General They done murdered another innocent black man

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
While I agree the situations are completely different, you wanna bet how the "defund cops" crowd views it?

He had a taser. Non lethal.
He was running away.
Cops already had his ID and car.

Shoots should be to eliminate an immediate threat of life. It's a pretty big stretch to think this cop thought his life was in danger. I'm big on personal accountability and firmly entrenched in the play stupid games win stupid prizes group, but if a guy like me can look at this video and be like "I don't know, man" - the "FUCK THE COPS" crowd is going to be all over it.
But it seems as he ran away he pointed his arm at the police in the dark? That's the only moment I can think of they made the decision to shoot. If you run away why turn around and point?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
But it seems as he ran away he pointed his arm at the police in the dark? That's the only moment I can think of they made the decision to shoot. If you run away why turn around and point?
He 100% turned his arm and it looks like he actually got a shot off with the taser.
But the lethal shots came after that. As Dick Niaz @Dick Niaz said - you can argue this one any way you want.

IMO - The cop let his adrenaline get the best of him.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
He 100% turned his arm and it looks like he actually got a shot off with the taser.
But the lethal shots came after that. As Dick Niaz @Dick Niaz said - you can argue this one any way you want.

If he was running away without pointing back, would he have been shot?

Again, I totally agree with the notion that cops are poorly trained and become trigger happy. But I place myself in both situation. If I see that guy running away from me, and he points something at me as he goes. He resisted arrest? He was aggressive? Under influence? All these factors play a role in whether I defend myself or not.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
If he was running away without pointing back, would he have been shot?
I'm going to assume not.
The shooting was a response to the taser being pointed/shot at the cop.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

Yep. I'm not saying that Brooks shouldn't be held accountable and responsible for his actions but this is also a guy that couldn't keep his stories straight because he was so hammered that he passed out in the middle of a drive thru line. His ability to think clearly are nonexistent. You've had your hands on him so you could possibly assume that the only weapon he had on him is the taser that he took off of you. You've now been fighting with him and he's fleeing. He fires the taser at you while running away. He has 100% fucked up royally and his DUI is now the least of anyone's concerns.

Then the cop reacted equally as bad by escalating even more. He barely even pursued for 30ft before firing with lethal intent. You see fat guys on Cops or Live PD try to chase more than that even when they know they have no chance of catching the guy.

To me it's obvious that killing a drunk man was the least of either of their intentions. But when the deceased escalated things they had no clue how to react without shooting him. Sad situation and it couldn't have happened at much worse of a time.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
taser is non lethal

but it can incapacitate

incapacitating an armed law enforcement officer is no joke and should be treated as such

Fuck Wendy's

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
taser is non lethal

but it can incapacitate

incapacitating an armed law enforcement officer is no joke and should be treated as such

Fuck Wendy's
Yeah thats exactly what officer Tatum says ^. You could incapacitate the cop and take his gun. So he had to die. Fucking morons calling for police to be fired over this clown. This country is gona be anarchy without cops.
Plus this is giving black ppl a license to fight and try to kill cops.