General Shooting at Broward County high school, shooter still at large

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Deputies hid outside Parkland school while gunman fired shots
BSO deputies didn’t immediately try to locate Cruz or aid his victims, despite being trained to to confront active shooters without delay, the report said.

At least three other BSO deputies were on the scene as gunshots rang out, but couldn’t pinpoint the shooter’s location.

Broward Sheriff Scott Israel condemned Peterson’s response to the shooting, saying he was “sick to my stomach” the deputy didn’t enter the building.

“I saw approximately four Broward County Sheriff’s Office vehicles parked [on the road outside the school] ... with their personnel taking up exterior positions behind their vehicles,” Wilkins said, according to the report. “I drove up just west of the campus building 1200, exited my vehicle, grabbed my AR-15 rifle and donned on my tactical/medical gear."

There he encountered the BSO deputy taking cover behind a tree who had a sense of the shooter’s location.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
where is the kids body armor?

two witnesses said a person in body armor was firing down hallways...didn't they catch the kid later on after the shooting?

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
where is the kids body armor?

two witnesses said a person in body armor was firing down hallways...didn't they catch the kid later on after the shooting?
Two out of hundreds. Safe to say they were caught in the moment and aren’t clearly recalling what happened or they are remembering the police entering and blurring everything together.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I don't think it's proper to blame anyone for a massacre like this except the shooter himself.

In hindsight sure there are things that MAYBE could have been done, but who's to say he wouldn't have just shot up the school anyway?

James Holmes was seeing a psychiatrist and still went on the rampage.

M

member 3289

Deputy who stayed behind cruiser during Parkland shooting gets job back

"The deputy, Sgt. Brian Miller, will be reinstated with full seniority, back pay and other benefits, according to an arbitration ruling obtained by NBC News.
Miller was paid more than $187,000 in 2018."
It's not about whether or not he deserved to be fired, it was about his right to due process. From another article:

The union learned Wednesday that arbitrator concluded that the Broward County Sheriff’s Office violated Miller’s due process rights when Sheriff Gregory Tony terminated him two days past a deadline that a state law allows for punishing law enforcement officers once an investigation is completed.

And it's about even more than that as our unelected sheriff decided to pick a fight with the deputies' union and is currently under investigation for failing to report that he murdered a man when he was 14 years old.

I don't like the fact that BSO had to rehire the deputy in the story but the law is the law.

T

The Big Guy

I dont know if you guys ever saw this but its the shooter fighting a guard in jail. I spent alot of time on this same max custody wing in my early twenties. That's the 8th floor of the Broward main jail and shit goes down like a isis video up there

M

member 3289

I dont know if you guys ever saw this but its the shooter fighting a guard in jail. I spent alot of time on this same max custody wing in my early twenties. That's the 8th floor of the Broward main jail and shit goes down like a isis video up there
Cruz got his ass whooped

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's not about whether or not he deserved to be fired, it was about his right to due process. From another article:

The union learned Wednesday that arbitrator concluded that the Broward County Sheriff’s Office violated Miller’s due process rights when Sheriff Gregory Tony terminated him two days past a deadline that a state law allows for punishing law enforcement officers once an investigation is completed.

And it's about even more than that as our unelected sheriff decided to pick a fight with the deputies' union and is currently under investigation for failing to report that he murdered a man when he was 14 years old.

I don't like the fact that BSO had to rehire the deputy in the story but the law is the law.
Honestly, the guy should have been fired for failure to do his job. It's pretty cut and dry, imo. If you are in law enforcement and you're going to pussy foot when you are needed the most, you don't need to be in law enforcement.