Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
If you are familiar with the Manson family stuff and that age of Hollywood, it probably is.

Me as someone that wasn't, I remember it as a weird film.
The Manson stuff isn't particularly real history. I mean obviously the ending is the opposite of historical events, but even before that it wasn't trying to be an accurate portrayal of the Manson Family.

??

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
The Manson stuff isn't particularly real history. I mean obviously the ending is the opposite of historical events, but even before that it wasn't trying to be an accurate portrayal of the Manson Family.

??
Put a Spoiler around that post, some people haven't seen the movie.

And I know, I read a bit about it afterwards. Still I had no clue who the people and groups were, and they haven't been fully established in the movie itself.
It is written with the premise that the watcher knows them, and knows what happened, which I did not.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

I guess an 8/10? It was really funny and really well written. I can't really think of anything to improve on it other than that it appears it was shot on a budget of $27.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018

I guess an 8/10? It was really funny and really well written. I can't really think of anything to improve on it other than that it appears it was shot on a budget of $27.
Very underrated movie! My wife and I quote that movie often! Any time we see a snifter, we’ll comment “Snifters are for warm drinks.” Any time we are not up for doing something, we go with the personal call on the worksite line: “I’m no good to you like this…I’ll be back in 15…20.”

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Very underrated movie! My wife and I quote that movie often! Any time we see a snifter, we’ll comment “Snifters are for warm drinks.” Any time we are not up for doing something, we go with the personal call on the worksite line: “I’m no good to you like this…I’ll be back in 15…20.”
"Jimmy? Jimmy the driver? Cardiff Giant?"

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

??
I don't think there has been an accurate recount of Manson yet.

This book hits on some stuff that will make you go Hmnnnn.
1626745589143.png
Listen to his appearance on JRE if you want partial cliff notes.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The Tracker m(2002)
10/10

1626748289863.png

Great Score
Amazing Cinematography
Top Notch Acting

Great Flow

Aboriginal tracker leading a manhunt in 1922 Australia

Available on Amazon Prime right now if your interested

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
I rewatched Stakeout last night, a film from the 80s starring Richard Dreyfuss and Emilio Estevez. I remember thinking it was funny when I watched it as a teenager.

The character Richard Dreyfuss plays is a right fucking pervert, not only leching at the woman they are staking out through binoculars, but then sneaking into her house and creeping around her bedroom, and perving at her taking a shower. I don't remember that level of creepiness from when I watched it 30 years ago.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Space Jam: A New Legacy

191DF427-4FAF-4E35-83B4-4E68A83E0661.jpeg

I rate this movie 3/5. It wasn’t great by any means but far better than I expected. Plus it earned extra point for the emotional roller coaster it gave my kids.

K @kaladin stormblessed I remember how you were posting about wanting to fuck that cartoon lion from Lion King. Thoughts on Lola Bunny? They desexualized her quite a bit but cmon, those eyes say it all.

Smash or pass?
DF30B57B-D903-46C1-98B4-B6C0E393A475.jpeg

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Space Jam: A New Legacy

View attachment 43041

I rate this movie 3/5. It wasn’t great by any means but far better than I expected. Plus it earned extra point for the emotional roller coaster it gave my kids.

K @kaladin stormblessed I remember how you were posting about wanting to fuck that cartoon lion from Lion King. Thoughts on Lola Bunny? They desexualized her quite a bit but cmon, those eyes say it all.

Smash or pass?
View attachment 43042
id still get after the one on the right. but dammmn, id lay good money for the hottie on the left

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
The Outpost on Amazon

Its a really good film. Thoughtful, honest, well observed, I‘d like to say authentic but how do I know. It’s also nerve shredding.

one of the best modern American war films I’ve seen in a long time.

8.2/10

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
The Suicide Squad.

Super gory, Superheroes super fun!

This is a good film after the last one. James Gunn rocks. Some great scenes in it. The rescue in the rebels camp....no spoilers here folks.

Its another poke in the eye for the American establishment too. One film at a time folks. They must be shitting themselves.

But this is great fun. Definitely not for kinders 8/10

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
The Matrix.
Fun science fiction action flick, well paced. Some of the effects look rough, like flying shots of Neo coming to camera. The keying is kinda bad but easy to look past because of the story. 5/5

Matrix Reloaded.
Especially in contrast to the first film, it's terrible. Almost everything is wrong. Jada Smith can't act. Too many stock characters played with monotone line reads.
Forced characterization, forced emotional grounding for characters we don't care about.

Great action set pieces, but not good enough to justify this film being so far up its own ass.
The pompous philosophy 101 gibberish is nauseating. 1/5