Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 2 - 2/22/2020

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Easy big fella...
I'm good..I didn't say nothing to nobody directly until some guy got on here acting tough..I'll get pinked for my first time ever before I just let some wifi tuff guy try and big time me

I'm just being a asshole because ppl jump to the G.O.A.T talk too fast and wilder hasn't even cleaned out his own era but wants to throw shade at Tyson who is an old man now..Ngannou would be 30-0 too if he was built up like they do most prospects..Tyson made a very good boxer/power puncher Frank Bruno look stupid..Bruno is Built similar to Wilder with better technical skills and almost as high a KO ratio with 38 wins by KO ofv the 40 he had... I'm not saying Bruno is Wilder i'm just saying ppl think that prime Mike would've had trouble with Wilders size and I don't see it.. his style actually bodes well vs Wilder because mike is slipping single punches and closing the distance while throwing bombs to the body and head.. Could Wilder catch mike? Fk yes? Could mike outbox and catch Wilder? Fk yes... Does mike wins 8 of 10? I think so

tyson has always had trouble with skilled taller fighters. wilder getting beat by fury who has excellent boxing skills..way better than his, is the difference. not many people can outbox fury.. for you to say ngannou can beat wilder in boxing is ridiculous. if he could he would be boxing right now instead of mma. wilder beat a lot of good guys like ortiz. nganou would get exposed by the last few fighters wilder fought..easily. wilder is far from the most technical fighter, but he would destroy ngannou within 3 rounds. there is a difference between boxing mma fighters and boxing world class boxers. you as a fighter should know that

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Wilder beats ngannou in boxing in my opinion. And i'm so sure of it, from the fights I've seen of both, I'm actually kind of surprised that's a conversation.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
The problem with big boxing cards is that I get sucked into following boxing media before and after the fight. UFC coverage makes you feel like you've been drinking moonshine with rednecks in a trailer park, but boxing coverage makes you feel like you've been raped in a filthy subway underpass.

It's incredible how they manage to get everyone on the same page with fake and forced narratives. It's as efficient as it is dirty and corrupt. The whole sport has always just had this stench of sleaze that never goes away.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
New The problem with big boxing cards is that I get sucked into following boxing media before and after the fight.

Yes and it's awesome for emotional investment. You're raging all the way in and you're either right or not. In all sports media, tribalism is the name of the game. They do it well, sleaze or not.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I love how the "sweet science" preaches the intricacies that set apart from other striking sports.. then they have a 1 dimensional,sloppy, 1 handed can crusher all these boxing ppl even rogan over hype...Ppl saying he punches harder than anybody ever was ludicrous..hes off balance anytime he throws more than 1 punch and most time looks like he's doesn't even know how to throw a proper punch without throwing clubbing awkward purse swats that won't land on anybody with legit boxing skills and head movement... The old ass Larry Holmes Tyson fought would've outboxed and finished Wilder tonight.. he Was gassed after 2 rounds.. started believing his own hype.. The moment you start taking digs at legends of the past is the moment you overlooked the real immediate threat and that's your own Era..

Prime Iron mike would've got Wilder out of there in the 1st round.. mikes peak a boo style,speed and overall technical ability would have made Wilder look dumb.. He's constantly off balance and relys on his 1 punch and is a 1 trick pony.. he def hits hard but so does any HW.. I'm so glad that hype job is over.. The hype beasts like rogan and everybody else that acted like he was God better not even make excuses.. And if you really want to see wilder get beat up put Usyk in there with him and he'll get really embarrassed.. it's comical that the same ppl that are on wilder's nuts are the same ppl that would say Tyson didn't beat anybody.. Andrew golatta goofy ass would've beat Wilder..Tommy Morrison would've beat him..Ngannou would murder Wilder in a boxing match too.. Boxing is the most over rated combat sport ever.. this is the product of old rich crooked fks hand picking guys records into obsurd proportions to get 1 of these fake ass titles that are made to get ppls money for a paper champion..

There's a reason mma guys never have these ungodly records and it's cuz we don't have 90 yr old crooks all plotting together on how to pad a guys record to a title.. Before you speak on Mine tyson you better be able to beat the Tyson in front of you..Feed Wilder to Usyk please fight gods.
Don't hold back, bro... Tell me how you really feel.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Yes and it's awesome for emotional investment. You're raging all the way in and you're either right or not. In all sports media, tribalism is the name of the game. They do it well, sleaze or not.
Let's not suck boxing's balls too hard. Boxing promotions are good at building up to big fights, but the same dirty parlor tricks they pull to make people excited for blockbuster fights and try to set up the next one turn people off from watching year round. The UFC keeps eyes on the product at all times, even despite shit like the ESPN deal.

Boxing has the weight of history on its side. All of my dipshit mates come of of the woodwork for fights like this, not because they know or care about boxing, but because it turns into a cultural event. You can't give promoters too much credit for making a HW fight between two undefeated fighters a big deal. Instead we should be pointing out the sport's total mismanagement that led to people usually not giving a fuck about a HW title fight at all.

Uncle Enzo and Frank piss on any single boxing promoter that has ever existed. They took an unknown sport and turned it into by far the biggest fight promotion in the world (which the UFC is - no single boxing promotion comes close). I hate those cunts, but I recognize what they achieved. And I'm supposed to be impressed by some sketchy boxing promoter in comparison?

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
He would starch Ngannou in straight boxing, Wilder might not be a good boxer but he isn't a garbage level slugger.
Of course he would lose to Wilder now, but it's really not far-fetched at all to think Francis could have been an elite boxer had he gone down that route. MMA fans are susceptible to an inferiority complex-driven mythologizing of boxers and just don't appreciate how shallow the talent pool is at the elite end of the HW division. Matt Skelton fought for a world title and didn't even debut in boxing until he was 35. And he was hardly a freak like Francis is.

Francis' punches would be ending cunts in boxing just like they do in MMA. We'll just never know if he had the other needed attributes.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Of course he would lose to Wilder now, but it's really not far-fetched at all to think Francis could have been an elite boxer had he gone down that route. MMA fans are susceptible to an inferiority complex-driven mythologizing of boxers and just don't appreciate how shallow the talent pool is at the elite end of the HW division. Matt Skelton fought for a world title and didn't even debut in boxing until he was 35. And he was hardly a freak like Francis is.

Francis' punches would be ending cunts in boxing just like they do in MMA. We'll just never know if he had the other needed attributes.
Matt Skelton was never world level though, neither were any of the other Brits at that time, Danny Williams, Audley Harrison, Michael Sprott etc and I would've picked em all to beat Ngannou. I don't think you're fairly judging Ngannou's striking and are putting hard hitting MMA fighters on a pedestal because they can score KO's in MMA.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
A not insignificant portion of the internet feels the jump could be made now with some small training. What say you?
It's not really worth discussing until we actually see Ngannou box. Obviously debuting against a guy like Wilder would be suicide and Francis is too old for us to know how good/bad he could have become. Maybe he would be good. Maybe he would suck.

My only issue is the myth-making of the talent level of HW boxing. Francis is legitimately a genetic freak compared to most HW boxers and does punch harder than almost any of them. So it's silly to discount the idea that he could make a decent run at it.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Matt Skelton was never world level though, neither were any of the other Brits at that time, Danny Williams, Audley Harrison, Michael Sprott etc and I would've picked em all to beat Ngannou. I don't think you're fairly judging Ngannou's striking and are putting hard hitting MMA fighters on a pedestal because they can score KO's in MMA.
Never world level? Skelton fought for a world title, was European and British champion and was ranked in the top 20 in legitimate rankings. He went 12 rounds with an undefeated Chagaev in his world title fight when he was 41. I'm not saying Matt Skelton was a juggernaut in boxing that could beat the truly elite, but what I'm saying is that he was still at one point one of the best 25 or so boxers in the world. Because the talent pool was shallow.

Skelton was staying upright against 'White Tyson' at age 41 in boxing while getting KOd by punches in his prime by Le Banner or getting his orbital bone smashed by an uppercut from a karate guy in Francisco Filho in K1. There's not some mythical power and chin upgrade you get by turning pro as a boxer - elite MMA strikers still punch and get punched for a living. Boxing will put a higher premium on guys with elite punching power and chins, but it will not hold a monopoly on these attributes.

We can absolutely tell what Francis' power is like by watching what he does to MMA guys. And that power combined with his basic boxing skills could take him very far. 'Could' being the operative word, not 'would'.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Somewhere in the reporting people just don't care about medical details

Deontay Wilder DIDN'T have eardrum problem, just a cut inside ear — Boxing News

"In his ear" it's not specific to where the cut was. It would be exceedingly difficult to repair an ear canal laceration if you're not an ENT.

And yet because of the reporting followed by Twitter followed by blogspam you get the above claiming a cut inside the ear as well as...

The cut inside Wilder’s ear was repaired in the dressing room following his 7th round stoppage loss to lineal heavyweight champion Fury (30-0-1, 21 KOs) at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada
perhaps I'm wrong and they have really really really really exceptional ring doctors, but I doubt it. An ear canal laceration requiring seven stitches just wouldn't be repaired in the dressing room.

Most likely he had a laceration to pinna of the ear.
That's an external ear laceration. It would be strange to refer to that as a cut inside the ear.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
That's an external ear laceration. It would be strange to refer to that as a cut inside the ear.
In case anyone is curious what Splinter is talking about...

If he had a 2cm cut IN his ear it would not be treated in the back room. I reckon they could... But no. The odds of them having proper sutures and needle drivers to work in such a tight quarters would make that very very unlikely.

M

member 3289

Somewhere in the reporting people just don't care about medical details

Deontay Wilder DIDN'T have eardrum problem, just a cut inside ear — Boxing News

"In his ear" it's not specific to where the cut was. It would be exceedingly difficult to repair an ear canal laceration if you're not an ENT.

And yet because of the reporting followed by Twitter followed by blogspam you get the above claiming a cut inside the ear as well as...

perhaps I'm wrong and they have really really really really exceptional ring doctors, but I doubt it. An ear canal laceration requiring seven stitches just wouldn't be repaired in the dressing room.

Was just about to post this

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
tyson has always had trouble with skilled taller fighters. wilder getting beat by fury who has excellent boxing skills..way better than his, is the difference. not many people can outbox fury.. for you to say ngannou can beat wilder in boxing is ridiculous. if he could he would be boxing right now instead of mma. wilder beat a lot of good guys like ortiz. nganou would get exposed by the last few fighters wilder fought..easily. wilder is far from the most technical fighter, but he would destroy ngannou within 3 rounds. there is a difference between boxing mma fighters and boxing world class boxers. you as a fighter should know that
I know boxing has the most padded "world class " records in combat sports...I know a MMA guy went over to boxing and fared pretty good vs one of the all time greats..I KNOW as a fighter that that's a stigma that boxing is SUPPOSED to be so much more superb in just the boxing aspect but that's not always true and depends on the fighter and style match up..paulie malanaggi sure dominated Artem didn't he..oh wait Paulie aka multiple time world champ got beat by a .500 mma fighter in bare knuckle boxing. but Boxing with gloves adds a whole different dynamic especially in the Defensive aspect... And saying Ngannou would've boxed if that was the case is such a ignorant statement..He ws homeless and wanted to box until he learned about MMA..

Overeem ws suppose to get crashed when he went to K1 because of the similar misconception that MMA guys can never compete with elite strikers. And look what happened.. The thing is, is boxing was the only game im town for so long that narratives were already in place once mma came along..As MMA evolves so will the striking aspect..So answer me this.. What happens when Ngannou lands on Wilders chin that is there all day? How come Wilder can start late in the boxing game and do what he's done but a elite MMA puncher can't? I get it, you're probably 1 of Wilders hype beasts that anointed him the Best ever when in reality he's Constantly throwing clubbing punches that are sloppy? He's off balance most of the time and throws hardly any combinations? He had such nasty power that he's used it as a equalizer to hide his technical deficiencies... you can argue all you want using the preconceived notion that all boxers are that much better than MMA guys in boxing aspect but as time will show Boxing isn't the sport where the baddest man on the planet resides anymore! Ngannou boxing looks crisper than sloppy as Wilder period..I guarantee if you put Ngannou in there with all the guys they used to build Wilder he would do the same thing..

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
And btw well respected Boxing trainer Dewey Cooper has went on record saying Ngannou with a training camp and some tune up fights Def could compete with the HW champions of boxing.. ...but what does he know? He said He has all the tools to be an elite boxer