General Terror attack at Mandalay Bay

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Gun people
If you were the rest an ar15 on say a sofa chair head rest area and shoot 100 round mags, would the barrel heat up enough to burn the fabric on the couch?
Would there be any smoke residue?
Or would the chair look normal, like before the shooting begins?

This is a very important question

Edit: b00ts @the_b00ts ?
I've carried AR style in the military, and while back when I was a boot, before all these high-speed gear came around, we used to make our own slings and stuff and I used a 550 cord to loop it around the barrel by where the front sight post is. I thought I was so clever but one of my seniors called me out, "hey numnuts, that shits going to melt when you start firing"

we had a live-fire drill next day and my makeshift sling melted after shooting about 6 mags through, (roughtly around 175rnds)

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015

very similar but they produce different pressures so some guns prefer only one of the rounds and some are able to use both

as for the wounds they cause I don't know...I only shot at wood...they are high speed rounds and can cause some serious damage but i will defer to b00ts @the_b00ts or somebody who has seen a wound firsthand
I didn’t get this notification, but yes... you can be released in a couple of days. I get to spout some of my military prowess here....... When we went into Somalia, the M16/M4 and M249 hadn’t seen extensive combat use. Though we did use them in Vietnam and several other small conflicts, there were other, more prevalent weapons and soldiers in Vietnam were shooting the first gen M16 in full auto, so not hitting a whole lot accurately. Somalia gave us up close hard data on the 5.56 rounds effectiveness when shot by elite soldiers(Delta and Rangers). What they found was that some could take several shots from the round and still be combat effective or have to take several before being neutralized. Special operations sat down with the frontline info and started testing prototype rounds that would be more effective at stopping he enemy. They came up with the .458 SOCOM. It would be effective and cost efficient, since it used some of the same components as the 5.56, like the lower receiver, magazine, handrail, etc. So to answer your question, yes you can be out of the hospital within a couple of days of being shot by one.

Here’s a pic of the .458 compared to the 5.56. It uses a necked down .50AE cartridge, the same use for the Desert Eagle ... I just ordered a new lower to build one of these. Complete overkill, but a blast to shoot.

Edit... This is the lower I bought. This will be my hog hunting rifle...

Last edited:

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I've carried AR style in the military, and while back when I was a boot, before all these high-speed gear came around, we used to make our own slings and stuff and I used a 550 cord to loop it around the barrel by where the front sight post is. I thought I was so clever but one of my seniors called me out, "hey numnuts, that shits going to melt when you start firing"

we had a live-fire drill next day and my makeshift sling melted after shooting about 6 mags through, (roughtly around 175rnds)
Haha. That's great.

I blasted through 2 mags on an AR and when I went to put the gun down I made the mistake of touching the barrel. That fucker was hot! Actually that might have been an AK. Doesn't matter - lesson learned.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015

Umm...even the first generation had slings and that was in the 60's

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I didn’t get this notification, but yes... you can be released in a couple of days. I get to spout some of my military prowess here....... When we went into Somalia, the M16/M4 and M249 hadn’t seen extensive combat use. Though we did use them in Vietnam and several other small conflicts, there were other, more prevalent weapons and soldiers in Vietnam were shooting the first gen M16 in full auto, so not hitting a whole lot accurately. Somalia gave us up close hard data on the 5.56 rounds effectiveness when shot by elite soldiers(Delta and Rangers). What they found was that some could take several shots from the round and still be combat effective or have to take several before being neutralized. Special operations sat down with the frontline info and started testing prototype rounds that would be more effective at stopping he enemy. They came up with the .458 SOCOM. It would be effective and cost efficient, since it used some of the same components as the 5.56, like the lower receiver, magazine, handrail, etc. So to answer your question, yes you can be out of the hospital within a couple of days of being shot by one.

Here’s a pic of the .458 compared to the 5.56. It uses a necked down .50AE cartridge, the same use for the Desert Eagle ... I just ordered a new lower to build one of these. Complete overkill, but a blast to shoot.

Damn that round is beefy...never seen one compared like that

Hog hunting....nice...good eating

They aren't overrunning oregon yet....I bet u guys got a ton though

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016

Holy shit what an answer
Seriously this is why i love this forum, I never would have known this

Thanks man

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Damn that round is beefy...never seen one compared like that

Hog hunting....nice...good eating

They aren't overrunning oregon yet....I bet u guys got a ton though
Yes, there’s an insane amount here and Texas. We have a hunt once a year were they release hundreds that they’ve captured in an inclosed 1000 acre area. First time we went was after winning a raffle for a spot. We made friends with the guy that runs it and get a free invite every year. I keep one pig and give the rest to Hunters for the Hungry. Fun weekend.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I should start a YouTube channel. Some of the shit I see in these videos is hilariously wrong... but I love you Gay For Longo @Gay for Longo and know you're curious and looking for answers ;)

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
I should start a YouTube channel. Some of the shit I see in these videos is hilariously wrong... but I love you Gay For Longo @Gay for Longo and know you're curious and looking for answers ;)
lol
posting what i find, trying not to get too hung up on any theories but some are just so juicy lol

anything you notice that is wrong please point it out
when it comes to guns i don't know shit, i was amazed the flash hider was so damn effective

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
lol
posting what i find, trying not to get too hung up on any theories but some are just so juicy lol

anything you notice that is wrong please point it out
when it comes to guns i don't know shit, i was amazed the flash hider was so damn effective
Yes... they are very effective. I pointed this out on like page 2 or something lol

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
For people who don't want to watch the video
The police are demanding $500,000 from news agencies to release the documents a judge has already ordered them to release

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
My sister was hanging out with her friend Tina that was shot. She couldn’t believe how well she was doing. She is missing an eye and has scars and patches of lack of hair on her head , but is in great spirits. She suffered no brain damage and should be able to live a normal life. Amazingly lucky considering doctors told her family that there was a 10% chance of her not dying or being a vegetable when she was brought in after the shooting.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
My sister was hanging out with her friend Tina that was shot. She couldn’t believe how well she was doing. She is missing an eye and has scars and patches of lack of hair on her head , but is in great spirits. She suffered no brain damage and should be able to live a normal life. Amazingly lucky considering doctors told her family that there was a 10% chance of her not dying or being a vegetable when she was brought in after the shooting.
Holy fuck, she was shot in the head?
b00ts @the_b00ts said something like people can walk away from those types of rounds but that is just amazingly crazy in a good way

Glad to hear she's doing well

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015