What manly sh!t have you done today?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Painting the garage. Drinking all the shit beer that was left at our house after the July 4th Festivities.

20210717_180724.jpg

This beer is particularly bad, but all that's left after this one is fucking seltzers.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Painting the garage. Drinking all the shit beer that was left at our house after the July 4th Festivities.

View attachment 41487

This beer is particularly bad, but all that's left after this one is fucking seltzers.
Jesus Christ, man. You’re brave for even cracking that thing open, let alone actually drinking it.

don’t you have some whiskey, or something? ?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I do. But gotta make room in the garage fridge.
Well, nobody will ever accuse you of being wasteful!

I need a new garage fridge (standard top freezer, no ice maker). The basic fridges you can buy these days are garbage. I wish I could find a 1980s cream yellow fridge that will never die.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Okay dipshit I'll beat that.

IMG_20210717_141759.jpgIMG_20210717_140034.jpgIMG_20210717_140027.jpg

Lord kitcheners sword.

Lord Wellingtons sword, that he had at Waterloo. Along with his telescope.

And Napoleon's sword, that he had at Waterloo.

I looked at these for like ten minutes because I couldn't walk as I had a massive boner.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I forgot, that first picture of the weirdo splinty looking helmet was a gift to Henry the 8th from some cunt in france. It's said to have inspired him to create his own famous Armoury or something.

But anyway that weirdo helmet was Henry the 8th.

And that reminds me, I came up with a rhyme to help me remember what happened with him and his wives.

They all died.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Well, nobody will ever accuse you of being wasteful!

I need a new garage fridge (standard top freezer, no ice maker). The basic fridges you can buy these days are garbage. I wish I could find a 1980s cream yellow fridge that will never die.
Nice. He had one for years and it was the garage fridge when my folks sold the place. More of a butterscotch yellow though.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Some of you will question the manliness, but I have started to make a 3D Settlers of Catan board. I like the game and my friends do too. I've seen cool 3D boards online and they cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars, so it's a good project to make my own. These are just test tiles, I have miniature wheat on order and the plastic sheep will have real home harvested sheep's wool glued to them. I want to put some ground covering on all the tiles, but that's all more shit to buy. Finished tiles will have a few more bricks and trees on them.

20210721_112810.jpg

20210726_181156.jpg

??

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Some of you will question the manliness, but I have started to make a 3D Settlers of Catan board. I like the game and my friends do too. I've seen cool 3D boards online and they cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars, so it's a good project to make my own. These are just test tiles, I have miniature wheat on order and the plastic sheep will have real home
harvested sheep's wool glued to them. I want to put some ground covering on all the tiles, but that's all more shit to buy. Finished tiles will have a few more bricks and trees on them.

View attachment 42242

View attachment 42243

??

Those are pretty cool. What exactly do you do with them?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021

Those are pretty cool. What exactly do you do with them?
Missus and I have some friends we like to play board games with. Catan is a good one. The tiles are rearranged game, so the board is different every time. You build roads to get to and generate wheat, brick, lumber, rock or sheep. Use these resources to buy more roads and more settlements to generate more resources.

You can buy an official 3D set and it looks nice, but it's all plastic and it costs $500. So I'm having a go at making my own. ?

??

Last edited:

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Test tiles completed, except for wheat which hasn't arrived from online yet. Actually looks more "realistic" than I thought it would, so the giant sheep are unacceptable. Going to order some tiny ones instead. Rock looks good, trees and brick have too much contrast. Sheep tiles will be made less bright green.

20210729_153004.jpg

Bricks and trees both painted, IMO they both look better. I would like to make the tree undergrowth a little more varied, though. And I'll lighten the tree leaves a bit on the actual final version tree tiles. And pay more attention to /be more patient with the glueing, so both tiles glue flush and square. :smile:

This miniatures shit is a vortex, you start out simple and the next thing you know you're sucked in, and you're dropping ridiculous money on all sorts of shit to make it look better. And most of the stuff I've bought, I have heaps left over. So now I have jars of fake grass and tiny little rocks, and I'm looking around thinking what else I can build with this shit, what else do I need to make this or that. :smile:
20210729_172301.jpg

??

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Test tiles completed, except for wheat which hasn't arrived from online yet. Not happy with the giant sheep, going to order some tiny ones instead. Rock looks good, trees and brick have too much contrast.

View attachment 42432

Bricks and trees both painted, IMO they both look better. I would like to make the tree undergrowth a little more varied, though. This miniatures shit is a vortex, you start out simple and the next thing you know you're dropping ridiculous money on all sorts of shit to make it look better. I have jars of fake grass and tiny little rocks now. :smile:
View attachment 42433

??
very zen

do you listen to music or do anything else when you create these tiles

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Luckily I’m in commercial. I’m always on roofs or in parking garages.
i did a bunch of "internet of things" projects for commercial HVAC and tower chillers...

there's a huge market in commercial HVAC sensors and "smart" systems, because they save sooooo much money.
but the lionshare of cost reduction doesn't come from improving the efficiency or improved information sharing in the controllers...

It eliminates Preventive Maintenance in favor of As-Required Maintenance, thereby reducing opportunities for the bumbling idiots to fall off of ladders and roofs :)

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Some of you will question the manliness, but I have started to make a 3D Settlers of Catan board. I like the game and my friends do too. I've seen cool 3D boards online and they cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars, so it's a good project to make my own. These are just test tiles, I have miniature wheat on order and the plastic sheep will have real home harvested sheep's wool glued to them. I want to put some ground covering on all the tiles, but that's all more shit to buy. Finished tiles will have a few more bricks and trees on them.

View attachment 42242

View attachment 42243

??
that's awesome!
check out some how-to diorama stuff for mini-ideas, but that's looking killer.

make sure you drink some cheap beer and curse at your fancy card-game parties to keep it Manly.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
how cognitively engaged are you in these podcasts, or is it just background while you do stuff?
I listen and process everything, my mind is pretty quick and my memory is strong.

Half educational content and half make me chuckle content.

I am subscribed to 52 podcasts haha (just checked to confirm), majority of those provide weekly content

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Test tiles completed, except for wheat which hasn't arrived from online yet. Actually looks more "realistic" than I thought it would, so the giant sheep are unacceptable. Going to order some tiny ones instead. Rock looks good, trees and brick have too much contrast. Sheep tiles will be made less bright green.

View attachment 42432

Bricks and trees both painted, IMO they both look better. I would like to make the tree undergrowth a little more varied, though. And I'll lighten the tree leaves a bit on the actual final version tree tiles. And pay more attention to /be more patient with the glueing, so both tiles glue flush and square. :smile:

This miniatures shit is a vortex, you start out simple and the next thing you know you're sucked in, and you're dropping ridiculous money on all sorts of shit to make it look better. And most of the stuff I've bought, I have heaps left over. So now I have jars of fake grass and tiny little rocks, and I'm looking around thinking what else I can build with this shit, what else do I need to make this or that. :smile:
View attachment 42433

??
Nice work! You reckon you could church them up with GI Joe’s or some Hot Wheels?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Nice work! You reckon you could church them up with GI Joe’s or some Hot Wheels?
No.

I do have a model T rex though, and the first Jurassic Park is my favourite movie of all time, so I am tempted to make a diorama of that.

Last picture till it's actually complete. Now waiting on a bunch of stuff to arrive from China. Model wheat, tiny plastic sheep and more hexagons, mostly. Turns out that patiently modelling miniature landscapes is suuuuuper zen. Very relaxing, and I find myself leaving the garage and going back to the house in a good mood every time.

20210801_134456.jpg

I've taken 18 of the little bricks and painted them grey, they're drying now. I have another of the grey (rock) tiles painted but with nothing on it yet, and I'm going to take the painted grey bricks and glue a little Stonehenge onto it.

??