Personal @Passive Jay needs our help (not a joke)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
It actually sounds pretty good.

Ok, I sucked really bad for some reason when I recorded a video showing how nice it sounds so here is a video where you can barely hear the bass but at least my timing was not shit.

and here is a video where I used a different device to record and also turned the music down and bass up in the mixer. Only problem is my timing was shit for some reason.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

Ok, I sucked really bad for some reason when I recorded a video showing how nice it sounds so here is a video where you can barely hear the bass but at least my timing was not shit.

and here is a video where I used a different device to record and also turned the music down and bass up in the mixer. Only problem is my timing was shit for some reason.

I liked the first one more because you didn't look down at what you were doing a load and it was more natural. You're good, matey!
Why bass and not guitar?

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

Good stuff.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
I liked the first one more because you didn't look down at what you were doing a load and it was more natural. You're good, matey!
Why bass and not guitar?

bass is just easier for my big clumsy hands. I have a nice little squier telecaster that is awesome, i just suck with it.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
Why bass and not guitar?
I still look down a lot because I lack confidence in my feel of the fret positions. I am getting better at just moving my fingers to the right fret without looking but when I record something I am scared I am going to screw up so I tend to keep checking the frets.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I still look down a lot because I lack confidence in my feel of the fret positions. I am getting better at just moving my fingers to the right fret without looking but when I record something I am scared I am going to screw up so I tend to keep checking the frets.
I wasn't having a go! I'm seriously impressed with anyone who can do that and put it out for anyone to see.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Sorry, I forgot to donate when I got home the other night. I just did. You're at $2700 now. Good luck!

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
I wasn't having a go! I'm seriously impressed with anyone who can do that and put it out for anyone to see.

you can play too! I have been playing around 4 years. 100% taught by Rocksmith 2014. The last 2 years I have not kept up with it like I should so I am not much if any better than I was two years ago (maybe worse) but the first two years I played pretty much every single day. My rule was I had to play 3 songs every day. Sometimes I played way more but at least three was the rule. It only took 15 or 20 minutes so not much excuse to not do it and if you do pretty much anything everyday you are going to get at least ok at it.