Parenting: the Official TMMAC Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

My father and I in the bath

(ME) What's that dad?

(DAD) That's my rocket ship son.

(ME) A bit small for a rocket ship aint it dad??

(DAD) It gets bigger when it goes to mars

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
My father and I in the bath

(ME) What's that dad?

(DAD) That's my rocket ship son.

(ME) A bit small for a rocket ship aint it dad??

(DAD) It gets bigger when it goes to mars
(My sister in bath) Mum, when will I get one of those? *points to mum's hairy noo noo*

(Mum) In about 12 years.

(Me in bath) Dad, when will I get one of those? *points to dad's hairy willy*

(Dad) In about an hour when mum goes to bingo.

o_O

Just kidding. I don't have a sister.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Any crazy sports parents in here?

My girl was in TKD was she was 6 (took her out for our big rv trip, hopefully return to bjj with little bro soon) Anyways after 7 months or so the class has it's first sparring day. There's about 20 parents in there watching the kids do their thing and there's the odd lol and lots of smiles.

My girl is up, think it was the 7th match and I can see she's nervous. She's one of 3 girls but is the youngest and smallest and she up against a boy who's one year older. Match begins and she starts to circle and the boy look pretty hesitant to do much but toss kicks from way out. 5 seconds in I just start yelling "ATTACK! MOVE FORWARD! HE'S SCARED! " I think I freak out almost every parent there, definitely surprised them lol. I didn't give a fuck and kept hollering at my kid and she actually took my advice after the first few seconds. "NICE CHUCKY ( her name is Charlize but everyone calls her Charlie, Chuckys my little nick name for her) YOU GOT HIM ON HIS HEELS! GO FOR THE KILLSHOT HONEY HE'S GOT NOTHING! HES SCARED OF A GIRL!".I kept up for the whole fight

My wife was beside my and after she stopped laughing she joined in and before long the whole dojang was rooting these two kids to on like it's was the last fight they'd ever see, very cool moment for me. She won the match and I literally got a little misty eyed as I give a standing applause for her efforts, incredibly proud moment for both of us.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
When my boys were about 4 and 5, the little one would get pissed if he received a present that wasn't related to Thomas the Train. So, it's close to Christmas and my friend is coming over with her daughter to exchange gifts. I tell my boys, "Guys, it doesn't matter what gift you receive be grateful and say "thank you and merry Christmas" after you receive your gift. They are playing and paying me no attention. So I say, "I don't care if it's dog shit! (Cuss word gets their attention. They look at me all bug eyed then giggle a lil) you say "thank you and merry Christmas no matter what the gift is. You got it?" They are already back playing. Grrrr
So friends show up, gifts are exchanged. My little one, the one I was worried about, smiles and says "thank you and merry Christmas". I'm grinning and glowing with love at my lil angel. Then the older one says "at least it isn't dog shit".
Doh! I turn to my friend all red faced and say, "I can explain...."

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Not to change the tone of the conversation thus far, but one thing I will say about my parenting experience is that it's mostly remote, which sucks. My ex and I split up when my son was about 1 and my daughter ended up being a surprise I found out about shortly thereafter.

After another 2 years, my ex decided to move back to her hometown which I grudgingly agreed to at the time because I thought it would be good for them to have a better support system and also because the cost of living here in NYC is so high. Daycare alone was costing $1100/month. If I'm being honest, I was also so ill equipped to be a father that I believed I would screw it up permanently if left to my own devices. So off they moved, to Western PA 5 and a half hours by car or 8 hours by train.

Since that foolhardy decision, it's been an incredibly difficult road emotionally to being a dad. Thank goodness for the internet because it's enabled me to keep regular contact with my kids via video calling, without which my daughter likely wouldn't know who I am. Thankfully, I have a good relationship with my ex, but that's been hard work as well.

Remote parenting is its own unique science that I think requires a lot of consideration. My own dad certainly failed miserably at it. I'm glad to say things are working out okay so far, but I honestly don't know how much longer I can sustain it before I cave and move down to the boondocks to be closer.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I've told this before, but when my youngest child was maybe kindergarten age, he asked me how men lay eggs. o_O

I explained that men don't. Women do.

He said, "Then why is it called maneggs? "

Mayonnaise :D

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Not to change the tone of the conversation thus far, but one thing I will say about my parenting experience is that it's mostly remote, which sucks. My ex and I split up when my son was about 1 and my daughter ended up being a surprise I found out about shortly thereafter.

After another 2 years, my ex decided to move back to her hometown which I grudgingly agreed to at the time because I thought it would be good for them to have a better support system and also because the cost of living here in NYC is so high. Daycare alone was costing $1100/month. If I'm being honest, I was also so ill equipped to be a father that I believed I would screw it up permanently if left to my own devices. So off they moved, to Western PA 5 and a half hours by car or 8 hours by train.

Since that foolhardy decision, it's been an incredibly difficult road emotionally to being a dad. Thank goodness for the internet because it's enabled me to keep regular contact with my kids via video calling, without which my daughter likely wouldn't know who I am. Thankfully, I have a good relationship with my ex, but that's been hard work as well.

Remote parenting is its own unique science that I think requires a lot of consideration. My own dad certainly failed miserably at it. I'm glad to say things are working out okay so far, but I honestly don't know how much longer I can sustain it before I cave and move down to the boondocks to be closer.
This is rough. Being away from the kids is exactly why I got out of the military. I hope you guys find a good balance.

Holy hell, $1,100 for daycare? That is the mortgage on my 5 bedroom house. You are clearly making some cheddar, so that makes moving tough too I'd imagine.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
This is rough. Being away from the kids is exactly why I got out of the military. I hope you guys find a good balance.

Holy hell, $1,100 for daycare? That is the mortgage on my 5 bedroom house. You are clearly making some cheddar, so that makes moving tough too I'd imagine.
Lol no not at all. There just weren't low cost options where I was. There was one, but it was awful. Babies in high chairs with no front and kids lying in cribs crying unattended. Child care is a rough business because of funding, but it's gotten better now thanks to an expansion of pre-K and daycare slots by the state and local government. When my kids were young we were basically screwed.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
When my boys were about 4 and 5, the little one would get pissed if he received a present that wasn't related to Thomas the Train. So, it's close to Christmas and my friend is coming over with her daughter to exchange gifts. I tell my boys, "Guys, it doesn't matter what gift you receive be grateful and say "thank you and merry Christmas" after you receive your gift. They are playing and paying me no attention. So I say, "I don't care if it's dog shit! (Cuss word gets their attention. They look at me all bug eyed then giggle a lil) you say "thank you and merry Christmas no matter what the gift is. You got it?" They are already back playing. Grrrr
So friends show up, gifts are exchanged. My little one, the one I was worried about, smiles and says "thank you and merry Christmas". I'm grinning and glowing with love at my lil angel. Then the older one says "at least it isn't dog shit".
You won everything today. I'm logging off the internet because everything else I read will be downhill from here.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Lol.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
My kids probably saved my life. I was out of control, met a chick, told her to get in my mailtruck (kinda like poetic justice but with drugs and booze), then I got a place, put her in it and she got preggo. I 60% straightened up and the next one came. Every time one would pop out she was off and I was getting my stuff tighter. After years of tragedy and treatment(hers) we got married after much counseling, one great month of probably what one would consider a normal life, we had friends over, she snuck a six pack in, she couldn't do it(normal life). She came back 3 days later with hickeys and new duds drunk and high dancing like a stripper, kids were 2 and 3 at this point. I filed for divorce the next day.
My daughters are 14 and 15 now, I've raised them entirely alone, no support since then.
I've got a million stories, but they're just ours mainly. Every day we do and say crazy stuff.
I'm a pretty....dynamic, person, so that's rubbed off on them, even the conservative one and we are laughing wrestling and all over the house for awhile.
There's been nightmarish hell too, I wasn't built to be everything they need, so I'm trying everything to hold on.
One is doing better than the other, but one is too much like me.
I took her to horse therapy today, we start weekly every Thursday now. Between that, counseling, sports, everything I do etc. hopefully these things get better.
Without them I'd probably have ended up like all my buddies, dead or in prison or both.
I'm not sure anything else could've stopped me.
These days I'm coming to terms that I've been in my own way, and can now give them nearly 100% until they graduate, then gradually begin my bucket list, maybe meet someone.
They are both beautiful and gifted. Today I got the "a guy asked me to homecoming, can I go?" from BOTH of them.
Friends, it's gonna be a loooooooong 4 years!
And who am I kidding, it's gonna be a long forever ;)

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My kids probably saved my life. I was out of control, met a chick, told her to get in my mailtruck (kinda like poetic justice but with drugs and booze), then I got a place, put her in it and she got preggo. I 60% straightened up and the next one came. Every time one would pop out she was off and I was getting my stuff tighter. After years of tragedy and treatment(hers) we got married after much counseling, one great month of probably what one would consider a normal life, we had friends over, she snuck a six pack in, she couldn't do it(normal life). She came back 3 days later with hickeys and new duds drunk and high dancing like a stripper, kids were 2 and 3 at this point. I filed for divorce the next day.
My daughters are 14 and 15 now, I've raised them entirely alone, no support since then.
I've got a million stories, but they're just ours mainly. Every day we do and say crazy stuff.
I'm a pretty....dynamic, person, so that's rubbed off on them, even the conservative one and we are laughing wrestling and all over the house for awhile.
There's been nightmarish hell too, I wasn't built to be everything they need, so I'm trying everything to hold on.
One is doing better than the other, but one is too much like me.
I took her to horse therapy today, we start weekly every Thursday now. Between that, counseling, sports, everything I do etc. hopefully these things get better.
Without them I'd probably have ended up like all my buddies, dead or in prison or both.
I'm not sure anything else could've stopped me.
These days I'm coming to terms that I've been in my own way, and can now give them nearly 100% until they graduate, then gradually begin my bucket list, maybe meet someone.
They are both beautiful and gifted. Today I got the "a guy asked me to homecoming, can I go?" from BOTH of them.
Friends, it's gonna be a loooooooong 4 years!
And who am I kidding, it's gonna be a long forever ;)
I feel for guys with stories about bad divorces. I just can't imagine how much harder being a parent is when you add that into the mix, hopefully I never find out.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
My son and his Xbox saga reminded me of another story.

Last year, the female PE teacher called me. It kinda went like this:

Her: Mrs. Sk, I'm calling to let you know that I have had to suspend your son from PE for 2 days. He teabagged a girl in PE. Mrs sk, do you know what that is?!
Me: (horrified) yes
Her: well I just wanted you to be aware.
Me: um, how did this happen? Like, where were they?
Her: they were in the gym. Your son ran up from behind her and jumped over her.
Me: did he hit her?
Her: No, he ran from behind while she was walking. Jumped, spread his legs and cleared her. It was pretty impressive actually. (My son was on the short side last year)
Me: (confused) how did he teabag her in mid air?
Pause
Her: (with attitude) I thought you said that you knew what teabagging was!
Me: (calmly) I do. Do you? It's putting your genitals in someone's face, right?
Her: (she's getting perturbed) well the little girl came to me crying and said he teabagged her. Now, I know that's impossible. But I can't have her telling her dad that and I didn't do anything about it.
Me: but you realize it is impossible?
Pause
Her: well, he has 2 days suspension. I can't have boys jumping over my girls.
Me: ok, I'll talk to him this afternoon. Thank you for calling me.

After about half hour of thought, I drive to the school. That's another story.....lol

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016

Her: Mrs. Sk, I'm calling to let you know that I have had to suspend your son from PE for 2 days. He teabagged a girl in PE. Mrs sk, do you know what that is?!
Her: No, he ran from behind while she was walking. Jumped, spread his legs and cleared her. It was pretty impressive actually. (My son was on the short side last year)
Pause
Her: (she's getting perturbed) well the little girl came to me crying and said he teabagged her. Now, I know that's impossible. But I can't have her telling her dad that and I didn't do anything about it.
Pause

After about half hour of thought, I drive to the school. That's another story.....lol
I like your kid

P

Punch

Pause
Pause

I have a feeling my kid might be a troublemaker like i was. I don't look forward to those trips to the school. I might just whip an teacher's ass if they be fuckin' up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I have a feeling my kid might be a troublemaker like i was. I don't look dorward to those trips to the school. I might just whip an teacher's ass if they be fuckin' up.
Ya, well you are going to have to. Some teachers are assholes just like everywhere else.

My main concern on the "teabagging" incident was, why did this girl accuse my son of this. You know the girl knows what teabagging is. Why would she lie about something like that? Must be more to this story. So I waited till last period and checked my boy out. He didn't even know that the girl accused him of that. So he was handed down the punishment without even being asked about it. Grrrr
And there was more to the story. This girl was also throwing paper wads, pencils, etc at him in home room. He had been ignoring her for weeks. She walked by him in PE with her friends giggling. He said he did it on impulse. The girl basically liked him, he wasn't into her, so she was bullying him.

Attention peeps with sons: the school mentality is the girl is always right!

And don't think for one minute bitches won't lie.

Ya, you have to go fight for your boys. Noone else is going to.

P

Punch

Ya, well you are going to have to. Some teachers are assholes just like everywhere else.

My main concern on the "teabagging" incident was, why did this girl accuse my son of this. You know the girl knows what teabagging is. Why would she lie about something like that? Must be more to this story. So I waited till last period and checked my boy out. He didn't even know that the girl accused him of that. So he was handed down the punishment without even being asked about it. Grrrr
And there was more to the story. This girl was also throwing paper wads, pencils, etc at him in home room. He had been ignoring her for weeks. She walked by him in PE with her friends giggling. He said he did it on impulse. The girl basically liked him, he wasn't into her, so she was bullying him.

Attention peeps with sons: the school mentality is the girl is always right!

And don't think for one minute bitches won't lie.

Ya, you have to go fight for your boys. Noone else is going to.
Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.

Thirsty lil girl had some wishful thinking on the bally mouf. :D

P

Punch

So i'm reading a thread in cageside La Paix @Kelly made earlier today and my little one runs up to me.

"Daddy, what'chu doin'?", she inquires.

"Nothin' much sweetheart, just reading.", I reply.

"Let me see, please?", she asks.

"See, baby. It's nothing i think you'd be terribly interested in.", i say tilting the phone where she can see.

"What that?!", her voice raising slightly as she points to kelly's avatar.

Kicking myself i answer, "Sweetie, that's a picture of Mr. Kelly's wife, and he's very proud of her."

One confused look later she says, "okay" and takes off running.

So i'm reading a thread in cageside La Paix @Kelly made earlier today and my little one runs up to me.

"Daddy, what'chu doin'?", she inquires.

"Nothin' much sweetheart, just reading.", I reply.

"Let me see, please?", she asks.

"See, baby. It's nothing i think you'd be terribly interested in.", i say tilting the phone where she can see.

"What that?!", her voice raising slightly as she points to kelly's avatar.

Kicking myself i answer, "Sweetie, that's a picture of Mr. Kelly's wife, and he's very proud of her."

One confused look later she says, "okay" and takes off running.

We are all proud of her...And La Paix @Kelly for sharing.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Last night my girlfriend and I were having an interesting conversation about our respective daughters and how we mold their conceptions of femininity.

I was saying that I tell my daughter she's pretty all the time, not for any reason other than I think so, but I worried that in doing this I could either be making her A) Vain or B) Thinking that her value comes primarily from her looks.

Neither of these are outcomes I want, but at the same time I know we do live in a world where women are given complexes based on their appearance. So it begged the question, do we prepare our children for the world we want or the world we're in? My girlfriend asked me simply if I regularly compliment my son on his looks (because he is dashingly handsome) and I realized that I don't. And really I don't know why other than the fact that my daughter resembles me a lot more and I always thought I'd make an ugly girl, but am shocked I don't.