Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 2 - 2/22/2020

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Nonetheless, to imply Ngannou would have a better boxing career is dumb. Wilder can box a bit and hits really hard, Ngannou can just hit hard, big difference. I also don't think Ngannou is capable of doing 12 rds with his physique the way it is, would need to be make significant changes to his strength and conditioning or he'd look like Wilder did tonight but against Wilder :p
So what exactly are these attributes you speak of that prove wilder can box a bit? What has Ngannou not done to say he just hits hard? That uppercut after slipping Reems bomb showed more head movement than Wilders ever displayed..Wilder would've fell twice trying that... wind milling off balance flurries is all he throws with an occasional nudge straight right hand.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
And btw well respected Boxing trainer Dewey Cooper has went on record saying Ngannou with a training camp and some tune up fights Def could compete with the HW champions of boxing.. ...but what does he know? He said He has all the tools to be an elite boxer
You know I got mad respect for you but I disagree with you on this topic.
If Ngannou can beat heavyweight world champs he must be the dumbest human on the planet continuing to fight for 100k over 50m

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
4 years ago talking to kneeblock @Kneeblock in NYC
MMAHAWK- “I think Rousey takes down Nunes and Subs her”

After fight and rightfully so
Kneeblock- “LOL Damn I I think I’ll avoid your future predictions “

MMAHAWK- “ Yeah I may have made the dumbest prediction of all time “

4 years later

Kneeblock- “Hey Hawk hold my beer”

Everyone keeps talking about Wilder's power, but imo he's a much better pure boxer. If he stays patient he should get this. Fury can lure people out of their game though so we should know what's up by round 6 at the latest. I'd love to see a flash KO in round 2 though just to drive fans into madness.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

4 years later

I was right about seeing what's up in round 6!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

4 years later

In the midst of Rousey's domination there was all the talk about fighting Mayweather. There was a brief period where I just agreed that she would beat him plenty of times. Now admittedly I put zero thought into this. MMA with the ground game versus a boxer. Okay done. That was about the depth of my thought.

Even a pretty basic 135 lb wrestler could wrestle Mayweather to the ground and beat him.

Then Leigh @Leigh actually posted about the specific judo techniques Rousey was using on several opponents and it just clicked that I had never even considered the actual match and what that would look like. She'd have to grab a guy that's bigger and stronger than her...and where? Oh yeah, somewhere near his head and arms that he's punching her in the face with. Rousey... Just get close enough and reach over the head and under the arms of a freakishly gifted boxer.
Not a double leg. How Tf was I ever thinking otherwise. In my dumb head "ground game = ground game".

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
In the midst of Rousey's domination there was all the talk about fighting Mayweather. There was a brief period where I just agreed that she would beat him plenty of times. Now admittedly I put zero thought into this. MMA with the ground game versus a boxer. Okay done. That was about the depth of my thought.

Even a pretty basic 135 lb wrestler could wrestle Mayweather to the ground and beat him.

Then Leigh @Leigh actually posted about the specific judo techniques Rousey was using on several opponents and it just clicked that I had never even considered the actual match and what that would look like. She'd have to grab a guy that's bigger and stronger than her...and where? Oh yeah, somewhere near his head and arms that he's punching her in the face with. Rousey... Just get close enough and reach over the head and under the arms of a freakishly gifted boxer.
Not a double leg. How Tf was I ever thinking otherwise. In my dumb head "ground game = ground game".
I want to post some gifs of her looking lost after taking a clean punch...but I won't.

Once the strikers landed on her she went from invincible bully to lost puppy.

Was an interesting time in MMA seeing and hearing all the things people said she "could" do...Some MMA fans can be pretty silly I guess.

Her run was impressive though, some cool finishes. Just a bit overhyped.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
If Ngannou can beat heavyweight world champs he must be the dumbest human on the planet continuing to fight for 100k over 50m
This cliche response is just childish circular reasoning. Francis has guaranteed money doing what he already knows, is on the cusp of a title shot and a move to boxing could derail that career.

Even if the UFC supported it, he wouldn't be earning any more than he is now for his first fight, might just get knocked out by a bum and then have partially wrecked his UFC career too. It's anything but a simple choice.

We have an Aussie Rules footballer down here that was rated a better basketball prospect than a NBA player called Patty Millls - as in Mills literally took the guy's spot at our elite sporting academy when he dropped out to play local football instead. Now Mills earns $13 million a year whereas Aussie Rules player earns about $800 thousand. Does it mean the Aussie Rules guy was an idiot? No, he just chose the safer option with better odds of succeeding.

Francis risks a lot with a move into boxing and frankly it's irrelevant because the UFC controls him anyway.

There's not some magic machine that lets a guy know he will reach level X or Y in a pro boxing career. Many a hype-job has been derailed and many an unheralded boxer has scrapped out a great career. You don't know. Not being a boxer is not evidence that you would definitely have been a bad boxer.

The whole idea of Francis vs Wilder is dumb. But some of the responses about it are even dumber.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
It might be in the cards for him down the road...Spong eventually went to boxing..Ngannou also wasn't raised in a boxing gym and didn't start training till not long ago..I'm sure we'll find out within a few years.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It might be in the cards for him down the road...Spong eventually went to boxing..Ngannou also wasn't raised in a boxing gym and didn't start training till not long ago..I'm sure we'll find out within a few years.
Spong kickboxed for decades so already knew some of the nuances of the sweet science.
Ngannou might be able to give it a go in the division at the B+ level simply because he's physically gifted with good enough combat experience.
But Cooper despite his padded boxing record is no boxing scout.
I think he just sees a lot of himself in Ngannou; that combined with decades of headshots and age can turn inner passing thoughts to audible opinions when the spotlight is on.

Regarding the two matching up, if they're both training concurrently, Francis has as much a shot down the road as Mcgregor did with Mayweather.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Spong kickboxed for decades so already knew some of the nuances of the sweet science.
Ngannou might be able to give it a go in the division at the B+ level simply because he's physically gifted with good enough combat experience.
But Cooper despite his padded boxing record is no boxing scout.
I think he just sees a lot of himself in Ngannou; that combined with decades of headshots and age can turn inner passing thoughts to audible opinions when the spotlight is on.

Regarding the two matching up, if they're both training concurrently, Francis has as much a shot down the road as Mcgregor did with Mayweather.
Wilder didn't start boxing until way later than most..Floyd is a million times better technically with some of the best defense and counter punching..Wilder can only fight going forward..we seen what happens when he gets bullied. his chin will be there for Ngannou to hit as well..Fk yea he can knock out Ngannou but for ppl to assume Wilders so good Francis doesn't stand q chance is comical.. you speak of these nuisances and sweet science that Spong has, you don't think Francis does then you're mistaken.. You don't slip Reems shots and land that uppercut if you don't! Speaking of Spong and those nuances didn't Reem beat the shit out of him with his boxing? Reem knows those same things you speak of and we seen what happened when him and Francis threw hands! Wilder isn't that technical enough to make Francis miss and both literally have a punchers chance and if ppl honestly think Wilder is so much better with his hands y'all are sadly mistaken..I was one of the few ppl that said Artem will give Paulie problems and the same exact things were being said about "sweet science" and too technical for a MMA guy and we seen what happened..If this was Francis vs Fury talk I'd never pick pick Francis due to how Good Fury is as a technician and fight IQ..Wilder knows 1 thing..Swing like hell and Fuck form.. every now and again he will use his jab to land the right hand.. and some times he leads with power hand which is a no no unless you're floyd according to "sweet science" rules..

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I go off if evidence and what I've seen from fighters over their entire career and the way they most recently performed.Its hilarious ppl call black Beast just a brawler with stupid power when im reality that's exactly what Wilder is..Ngannou learned a lot from that bs vs Lewis and has found his rhythm and confidence in his hands again.. The combinations Francis lands is so much cleaner and crisp than most of Wilders..Ppl are missing the point that Wilder doesn't pocess the proper defensive fundamentals it takes to beat a Fury or any big man that he can't Bully around and overwhelm with loaded up wild punches.. hes been bigger than everybody but Fury and if he was in there with Francis he might be taller but he won't be thr bigger stronger guy that can bum rush and swing reckless or he'll get his whole head knocked off..

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm just being a asshole because ppl jump to the G.O.A.T talk too fast and wilder hasn't even cleaned out his own era but wants to throw shade at Tyson who is an old man now..Ngannou would be 30-0 too if he was built up like they do most prospects..Tyson made a very good boxer/power puncher Frank Bruno look stupid..Bruno is Built similar to Wilder with better technical skills and almost as high a KO ratio with 38 wins by KO ofv the 40 he had... I'm not saying Bruno is Wilder i'm just saying ppl think that prime Mike would've had trouble with Wilders size and I don't see it.. his style actually bodes well vs Wilder because mike is slipping single punches and closing the distance while throwing bombs to the body and head.. Could Wilder catch mike? Fk yes? Could mike outbox and catch Wilder? Fk yes... Does mike wins 8 of 10? I think so
I seen Frank Bruno in a pantomime when I was a kid

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Of course he would lose to Wilder now, but it's really not far-fetched at all to think Francis could have been an elite boxer had he gone down that route. MMA fans are susceptible to an inferiority complex-driven mythologizing of boxers and just don't appreciate how shallow the talent pool is at the elite end of the HW division. Matt Skelton fought for a world title and didn't even debut in boxing until he was 35. And he was hardly a freak like Francis is.

Francis' punches would be ending cunts in boxing just like they do in MMA. We'll just never know if he had the other needed attributes.
Jesus thank god for you! Im just now seeing your posts and they're exactly what i'm saying with better wording and
And punctuation! You're a million %right and let me guess you're not even a fighter? But oh don't worry even if you were it wouldn't matter because you're not a HW Boxing world champion.. Idk why some ppl that have their opinions some how think that me being a MMA guy that I should know better than to think a Guy like Francis couldn't hang even if he trained strictly boxing.. But some how Wilder can start late become a world champ but a even better athlete in francis couldn't is funny to me..

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I seen Frank Bruno in a pantomime when I was a kid
He was no slouch and might've even beat Wilder honestly.
That is a memory you obliviously cherish and I find cool as hell.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Btw Francis has the same Reach as Wilder... that matters big time..David Haye might've beat Wilder too.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He was no slouch and might've even beat Wilder honestly.
That is a memory you obliviously cherish and I find cool as hell.
Yea it's a weird one. He had a shopping cart full of sweets and was in a dress.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
And let's just throw this out there can you imagine if Francis punched that turd Zellenof he'd be in prison..But Wilder looked like somebody swinging a purse flailing around falling down chasing a scrub.. ...but yall are right Francis stands no chance

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Jesus thank god for you! Im just now seeing your posts and they're exactly what i'm saying with better wording and
And punctuation! You're a million %right and let me guess you're not even a fighter? But oh don't worry even if you were it wouldn't matter because you're not a HW Boxing world champion.. Idk why some ppl that have their opinions some how think that me being a MMA guy that I should know better than to think a Guy like Francis couldn't hang even if he trained strictly boxing.. But some how Wilder can start late become a world champ but a even better athlete in francis couldn't is funny to me..
The only thing I've fought through is the line to get to the counter at KFC.

But I'm a bigger boxing fan than these fellow MMA fans that think they know what they are talking about.