Lifestyle Chinese Flu Virus Quarantine Cooking Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Speaking of tacos, I will be preparing them for the main event of the evening.

I don't have no pink onions tho

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
First you take some chateaubriand steaks.

Put some salt on them

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fuck it I chucked some soy sauce on top too.

Usually if leave these fuckers in a tub overnight with lemon and lime juice. But ain't nobody got time for that. I'd prefer thinner steak as it cooks quicker and is easy for tacos. But let's see what the fuck happens. I'll be back in an hour. I need to clean the wok

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just killed my first starter that seemed to get lazy, was a sad morning. Also fed my jarred starter which is a god damned champion.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Just squeezed a lemon and a lime into the wok. Heating it up. .

Update.

Got this far.

Tapped out it was hanging. Still have piece of steak left, and all the tacos etc. Will regroup and attack tomorrow

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fuck me that was hanging. Taste like a dead hookers blown out arsehole.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Got chicken thighs out of the freezer, I have plenty of veg. Going to concoct something with chorizo. And maybe a rice pilaf.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Judobill @Bill Exotic
I keep making these elaborate posts with like 5 images and a recipe
but they keep coming up lacking images so I just edit them to nothing

haha sorry man

maybe tommorrow

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Roti Canai
Malaysian Flat Bread

Mix pastry flour, water, condensed milk, and melted butter, and salt together.

You can look online for recipe mixtures but the most important thing is in the United States we call it pastry flour and in Malaysia they call it wheat flour. This is not the same thing as wheat flour in the United States.
most of us also don't have pastry flour if we don't bake often. So for every cup of flour that you use take off two tablespoons of flour and replace with two tablespoons of cornstarch. That's a good pastry flour substitute.
Same with condensed milk. You can just make your oven. I use evaporated milk some vanilla and some sugar.

Knead for 10 minutes. Let it rest for about 5 or 10 and then knead for 10 more.

Make balls and coat them with a small amount of melted butter

Let those shits rest for an hour I don't want to put them in the fridge overnight to cook the next morning for breakfast...

Flatten each ball until it's almost thin enough to see through. could each side a little butter as you work it. So have that bowl of melted butter and just put it on your fingers and hand and keep working that bread out so it's got the butter all over it.

Push the edges inward son it kind of wrinkles...

Twist into a spiral...

Mash it flat...

Heat a skillet with some butter

Pan fry it

Serve with curry or anything else you want to dip it in.

Also, I didn't do this on purpose but while posting this recipe my wife showed me this in the news. I wasn't trying to imply anything by making this lol
Don't Nag Your Husband During Lockdown, Malaysia's Government Advises Women

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Roti Canai
Malaysian Flat Bread

Mix pastry flour, water, condensed milk, and melted butter, and salt together.

You can look online for recipe mixtures but the most important thing is in the United States we call it pastry flour and in Malaysia they call it wheat flour. This is not the same thing as wheat flour in the United States.
most of us also don't have pastry flour if we don't bake often. So for every cup of flour that you use take off two tablespoons of flour and replace with two tablespoons of cornstarch. That's a good pastry flour substitute.
Same with condensed milk. You can just make your oven. I use evaporated milk some vanilla and some sugar.

Knead for 10 minutes. Let it rest for about 5 or 10 and then knead for 10 more.

Make balls and coat them with a small amount of melted butter

Let those shits rest for an hour I don't want to put them in the fridge overnight to cook the next morning for breakfast...

Flatten each ball until it's almost thin enough to see through. could each side a little butter as you work it. So have that bowl of melted butter and just put it on your fingers and hand and keep working that bread out so it's got the butter all over it.

Push the edges inward son it kind of wrinkles...

Twist into a spiral...

Mash it flat...

Heat a skillet with some butter

Pan fry it

Serve with curry or anything else you want to dip it in.

Also, I didn't do this on purpose but while posting this recipe my wife showed me this in the news. I wasn't trying to imply anything by making this lol
Don't Nag Your Husband During Lockdown, Malaysia's Government Advises Women
What the fuck is pastry flour. And why the fuck is there so many different kinds of flour. Who knew?!

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
What the fuck is pastry flour. And why the fuck is there so many different kinds of flour. Who knew?!
I have chestnut flour for a gnocchi dish I love. If I can ever get my hands on proper pancetta and raddichio again I'm sending you some. Sneeze and cough free.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Slow cooker short ribs

Start with your locally raise Texas beef...

Cut your short ribs into pieces and heat a skillet with some butter. Salt and pepper the beef and brown each side using a set of tongs.

Starting to brown...

Get all your ingredients together.
Beef broth, red wine (this stuff is terrible but it's good to use on cooking), Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onions, fresh rosemary.

Put it all in the slow cooker and set your short ribs in there.

Let it go for 4 to 6 hours on low until the meat is tender.