Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
and let me rephrase. i had paused the movie with 7 minutes left cause they started dropping twists i had no idea about

its not powerful per se. but if you go in blind, its moving

great story-telling so that the major career reveals hit home for the viewer

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Took the day off because I’m sad my dog died yesterday. Finally got around to watching Mortal Kombat. Could not have been more disappointed. There was potential but they blew it. Even for fantasy this was impossible to take seriously. It was just so cliche, the poor acting and dialogue killed any chance it might have had. 3/10

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
whoa. this one is even better (only watched half so far)

View attachment 45819

and this one was surprisingly good (at romanticizing scumbags lol)

View attachment 45820
I was watching that Pistons and Pacers game when it all went down. We were like “Why in the fuck are there fans on the court?” It was crazy and took that rivalry to the next level. I really came to like Artest as the years went by.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I was watching that Pistons and Pacers game when it all went down. We were like “Why in the fuck are there fans on the court?” It was crazy and took that rivalry to the next level. I really came to like Artest as the years went by.
yeah man. people around here think of me as a Game of Thrones fan, but Survivor was historically my number 1 (now its my number 1 to compete on but number 2 to watch). Big Brother moved up a rank. definitely my favorite show

and when i saw Meta World Piece on celebrity Big Brother, he won me over. weird dude for sure. but solid dude for sure as well

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery, 1997.

I may not have seen this since its release. It'll be leaving Netflix soon so I wanted to take a look.

Brilliant. Right from the opening frames you get the tone, and it's very fun throughout. Eminently quotable. Hysterically funny. Even after all this time.

The cast is a who's who of names or future names.

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
Just got back from seeing the new “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” movie. It was incredible. Good movie on top of strong performances and countless nostalgic throwbacks to the original. No spoilers but any fans of the original should definitely check it out.

9/10

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Just got back from seeing the new “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” movie. It was incredible. Good movie on top of strong performances and countless nostalgic throwbacks to the original. No spoilers but any fans of the original should definitely check it out.

9/10
It looks really good so I’m glad to hear that it actually is.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015

9/10
I've read that it's a clusterfuck for anybody not impressed by "hey I remember that thing".

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Filmage: The Story of Descendents/All - 9/10

Great documentary that you through the history of one of the greatest punk bands (still doing their thing).
Highly recommend for any fan and it’s worth a watch for anyone who likes music documentaries

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
I've read that it's a clusterfuck for anybody not impressed by "hey I remember that thing".

It would certainly be easy to nitpick this movie to death but if you go into a movie about busting ghosts wanting realism, it’s not going to happen. Going in with a childlike mentality just looking to be entertained you’ll enjoy it!

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Nobody.

8/10

Great film. If like me you understand how dreadful a film John Wick is then this the film for you.

Its everything JW isn’t. Funny, smart and has a story. It makes killing Russian Gangsters a joy.

Its great fun. A Very violent fairytale.

Watch it tonight.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Dune
8/10

Has great sword fighting oscar Issac,brolin and momoa did a great job. It retains all the great stuff from the original but looks way better. They made the villians great in this one instead of vomit inducing like in the 1984 film.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Rewatched Reservoir Dogs last night. I never picked up on the whole “who shot Nice Guy Eddie” 20+ years ago when I first saw it. I went to bed wondering I this was supposed to be a mystery or if I smoked too much weed and missed something obvious. Looked it up this morning and this seems to be a bit of a big deal when it came out. Good play to Tarantino on leaving it to generate buzz.

For those who aren’t in the loop here.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Rewatched Reservoir Dogs last night. I never picked up on the whole “who shot Nice Guy Eddie” 20+ years ago when I first saw it. I went to bed wondering I this was supposed to be a mystery or if I smoked too much weed and missed something obvious. Looked it up this morning and this seems to be a bit of a big deal when it came out. Good play to Tarantino on leaving it to generate buzz.

For those who aren’t in the loop here.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRwxjaLzKIc

Looks very much like Mr White shot him when you see it in slo-mo. The timing of Eddie's reaction was slightly off (because of the faulty squib), but Mr White definitely shoots his second shot in Eddie's direction.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Die Hard the one with that guy from the Dell commercials, something with a vengeance.

Messy. Mildly amusing. Some decent if ridiculous action, in line with the other Die Hards.

Some very stupid plot elements. The entire story is built on a "hackers are wizard and computers can do impossible things" lazy writing framework.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Die Hard the one with that guy from the Dell commercials, something with a vengeance.

Messy. Mildly amusing. Some decent if ridiculous action, in line with the other Die Hards.

Some very stupid plot elements. The entire story is built on a "hackers are wizard and computers can do impossible things" lazy writing framework.
Is that the one where John McLaine shoots down a military helicopter by jamming the throttle of a police car, aiming it at a concrete ramp, and jumping out at the last moment?

I also seem to recall that the big bad guy hacked into the natural gas supply pipeline, somehow made the gas flow backwards down the pipeline (by reversing the fans or something?), and for reasons unknown to science that caused the entire pipeline to explode in a massive fireball.

That was extremely silly even by the standards of Hollywood action movies.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Is that the one where John McLaine shoots down a military helicopter by jamming the throttle of a police car, aiming it at a concrete ramp, and jumping out at the last moment?

I also seem to recall that the big bad guy hacked into the natural gas supply pipeline, somehow made the gas flow backwards down the pipeline (by reversing the fans or something?), and for reasons unknown to science that caused the entire pipeline to explode in a massive fireball.

That was extremely silly even by the standards of Hollywood action movies.
Yep. Both of those things slipped right through the "this is way too stupid even for this franchise" filter in the writer's room

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Spiderman is good fun.

It makes zero sense but it's a good watch if you just switch off.

Its actually quite emotional.