Personal @Passive Jay needs our help (not a joke)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
laughing is good for the stomach. I remember long ago when I was a teenager and my sister had a boyfriend over to eat with the family. She conned my mom into making a fancy dinner and making a big fuss to impress this latest dumb jock that my sis dug. She even convinced them to serve a glass of wine. Cheap shit, but kinda fancy for teenagers. Anyhway I took it upon myself to duct tape a fart machine to the bottom of her chair when no one was looking. Finally after the family had sat down and said their prayers I excused myself to the kitchen. From the corner of the kitchen I peered into the dining room. My sister was pontificating about the student council glee club or some such rubbish. That's when I pulled the remote for the FART MACHINE from my pocket. Of course it was on the highest possible volume and it let out the most god-awful fart sounds as my sister helplessly tried to talk over the unusually vast variety of disgusting FART sounds-- from left cheek sneeks to trumpet refried bean FARTS to... my favorite the explosive diahrhea "Oh NO I SHIT THE BED!" I never laughed so freakin' hard in my life and still haven't. Even thinking about it now it brings a smile to my face. The next day I felt like I had done a thousand sit ups and 800 crunches. Best ab workout ever! Be well my friend.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
Truly happy for you man. It could have been a hell of a lot worse.
oh i know. every time I start to dwell on how shitty I feel, or how this is fucking me financially, or all the work to do to get back into any kind of shape, I remind myself that I am surviving borderline stage 3 cancer with no chemo and a recovery time of months instead of having to deal with it for years.

People say I got lucky, I certainly do not feel lucky but as you said it could have went way worse.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
oh i know. every time I start to dwell on how shitty I feel, or how this is fucking me financially, or all the work to do to get back into any kind of shape, I remind myself that I am surviving borderline stage 3 cancer with no chemo and a recovery time of months instead of having to deal with it for years.

People say I got lucky, I certainly do not feel lucky but as you said it could have went way worse.
the mind is a powerful thing Jay

Use it for positive thoughts of healing and strength

I lost 20lbs of muscle in a month when I had surgery...Muscle memory is real though...The muscle came back on mostly by itself with minimal work...You will come back strong and sexy as before, no rush

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

You are lucky bro. If not for that hernia, there could have been no coming back from this.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

I’ve been following you on Twitter forever now and you have such a sunny disposition to you that you will beat the fuck out of this.
Back to work in two and a bit weeks with everything back to normal again.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
stomach still sucks. getting tired of it to be honest. everything else is going ok. been forcing myself to eat and have actually gained a couple of pounds the last few days. hopefully I can keep the trend going.
All you needed was some straight dick2
Now you should probably eat meat.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
stomach still sucks. getting tired of it to be honest. everything else is going ok. been forcing myself to eat and have actually gained a couple of pounds the last few days. hopefully I can keep the trend going.
Yeah, you need to force yourself. Plenty of steak, liver, leafy greens full of iron to build your energy up.

Not to any degree of what you're going through and I eat like a bird lately but I had a bit of a blip recently where I could barely move and foods like that really do help.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
stomach seems a bit better today! about a 3 on the this sucks scale. Since I had been waking up to a 5 or 6 the last few days I am pretty happy actually.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
I was going to post my well wishes earlier but held off because my dad had bowel cancer last year, and almost died during the operation and subsequently needed a colostomy bag. He's been determined to have a reversal despite there being a 1 in 10 mortality rate for it. Thankfully he's cancelled it.

Pleased your doing OK jay, its an awful thing to have to go through for yourself and your loved ones.

Here's to bright and healthy future for you! :cheers:

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
The doctor said I was okay to work out, so I worked out! Just 30 minutes of mild cardio yoga but it's a start. Here is the first picture of my journey to gain back the 20 lb I lost

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The doctor said I was okay to work out, so I worked out! Just 30 minutes of mild cardio yoga but it's a start. Here is the first picture of my journey to gain back the 20 lb I lost

looking about 180 something there

how close am I?

muscle memory is great...I think it will be easier than you suspect to gain your mass and strength back

Ur looking good brother

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
close, about 176-177lb
well you look big to me...maybe your legs are thin?

anyways looking Good Jay...big sexy mofo

just having good posture is an achievement after they tear up the ab muscles...took me 2 months to stand straight up and your operation was far more complex than mine

guess you gotta be careful cause of the hernia?

Great to see you up and at em bro

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
well you look big to me...maybe your legs are thin?

anyways looking Good Jay...big sexy mofo

just having good posture is an achievement after they tear up the ab muscles...took me 2 months to stand straight up and your operation was far more complex than mine

guess you gotta be careful cause of the hernia?

Great to see you up and at em bro
yeah i am having posture issues as well.

As far as the hernia goes that depends on who you ask. the hernia doctor said not to do anything. My normal doctor told me to do whatever the hell I want, including heavy lifting as long as it does not hurt to do it. He says that there are way more hernia surgeries being done than needed. He said that most hernias are not the big deal that they are made out to be.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
yeah i am having posture issues as well.

As far as the hernia goes that depends on who you ask. the hernia doctor said not to do anything. My normal doctor told me to do whatever the hell I want, including heavy lifting as long as it does not hurt to do it. He says that there are way more hernia surgeries being done than needed. He said that most hernias are not the big deal that they are made out to be.
yoga and stretching helped me...mostly my ribs just felt off for months