Race discussion with Big.Thirsty

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Yeah, I hate it when these things turn into a "read my link!!!" but this one is fairly basic and doesn't require in-depth analysis (I hope) to get the gist of it.
Big.Thirsty's link
Just had a look but that's a long article. Can you just copy and paste the part listing the physical traits?

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Did not all races of dogs originate from the gray wolf?
Yes they were youre not getting off that easy broseph, were talking about natural v artificial selection.

1.8m call it 2 million years of natural selection v 10,000 years of artificial selection

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Yes they were youre not getting off that easy broseph, were talking about natural v artificial selection.

1.8m call it 2 million years of natural selection v 10,000 years of artificial selection
How the fuk is it different limiting breeding options by your master, or by geographic barriers?
It has the same effect of creating different looking families from the same speices.... what we call races.

IschKabibble

zero
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Skeletal Remains Identification by Facial Reconstruction
Paper presented at the 9th Biennial Meeting of the International Association
for Craniofacial Identification, FBI, Washington, DC, July 24, 2000
There are significant differences in the thicknesses of the soft tissues of males and females of different races
In the Western Cape Province of South Africa, forensic pathologists examine numerous cases involving skeletal remains each year (Schwar et al. 1987). Most of these cases are the result of unnatural deaths and require forensic investigation. The usual procedure is to analyze the bones to determine the age, race, and sex of the individual (De Villiers 1968) and to correlate this information with the missing persons list.

Skeletal Remains Identification by Facial Reconstruction, by Phillips (Forensic Science Communications, January 2001)

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Ok, so to address your point, yes if those traits existed that met the criteria you defined, I agree that race would be physically real but no one has identified them on this thread so far.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
How the fuk is it different limiting breeding options by your master, or by geographic barriers?
It has the same effect of creating different looking families from the same speices.... what we call races.
The specificity is based on purpose among our dearly bred canine friends, with us its geography, there's specificity in geography though.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
This is where it gets hard for one retard who gets it like me to explain it to a bunch of retards who dont get it like yous

Ok, so to address your point, yes if those traits existed that met the criteria you defined, I agree that race would be physically real but no one has identified them on this thread so far.
fair enough, I just don't want to throw up a wall of text or worse yet, put in my own impression in place of what's written.

The specificity is based on purpose among our dearly bred canine friends, with us its geography, there's specificity in geography though.
selection is selection, it's a discriminatory process anyway you slice it; with animals, it has often been our fancy due to our needs (i.e. the environment) with people, it has been our fancy due to our needs (i.e. the environment). Mother nature also culls the herd but does that make the distinction between breed/race any less, e.g. we have different breeds of wolf, and so what?

*"Environment" has a VERY broad meaning, so reader be warned*

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
selection is selection, it's a discriminatory process anyway you slice it; with animals, it has often been our fancy due to our needs (i.e. the environment) with people, it has been our fancy due to our needs (i.e. the environment). Mother nature also culls the herd but does that make the distinction between breed/race any less, e.g. we have different breeds of wolf, and so what?

*"Environment" has a VERY broad meaning, so reader be warned*
"selection is selection, it's a discriminatory process anyway you slice it"

False dichotomy

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I believe in freedom of the individual's choice, but it would've been nice. Sad when races go extinct.
Evolution has a lot of us wired to like exotic stuff, and for good reason too.

You could say the same about families going extinct, would you want families just to procreate with themselves? Feels a bit arbitrary.

P

Punch

I can't tell the physical difference between a racist and and asshole; Both spew shit out of their holes.