General Alec Baldwin fired the gun that killed one and injured another in an accident set of his film "Rust."

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Should be easy to beat then!
The position I stated at the outset of the interaction is the stated position of the gun control lobby who wants these types of films banned. All you've given us since then is different arguments about different subjects, which also were pointed out to you to be incorrect or inaccurate analogies. Your rebuttal to that was "Nuh uh!"

It occurs to me it is beat, you're just dragging you're feet about admitting it.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Only person you need to talk to about Canadian guns is @Sex Chicken. Heard his nickname is Battleship because his guns are so big.
he was known as "the destroyer" in high school. but then he hit the gym, and was known around town as "battleship"

but word around town is that hes been juicing and will come out in his next fight as "battlestar gallactica"

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
The position I stated at the outset of the interaction is the stated position of the gun control lobby who wants these types of films banned. All you've given us since then is different arguments about different subjects, which also were pointed out to you to be incorrect or inaccurate analogies. Your rebuttal to that was "Nuh uh!"

It occurs to me it is beat, you're just dragging you're feet about admitting it.
Nuh uh x 10

Your starting position was "If he was really anti-gun he wouldn't make his money using them..."
We never argued about a lobby that wants anything.

My argument is nothing else than let actors play whatever roles they want regardless of their personal opinions. Pretty simple really and not beat at all.

Maybe it helps that I don't know shit about the guy and what he does in his free time. Luckily that does not matter at all in my argument.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Nuh uh x 10

Your starting position was "If he was really anti-gun he wouldn't make his money using them..."

My argument is nothing else than let actors play whatever roles they want regardless of their personal opinions. Pretty simple really and not beat at all.

Maybe it helps that I don't know shit about the guy and what he does in his free time. Luckily that does not matter at all in my argument.
being anti-gun in terms of being against gunshow loophole, being for universal background checks, etc... doesnt negate someone from being a fan of westerns

its a silly argument

i hate guns. but momma dukes got me into gene pitney back in the day

View: https://youtu.be/vDN4L7cAQf0

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
the one i posted is from Marine Corps marksmanship manual
just because there are 4 of them and they relate to firearms doesn't make them The 4 Rules. They dropped "know your target and what's beyond it" because they're Marines in combat and they DGAF. You will.

Setting aside that those are rules for Marines in combat with a tiny handful of weapons with uniform controls, it doesn't surprise me that the Corps would take something perfect and fuck it up because they're all high-functioning morons.

Jeff Cooper created the 4 Rules of Firearm Safety, and they're perfect. They cover every firearm, not just the ones that the USMC uses. In fact, the USMC is doing a disservice to the public by sending former Marines back in to the world thinking that the "safety" on a weapon is part of Firearm Safety.

NEVER EVER EVER rely on a "safety" or other mechanical device to prevent negligent firearm discharges.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Nuh uh x 10

And you haven't disproven that initial statement. His actions dont align with the anti-gun agenda. Therefore he's not anti-gun.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
And you haven't disproven that initial statement. His actions dont align with the anti-gun agenda. Therefore he's not anti-gun.
It's just a nonsensical statement bruv.

He can play whatever he want without it having to align with anything he believes in personally.
Stop role-cancelling actors.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The shooting took place after six members of the film's crew walked off the set after complaining to the production company about payment and housing, camera operator Reid Russell told Det. Joel Cano....

(assistant director) Halls had taken one of three prop guns set up by Gutierrez Reed on a cart left outside the structure because of COVID-19 restrictions, the affidavit said.
Set up. The disgruntled camera crew knew the scene plan for the day, and knew who was going to be rehearsing what scene with what weapon.

also, the NIH has been sitting on their letter admitting Fauci funded gain-of-function research until a story like this broke.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
He can play whatever he want without it having to align with anything he believes in personally.
that's true, but I don't think you can advocate for a cause while profiting from the suffering you create with it and still be an ethical human.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
It's just a nonsensical statement bruv.

No, he actually can't. Much the same you can't be an environmentalist and then dump toxic waste into the ocean for a living.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
good on you for checking

View attachment 50559

you literally have to break all 4 rules to have an accidental discharge

if I was in charge of gun sale, I'd make it so that no one can buy a gun unless you can recite the safety rules verbatim
on a movie set, you have to point the weapon at the target. its part of the film

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
No, he actually can't. Much the same you can't be an environmentalist and then dump toxic waste into the ocean for a living.
that's true, but I don't think you can advocate for a cause while profiting from the suffering you create with it and still be an ethical human.
Ouch. Bad analogies and weird conclusions.
I feel ya two lost sense of reality for a bit.

I eagerly await the thread where you two trash the personal conviction of the next devout Christian actor that plays an atheist on screen.
HE AIN'T A REAL BELIEVER EVERYONE!

In a climate of people complaining about constant Hollywood wokeness & propaganda, this stance of not enough propaganda in his body of work is an interesting take to say the least.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
the next devout Christian actor that plays an atheist on screen.
Is that a common occurrence?

You also need to keep in mind that for your analogy to hold up the Christian in question would have to be publicly condemning atheists and their deplorable behavior.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Ouch. Bad analogies and weird conclusions.
I feel ya two lost sense of reality for a bit.

I eagerly await the thread where you two trash the personal conviction of the next devout Christian actor that plays an atheist on screen.

In a climate of people complaining about constant Hollywood wokeness & propaganda, this stance of not enough propaganda in his body of work is an interesting take to say the least.
the Christian actor isn't profiting from the causing the 'harm' of atheism, nor is the Christian actor giving money and publicity to banning atheism.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
just so we're all on the same page Alec Baldwin was a founding member of the "anti-NRA" No-RA.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Why wouldn't it be?

Huh? Why isn't he making money on that role?
And he ain't giving money to the church that literally tries to make atheism go away?
he's making money on the role, he's not profiting on the harm that "atheism" causes.

Alec Baldwin is out front saying that guns and the glorification of gun violence CAUSES gun violence and death.

EDIT
Also, big difference between giving money to a church to convince people to join you and giving money to the government to force people to join you.

Alec is doing the latter.

M

member 3289

he's making money on the role, he's not profiting on the harm that "atheism" causes.

Alec Baldwin is out front saying that guns and the glorification of gun violence CAUSES gun violence and death.

EDIT
Also, big difference between giving money to a church to convince people to join you and giving money to the government to force people to join you.

Alec is doing the latter.
Derp