Society Car plows into antifa during white nationalist protest of statue being removed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I am not advocating for attacking the protestors, just saying that both sides are not equal here. One side is misguided in their use of violence, and the other are reprehensible scum. Yet, people are acting like they are just as bad as each other, which isn't the case. Tolerating intolerance is not tolerance.
So many generalities I have zero idea who is what in your statement. Unpack that some.

M

member 3289

The nazis of the past are not the same as present day right wingers either
I didn't say they were. I didn't even allude to it, unlike the way you alluded to present-day Democrats being responsible for the KKK.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I am not advocating for attacking the protestors, just saying that both sides are not equal here. One side is misguided in their use of violence, and the other are reprehensible scum. Yet, people are acting like they are just as bad as each other, which isn't the case. Tolerating intolerance is not tolerance.
Both sides look at themselves as being righteous and use that to justify their violence while condemning the other guys

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
absolutely, (none of this is directed at you btw) but we arent talking about what the police or courts should do here. we are discussing it on a forum, like many other people discussing it around the country. so when someone makes sort of moral equivalency between the two things, or just blatantly comes out and says "fuck them they suck anyway" (the people run over, the counter-protesters in general) then it makes sense people would call them out.

anyone talking about this event and saying "well you know both sides are at fault" is being disingenuous imo or their morals are seriously lacking.

The antifa attack nazis are wrong for their violence.
The nazis attacking antifa are wrong for their violence.

What else are you guys selling here?

One side is misguided in their use of violence, and the other are reprehensible scum.
Who's who?

I find antifa scum. I find the Nazis scum.

I see neither as the "misguided" attempt to soften somewhere in there that has been added. I have no idea who's who because it's general.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
So many generalities I have zero idea who is what in your statement. Unpack that some.
I can plainly see he's talking about the two rival groups of protesters.

But I'll be darned if I can tell which side is which, not so much as a hint to glean from.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
It comes down to values.

One group is inherently evil in their hatred for non whites.

The other groups values are not disgraceful, their misguided actions are.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Both sides look at themselves as being righteous and use that to justify their violence while condemning the other guys
Ok, so we need to define righteousness and what each side sees as righteousness. What do the alt-right see as righteousness? White supremecy, ethno-nationalism, that takes away rights from sections of society creating a two tiered citizenship. And the antifa? Equality for all people in the eyes of the state and law, putting no specific subsection of people above another because of their race, birth, gender, or sexuality. It doesn't seem hard to make a judgement here.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think some folks here are close enough to the orbit of one group that they're perspective is clouded by personal bias.

I just get that sense.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I can plainly see he's talking about the two rival groups of protesters.

But I'll be darned if I can tell which side is which, not so much as a hint to glean from.
He is trying to say the communists in bellaclavas that are sucker punching people and flinging bags of poo are the good guys

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Who's who?

I find antifa scum. I find the Nazis scum.

I see neither as the "misguided" attempt to soften somewhere in there that has been added. I have no idea who's who because it's general.
That antifa aren't scum, just misguided in their uses of violence to achieve noble aims.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Ok, so we need to define righteousness and what each side sees as righteousness. What do the alt-right see as righteousness? White supremecy, ethno-nationalism, that takes away rights from sections of society created a two tiered citizenship. And the antfi? Equality for all people in the eyes of the state and law, putting no specific subsection of people above another because of their race, birth, gender, or sexuality. It doesn't seem hard to make a judgement here.
Equality for all people except for people who disagree with antifa and then they are inhuman scum who deserve to be assaulted?

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It comes down to values.

One group is inherently evil in their hatred for non whites.

The other groups values are not disgraceful, their misguided actions are.
I might say one group is possibly "downright evil" for their hatred of non whites.

Or that the other group is equally "downright evil" for their hatred of whites.

You know, depending on my perspective.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That antifa aren't scum, just misguided in their uses of violence to achieve noble aims.
And Richard Spencer just wants to preserve white culture. Noble. Righteous. Preserving the left behind Appalachian whites that have worse socioeconomic numbers than blacks...:rolleyes:or that's just bullshit marketing.

USA antifa is a neo-anarchist group that reading their social media and websites, sell a suppression of opposition through violence as well a social and political agenda via the goal suppression of legal speech and anarchism...and all the usual halo causes that come with that genre.

Antifas 'antifasicm' is pure marketing that has a goal well beyond ending fascism...a "noble, righteous, cause" to rally around.

Antifa can't claim defenders of the down trodden when they support the suppression of legal thought. What's more fascist than that brand of antifacism? Deep circle of irony.