What kind of gun or guns do you have?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I was thinking more along the lines of a Norinco AK or paratrooper SKS, apparently they are one of the only quality items ever built in China. Do they make Tokarev clones? I want one of those too. I’ve been looking at the Husqvarna 8mm Mausers too. For about 400 bucks you can get one in excellent condition.
No idea. We can get Russian Tokarev's for a couple hundred bucks so there isn't much appeal to a clone.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
No idea. We can get Russian Tokarev's for a couple hundred bucks so there isn't much appeal to a clone.
True, I’ve seen the Yugo Tokarevs for 3-400 bucks. I wish I had bought one when my uncle ordered his for 160 bucks about 10 years ago.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
True, I’ve seen the Yugo Tokarevs for 3-400 bucks. I wish I had bought one when my uncle ordered his for 160 bucks about 10 years ago.
Part of the deal is that America no longer takes import of guns with more than "X" amount of foreign made parts in them. So we end up seeing all the foreign made surplus cheap, where in America it becomes really desirable. SKS' were dirt cheap here forever, but I think the supply of them is finally drying up.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
To be quite honest I’ve been hard as a towel rack since I got this ZPAP M70. I hope my WASR doesn’t feel like she’s being replaced because she’s still one of my favorites. I just wanted to diversify, and to be quite honest I’m turning into an AK guy. I have a lot to learn about all the variants and such but I love this platform. Next up is an AK74, not sure about make and model but I’ll learn.
you sound like a guy who needs a Saiga12.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Part of the deal is that America no longer takes import of guns with more than "X" amount of foreign made parts in them. So we end up seeing all the foreign made surplus cheap, where in America it becomes really desirable. SKS' were dirt cheap here forever, but I think the supply of them is finally drying up.
my first SKS was $90.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
is that the JMB-looking 7.62X25 one?

I almost bought those back in the day, decided the CZ52 was a better option.

Last edited:

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Yep, my dad bought one for 100 bucks and 1000 rounds of ammo years back and I saw some for 6-700 bucks today at the gun show. Sportsmans warehouse has them on sale for 400 bucks. The surplus market has pretty much dried up, except for 6.5 carcanos, you can find them for 150 bucks.
I tried to order that Tokarev but I don’t think they ship to the US ?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Yep, my dad bought one for 100 bucks and 1000 rounds of ammo years back and I saw some for 6-700 bucks today at the gun show. Sportsmans warehouse has them on sale for 400 bucks. The surplus market has pretty much dried up, except for 6.5 carcanos, you can find them for 150 bucks.
I tried to order that Tokarev but I don’t think they ship to the US ?
Yeah, it's mucho illegal to ship a gun into or out of America.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
you sound like a guy who needs a Saiga12.
Not a fan of magazine fed semi auto shotguns. They don’t seem to be incredibly reliable.

is that the JMB-looking 7.62X25 one?

I almost bought those back in the day, decided the CZ57 was a better option.
Both are good options, I want them both. That old surplus stuff is so cool, in my opinion.
I’d like to find a Makarov too. My buddy has the polish74 or something like that, I’m sure he’d come off it for 200 bucks

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I was into milsurps for awhile, mostly to sporterize. I think I've posted pics of them here....trueing and epoxy bedding Mausers with Timney triggers, nothing special. WECSOG.

but I had a ~$100/barreled action limit. Not a big deal when I started, you could buy Turkish Mauser by the dozen at gun shows for $50-$100 ea, BRNO for $150, aftermarket Charles Daley for $200.

when those started drying up, the K31s hit and I was in milsurp heaven. Fuck what a time to be alive. $120 for a walnut stock 30cal rifle that would put 3 rounds on a 10" target at 500 yds. Marvel of engineering.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Not a fan of magazine fed semi auto shotguns. They don’t seem to be incredibly reliable.

Both are good options, I want them both. That old surplus stuff is so cool, in my opinion.
I’d like to find a Makarov too. My buddy has the polish74 or something like that, I’m sure he’d come off it for 200 bucks
those little Makarovs are slick.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
those little Makarovs are slick.
I went to a Subaru repair shot run by some serious Russian immigrants. Great people and very efficient. My brother in law said “Shit, I bet they could get you a real good deal on a Makarov.” I wish I would’ve asked.
Not for nothing the Blond working the desk was a knockout. She told me, “never mind the taxes if you’re paying cash, I’ll give you better deal.”

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
I was into milsurps for awhile, mostly to sporterize. I think I've posted pics of them here....trueing and epoxy bedding Mausers with Timney triggers, nothing special. WECSOG.

but I had a ~$100/barreled action limit. Not a big deal when I started, you could buy Turkish Mauser by the dozen at gun shows for $50-$100 ea, BRNO for $150, aftermarket Charles Daley for $200.

when those started drying up, the K31s hit and I was in milsurp heaven. Fuck what a time to be alive. $120 for a walnut stock 30cal rifle that would put 3 rounds on a 10" target at 500 yds. Marvel of engineering.
I paid almost 500 bucks for mine with a beat up Beech stock. I’m not mad though, it’s a tack driver and fun as hell to shoot. I was gonna take it Elk hunting this year but Covid fucked that up.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Knowing the CA DOJ bureau of firearms I would not post guns here even if legal they change their laws all the time and sometimes we might forget an aftermarket part that may not be "compliant".

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Knowing the CA DOJ bureau of firearms I would not post guns here even if legal they change their laws all the time and sometimes we might forget an aftermarket part that may not be "compliant".
That’s probably a good policy, CA is crazy.
I try and not show the serial number if I post pics but I always think it’s an I’ll advised move whenever I do. Especially with semi auto rifles.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Yeah, it's mucho illegal to ship a gun into or out of America.
nope. if it's a C&R, which most Milsurps are, you just need to have an FFL fill out a Form 6. Not sure if any FFL, or if they have to have an importer approval.

obviously can't violate 914r or NFA, but I know some people that bought WW2 Mausers from Germany and a guy who imported a Sten.

fun fact, shot himself with the Sten.