Race discussion with Big.Thirsty

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Ill say this, you cant scientifically define race......YET

I thought Id throw that in here because I just stumbled into some mind blowing findings regarding this topic out of Caltec

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I agree, with both lines, neither call into question my position whatsoever, imo The only qualifier is remembering what average means.

I disagree that Race is only a social construct, I believe it is a physical construct also (which includes the brain of course)...

...there is a huge (primary) mindset amongst social scientists that race can never be considered more than a social construct because they are terrified, and will fight this point to the death, because once race is accepted as physical then the brain and behavior is included and that opens up a whole realm of race based behavior judgements.

This is a social science dogma at its peak (that race can never be considered anything more than a social construct), people obliged to science and anthropology, who are unconcerned with the potential of how race being considered physical have proven race is physical through genetics, yet this will likely never be widely accepted in the social sciences world.

av·er·age
ˈav(ə)rij/
noun
  1. 1.
    a number expressing the central or typical value in a set of data
Here's another logical fallacy name drop for you - strawman ;)

I haven't relied on any social science references to debate my position. You could be 100% correct. I don't necessarily consider social science to be valid anyway. I saw lots of people at university studying social science because they couldn't get on to degrees with stricter requirements. Not that I'm generalising ;)

So if we take:
Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps and Liu Xiang and Semi Tadulala, we're supposed to conclude that the difference in their appearance is a social construct?

How is it that the Northern Chinese can accurately identify Southern Chinese and vice versa? It's fairly easy to distinguish a Russian from a German (outliers exist of course), is that all just due to social constructs?

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Of course race exists. Any simpleton knows this.
Faggotry new age teaching says there not, just like they're trying to make sex transferable or non-existence.
Argue with them though and the SJW's will just try to ostracize you and call you racist.Be careful DFW4L @Big.Thirsty , you might as well be arguing with a feminist that men are physically stronger than women....just plain crazy

DFW4L

15 events before the end of 2016 - YOU'RE WELCOME!
Mar 23, 2016

I haven't relied on any social science references to debate my position. You could be 100% correct. I don't necessarily consider social science to be valid anyway. I saw lots of people at university studying social science because they couldn't get on to degrees with stricter requirements. Not that I'm generalising ;)
I never addressed you or directed any of my social science commentary to you, only my first two lines were meant at you.
As far as social science being fake and for dumb people, its the same way on this side of the pond.

Glad we agree that race exists physically.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I never addressed you or directed any of my social science commentary to you, only my first two lines were meant at you.
As far as social science being fake and for dumb people, its the same way on this side of the pond.

Glad we agree that race exists physically.
We don't agree race exists physically. You have not demonstrated it at all.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
So if we take:
Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps and Liu Xiang and Semi Tadulala, we're supposed to conclude that the difference in their appearance is a social construct?

How is it that the Northern Chinese can accurately identify Southern Chinese and vice versa? It's fairly easy to distinguish a Russian from a German (outliers exist of course), is that all just due to social constructs?
Their differences are of course genetic. That doesn't mean that races are.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
lol...

about to be morning in America, have fun with the rest of us...
Oh, it's morning here on the East. Sucking down my coffee before heading off to work. Looks like another shit day of rain.

As for this topic - I don't even care to get involved. I think it's a silly argument. Other than @Alienator , we are all Earthlings, members of the Human Race.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Oh, it's morning here on the East. Sucking down my coffee before heading off to work. Looks like another shit day of rain.

As for this topic - I don't even care to get involved. I think it's a silly argument. Other than @Alienator , we are all Earthlings, members of the Human Race.
And @Alienator is still a better specimen than most of us.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Of course race exists. Any simpleton knows this.
Faggotry new age teaching says there not, just like they're trying to make sex transferable or non-existence.
Argue with them though and the SJW's will just try to ostracize you and call you racist.Be careful DFW4L @Big.Thirsty , you might as well be arguing with a feminist that men are physically stronger than women....just plain crazy
Did you call DFW4L @Big.Thirsty a simpleton?

Please refrain from homophobic slurs.

DFW4L

Mar 23, 2016
We don't agree race exists physically. You have not demonstrated it at all.
My homie dictionary got this, should have pulled him out 4 hours ago, lol....

race
rās/

noun
noun: race; plural noun: races

1. each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics

Their differences are of course genetic. That doesn't mean that races are.
And if there are enough people who share enough genetic commonalities that are different from another group of people who also share different genetic commonalities?

I honestly don't see or recognize calling that a social construct anymore than referring to a Doberman and Border Collie to be a social construct. Both are dogs, both like to chase tennis balls and get freaked out by people dressed up as mascots.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015

Humanities = Your otherwise unemployable professor shoves his lef
The difference in their appearance is a social construct.

Fijian man

African men

Both share dark skin, afro hair, the BBC etc etc

Guess what? they are completely unrelated genetically speaking

Please liaise with your friendly world map and human migration chart, Melanesians =/= Negros

Get it?

If a Fijian was walking through Compton they would ask him what set he's claiming, he'd get confused and spear them.

I know cause im half Fijian or thereabouts

Last edited by a moderator:

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
My homie dictionary got this, should have pulled him out 4 hours ago, lol....

race
rās/

noun
noun: race; plural noun: races

1. each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics
God is also in the dictionary. Not proof He exists.

DFW4L

Mar 23, 2016
God is also in the dictionary. Not proof He exists.
I fully accept this as an outright white flag, you have lost your shit dude, lol...

goodnight (morning)