General Shooting at Broward County high school, shooter still at large

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
When you have two separate public posts months apart saying this and a person known to you calls the FBI saying they think you are going to shoot up a school?

That sounds like a joke to you?
I'd take it on a case by case basis. Like I said before, if you're making a direct threat ("I'm going to buy a gun and shoot up (insert place here)", yeah that's a terrorist threat. If you're saying "I want to be a professional school shooter", that can pass as a joke.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I'd take it on a case by case basis. Like I said before, if you're making a direct threat ("I'm going to buy a gun and shoot up (insert place here)", yeah that's a terrorist threat. If you're saying "I want to be a professional school shooter", that can pass as a joke.
A comment such as that directed at a school should never pass as a joke.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
We have a sex offender registry. Why not have a no firearm registry?

This kid could have been charged with a terrorist threat. If found guilty, he goes on the no firearm registry. His family wouldn't be allowed to have firearms in the house either, just like with the convicted felon laws. A mental health professional could also submit a form to have a hearing to place someone on this registry if he sees fit. If officials get more than one complaint or even enough evidence from one complaint, they could also request a hearing to place someone on the registry without a criminal charge.

I know, I know, let's load the justice system with even more shit. But we find the money somewhere and do it.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Florida Gov. Rick Scott called for FBI Director Christopher Wray to resign Friday in the wake of revelations the bureau ignored a Jan. 5 tip about Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz, who killed 17 when he opened fire on Valentine's Day.

The agency said earlier Thursday in a statement that it received a call in January from a person close to Cruz through its Public Access Line tipline to express concerns about Cruz's erratic behavior and disturbing social media posts.

That tip said that Cruz had a gun, wanted to “kill people” and there was the “potential of him conducting a school shooting.”
It said that while that information should have been forwarded to the Miami FBI field office, it was not, and no further investigation was conducted.

“We are still investigating the facts. I am committed to getting to the bottom of what happened in this particular matter, as well as reviewing our processes for responding to information that we receive from the public," Wray said in the statement. "It’s up to all Americans to be vigilant, and when members of the public contact us with concerns, we must act properly and quickly."

But Scott said Wray must resign, saying acknowledging a mistake “isn’t going to cut it..”

“An apology will never bring these 17 Floridians back to life or comfort the families who are in pain. The families will spend a lifetime wondering how this could happen, and an apology will never give them the answers they desperately need,” he said in a statement.

“We constantly promote ‘see something, say something,’ and a courageous person did just that to the FBI. And the FBI failed to act. ‘See something, say something’ is an incredibly important tool and people must have confidence in the follow through from law enforcement. The FBI Director needs to resign.”
Florida Gov. Rick Scott calls for FBI Director Christopher Wray to resign in wake of Parkland school shooting

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Tryingg to stay away from these topics cuz its just not good for my soul but Inhave to share, don’t know what to believe in the news

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
what does this look like? is he rehearsing or just nervous?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Progress ffs finally. Hope everyone else does the same.

Why 'The Daily Wire' Will No Longer Publish Names Or Pictures Of Mass Shooters

It has become increasingly clear in recent years that the value of public knowledge regarding specific names and photographs of mass shooters is significantly outweighed by the possibility of encouraging more mass shootings. Studies suggest that media coverage of mass shootings can have a significant impact on the psyches of potential mass shooters — that such potential mass shooters have a cognitive craving for attention, which they know they will receive for committing atrocities.

As Professor Jennifer Johnston and Andrew Joy of Western New Mexico University found in a paper presented to the American Psychological Association’s annual convention in 2016, “media contagion” can help make mass shootings more common. “Unfortunately,” said Johnston, “we find that a cross-cutting trait among many profiles of mass shooters is desire for fame.” The rise of such a trait in mass shooters, she claimed, rose “in correspondence to the emergence of widespread 24-hours news coverage on cable news programs, and the rise of the internet during the same period.” Johnston recommended a media pact to “no longer share, reproduce, or retweet the names, faces, detailed histories or long-winded statements of killers, we could see a dramatic reduction in mass shootings in one to two years.”

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015

Idk wtf this is, i guess a sign that what we’re seeing and hearing is maybe not the whole truth.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Lol I'm not trying to be mean, more funny
lol thanks but I should stop. I get these type of feed from all over, and the first thing I do is come post here. I should at least wait until more critical evidence shows up. I have a hard time letting go because the thought of someone to pull this type of shit to push their agenda makes me really angry and it has happened many times before.
I feel really bad for the victims and their loved ones. fuck evil motherfukcers who has no regards for human life.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Anyone see the student survivor on CNN that got called out as a legit actor? David Hogg or something. Didn’t dig much into it, but they are saying the dude actually graduated in 2015 and was not a student at the Parkland school.

Be aware that I’m not saying he is an actor... just that I saw posts about it.

M

member 3289

Local news is showing speeches from high school students, fml...

Why do they think I give a fuck about the opinions of some retard who has no idea about how the world works?

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Local news is showing speeches from high school students, fml...

Why do they think I give a fuck about the opinions of some retard who has no idea about how the world works?
A couple of weeks ago these same kids were burning themselves with aerosol deodorant for a YouTube challenge.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
A couple of weeks ago these same kids were burning themselves with aerosol deodorant for a YouTube challenge.
Doe-Eyed Youngsters for My Preferred Policies

"Of course kids don't fully comprehend causes into which they're drafted by adults. They haven't yet entirely developed the skills, let alone the perspective, to completely grasp the consequences of changing laws and threatening people with enforcement. Most adults don't know the historical records of the policies they favor, or the potential trade-offs and dangers inherent in legally favoring one set of values over another, and in the face of resistance. Expecting kids to rise to the occasion is asking a lot."