials this weekend in nebraska...

vito and valencia sitting in the finals...

no one sits in greco...

Ildar gets the 1 seed and max the 2 at 63kg greco... they should both have no issues getting into the best of 3...

they do not like each other even a little...

be only the second time they have wrestled... max was in the finals of the US Open when he was 19 and Ildar went out to prove a point to the young loud kid and he did with some questionable tactics that we all laughed about after the match which included a fishhook...

max has his man's body now and finally healthy after injuries the last couple of years...

max has never lacked any confidence, but, it is at an all time high right now in no small part because what otto did at worlds...

if max wins, he will wrestle U23 worlds in albania at 60kg then stay there to wrestle seniors at 63kg the next week...

i'm pretty pumped...

Fan_of_Fanboys

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Btw LJB @LJB I want to say I'm glad you made the move over here after the OG died. I'm not on the knock off site and I would miss all of your updates and posts. Know they don't fall on deaf ears and they're appreciated