Race discussion with Big.Thirsty

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
That the scientific community, specifically forensic anthropologists, agree that certain racial characteristics can be used to identify skeletal remains.

How is that not physical proof of race?
That would be, if it's definitive. Did you provide a link? I'd be very interested in reading up on that.

Edit: reading now but busy. Will respond once I've read it and have time.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Ok I had a read. There isn't much about race identification in there, other than they can recognise race from cranial remains. No description of method or accuracy.

Consider that we generally identify someone's race by looking at them, although this again isn't definitive.

So whilst it is interesting, the article doesn't provide enough info to be conclusive. I will do some more reading on it.

DFW4L

15 events before the end of 2016 - YOU'RE WELCOME!
Mar 23, 2016
"Race is real"

"Please provide evidence"

"er....sickle cell?"
More like:

Me: 'Race is real'

Leigh: 'Please provide succinct proof posted in this thread that does not require me to read anything or click any links, it needs to prove exclusive features of modern races to pass my litmus test while I pretend to not understand how transportation/migration makes that impossible...'

Me: 'I can't, because transportation - I never said distinct exclusive racial groups currently exist, because transportation'

Leigh: 'Yao Ming is tall, therefore my premise that race is only social constuct has been proven'

For people that do care to read: Allele frequency spectrum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IschKabibble

zero
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I get the point you're trying to make Leigh @Leigh. But I don't think it's scientifically accurate to say the physical differences aren't there. Biological anthropology is a peer-reviewed science. Its existence alone is the proof.

How would you classify these very different, yet strikingly similar peoples? Should we just make up a new, less offensive word for it?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I get the point you're trying to make Leigh @Leigh. But I don't think it's scientifically accurate to say the physical differences aren't there. Biological anthropology is a peer-reviewed science. Its existence alone is the proof.

How would you classify these very different, yet strikingly similar peoples? Should we just make up a new, less offensive word for it?

I don't understand your question. I'd classify them all as mummies. Do I need to classify them further?

P

Punch

We made those for you humans. Don't get uppity now. :D

DFW4L

Mar 23, 2016
for those truly interested...

View: https://www.amazon.com/Troublesome-Inheritance-Genes-Human-History/dp/1594204462

Drawing on startling new evidence from the mapping of the genome, an explosive new account of the genetic basis of race and its role in the human story

Fewer ideas have been more toxic or harmful than the idea of the biological reality of race, and with it the idea that humans of different races are biologically different from one another. For this understandable reason, the idea has been banished from polite academic conversation. Arguing that race is more than just a social construct can get a scholar run out of town, or at least off campus, on a rail. Human evolution, the consensus view insists, ended in prehistory....

DFW4L

Mar 23, 2016
LOL ok I should have written "we CAN generally identify someone's race by looking at them"
'No you can't, ever hear of boats and shit?'

we have officially gone 980 degrees, lol, good times...

DFW4L

Mar 23, 2016
You started a thread to argue a point and now you're being facetious.

I'm out.
Thanks for seeing it, he has no position left other than mocking as an endurance challenge, telling, imo - ultimately the crowd decides...

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
You started a thread to argue a point and now you're being facetious.

I'm out.
No I'm not. You posted a pic of some mummies and where they were found and asked me his I'd classify them. I don't know what you're looking for. A Mexican mummy and an Egyptian mummy?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Thanks for seeing it, he has no position left other than mocking as an endurance challenge, telling, imo - ultimately the crowd decides...
You can try to trivialise my posts but you've dragged out a thread to basically say that you have no evidence to support your point.

I'm much more interested in IschKabibble @IschKabibble's posts now. I may actually learn something.

DFW4L

Mar 23, 2016
You can try to trivialise my posts but you've dragged out a thread to basically say that you have no evidence to support your point.

I'm much more interested in IschKabibble @IschKabibble's posts now. I may actually learn something.
Remember,

A few years ago you agreed with me and the hard sciences, until some smooth talking SJW lothario put the Social Science black arts on you...

now you are a flat earth geneticist, will stop dragging this out now with my inability to prove complex scientific ideas with concise irrefutable inline pastes