Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Godzilla: King of the Monsters - 5/10

Not enough creature screen time. I'm surprised it did well enough to warrant a sequel.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Blinded By the Light - 8/10

A musical showcasing the stylings of "The Boss" Bruce Springsteen.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood.

5/10. Brad Pitt is the best part of another example of Tarintino making movies so he can feed his foot fetish on the big screen (this one was the also worst for it) and get his friend's paid.
Agreed. What was the hype for in this movie?

Pitt and Leonardo were good but the movie was pretty awful. Probably Tarantino's worst effort to date. Took 3 hours to tell a 2 hour story, and he spent way too much time fulfilling his "I'm an edgy director" side storylines.

The screaming girl at the end was the dumbest shit ever.

I'm usually a fan of Tarantino, but this was pretty bad.

6/10

Last edited:

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
VFW. Straight to dvd/Netflix. Ok b movie. Campy 80s style movie. 4.5/10. Norm from Cheers was in it too.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Agreed. What was the hype for in this movie?

Pitt and Leonardo were good but the movie was pretty awful. Probably Tarantino's worst effort to date. Took 3 hours to tell a 2 hour story, and he spent way too much time fulfilling his "I'm an edgy director" side storylines.

The screaming girl at the end was the dumbest shit ever.

I'm usually a fan of Tarantino, but this was pretty bad.

6/10
Yeah I dont get it. The movie had so much going for it. It took you back to a different age, the acting was great, the score and set pieces. The ending was entertaining.

Zero story. Just a bunch of scenes stitched together.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Yeah I dont get it. The movie had so much going for it. It took you back to a different age, the acting was great, the score and set pieces. The ending was entertaining.

Zero story. Just a bunch of scenes stitched together.
I actually liked the idea of changing history with how the Manson thing played out. Butterfly effect type shit intrigues me.

But the whole movie was sporadic as hell. He spent way too much time developing characters that never really developed. Done right it probably could have been a really cool movie, but everything just got lost in the weeds here.

I'm sure everyone is slapping Tarantino on the back for it and I think Pitt even won an award for his performance, but the movie itself was pretty shit.

And what was up with making Bruce Lee look like a douche bag?

And the chick got hit in the face with a can of dog food so she screams uncontrollably for 5 minutes, then flops around in a pool and randomly fires a gun in the air, all while continuing to scream her head off?

I just thumbed through Tarantino's movies. This is easily his worst effort.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I wonder what going to the movies is going to be like in the future? I like going with husband/friend et. Sitting 4 seats away? No, I'll just watch at home.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I actually liked the idea of changing history with how the Manson thing played out. Butterfly effect type shit intrigues me.

But the whole movie was sporadic as hell. He spent way too much time developing characters that never really developed. Done right it probably could have been a really cool movie, but everything just got lost in the weeds here.

I'm sure everyone is slapping Tarantino on the back for it and I think Pitt even won an award for his performance, but the movie itself was pretty shit.

And what was up with making Bruce Lee look like a douche bag?

And the chick got hit in the face with a can of dog food so she screams uncontrollably for 5 minutes, then flops around in a pool and randomly fires a gun in the air, all while continuing to scream her head off?

I just thumbed through Tarantino's movies. This is easily his worst effort.
It reminded me why Brad was actually my favourite actor, going to see that at the cinema. I get about everyone with Tarantino but you have to have a screw loose if that Bruce Lee scene wasn't money.

I loved it. Last movie I went out to see, and I'm really cool with that.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
It reminded me why Brad was actually my favourite actor, going to see that at the cinema. I get about everyone with Tarantino but you have to have a screw loose if that Bruce Lee scene wasn't money.

I loved it. Last movie I went out to see, and I'm really cool with that.
I thought Brad was pretty much just being Brad. Which is fine and entertaining, but not sure it warranted whatever award he got. Leonardo did great and had some good scenes.

It's Tarantino that fucked this film up.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I thought Brad was pretty much just being Brad. Which is fine and entertaining, but not sure it warranted whatever award he got. Leonardo did great and had some good scenes.

I can see in a way it was jobs for the boys, but isn't Brad being Brad award worthy after all this time? I LOVED that film. My second favourite Tarantino was Inglorious Basterds, but come on, Brad deserved that...even if he was playing our all American Brad.

I even stayed up in bed to watch this the other day he's so Brad Pitt. Because he's Brad Pitt!
Brad Pitt makes his HGTV debut - CNN

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I can see in a way it was jobs for the boys, but isn't Brad being Brad award worthy after all this time? I LOVED that film. My second favourite Tarantino was Inglorious Basterds, but come on, Brad deserved that...even if he was playing our all American Brad.

I even stayed up in bed to watch this the other day he's so Brad Pitt. Because he's Brad Pitt!
Brad Pitt makes his HGTV debut - CNN
Brad's been in much better films.

I'm a big Tarantino fan - but I thought this movie sucked. Definitely not a re-watcher for me.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015

The Academy Awards are a joke, more about spectacle than legit awards.

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
I am watching a movie about ron jeremys dick becoming an unstoppable killing machine possessed by an alien life form. It has detached from his body and attacking and killing people with its semen and by flying into their mouths and choking them to death. Its called one-eyed monster if anyone is interested