General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Jesus the articles about '[insert industry] is reeling from coronavirus disaster' or '[insert industry] is profiting off the coronavirus' are tiresome as fuck.

Oh really? The fucking airlines are struggling when global travel has been halted? Hand sanitizer companies are doing really well?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Absolutely devastated. A very sad day today. After 7 years of medical training and hard work, a very good friend of mine has been struck off after one minor indiscretion and why during this terrible time? He slept with one of his patients (they were good friends) and can now no longer work in the profession he loves. What a waste of time, effort, training and money. A genuinely nice guy and a brilliant vet.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Absolutely devastated. A very sad day today. After 7 years of medical training and hard work, a very good friend of mine has been struck off after one minor indiscretion and why during this terrible time? He slept with one of his patients (they were good friends) and can now no longer work in the profession he loves. What a waste of time, effort, training and money. A genuinely nice guy and a brilliant vet.
Sorry to hear that. Man, it was one hell of a week to be your friend.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Please tell me this is a League of Gentlemen Chinnery vet joke or I will be mortified for rating this post as funny.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
How's everyone's relationships/marriages doing?

We have our fits and starts but I think it's brought us closer together. It wasn't his fault he got laid off and he's flippin wonderfully holding it together, he's lost it twice and neither were bad episodes...in 5 or so weeks.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I've been wondering about animal shelters...most rely on volunteers. Considering what's happening with elderly care homes etc.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Wondering what?

You don't half talk some fucken nonsense
Right, custard slinger. As an example, my mum loved animals so very much and my step-dad was considering volunteering in her memory which is how they survive, but now everyone's scared to fuck about germs he isn't going to do it.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Right, custard slinger. As an example, my mum loved animals so very much and my step-dad was considering volunteering volunteering in her memory which is how they survive, but now everyone's scared to fuck about germs he isn't going to do it.
Well it all makes sense now.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Seriously. At what point do we just let mother nature sort this all out? The more I think about it, the more the Vegas Mayor makes sense.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Seriously. At what point do we just let mother nature sort this all out? The more I think about it, the more the Vegas Mayor makes sense.
I unastan the frustration. I feel it too. But I'd much rather be sat around doing fuck all than sat around mourning the loss of a loved one. Which is what some people are dealing with alongside isolation.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I unastan the frustration. I feel it too. But I'd much rather be sat around doing fuck all than sat around mourning the loss of a loved one. Which is what some people are dealing with alongside isolation.
My head knows that. But something primal in me wants to go sniff a nursing home bed sheet.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
You think that doesn't make sense in Canada? Daily cases are in the thousands still. Try Australia, we've got our cases down to like 5-10 people a day, most of whom are already in isolation because they are linked to known cases.

But then they tell us that we aren't trying to eliminate the virus. And we can't have the economy back either. So everyone is now at the point of being stuck at home doing this:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
because the only thing that tanks an economy faster than a lockdown is millions of unnecessary deaths.

and a lot of those unnecessary deaths are going to be doctors and nurses. It's not like we can order more of those off of Amazon.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Said this weeks ago, thinning the herd. Let all the protestors go out with their not social distancing and just finish themselves off the selfish stupid twats.
i'm developing an odd affinity for the smell of bleach.
Just cleanliness in general is a comfort smell wise. I would love to go out without gloves and a mask because the mask makes me claustrophobic but it isn't worth the risk.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Small victories? My mum died in a nursing home in August and thankfully my step dad was able to be with her. Clearly not an ideal situation being I couldn't...if this was going on now and she was still alive neither of us would be allowed to be with her when she passed away.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Said this weeks ago, thinning the herd. Let all the protestors go out with their not social distancing and just finish themselves off the selfish stupid twats.

Just cleanliness in general is a comfort smell wise. I would love to go out without gloves and a mask because the mask makes me claustrophobic but it isn't worth the risk.
a FB friend showed me a group that's planning a protest in Chicago or Springfield for May 1, and there are people arguing that they shouldn't wear masks because in a couple weeks there won't be a spike and it'll proof that the whole thing is a media panic. But they won't isolate when they leave the protest, and are going to spread infection to people who are distancing. My dad and his wife have been isolating like my family for the past month, so they're allowed over here once a week and we hang out outside and watch the kids romp. But we wear cloth masks.

I really feel sorry for people who got the information late, and are slow to adapt. This has to be incredible emotional torture.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
a FB friend showed me a group that's planning a protest in Chicago or Springfield for May 1, and there are people arguing that they shouldn't wear masks because in a couple weeks there won't be a spike and it'll proof that the whole thing is a media panic.

I really feel sorry for people who got the information late, and are slow to adapt. This has to be incredible emotional torture.
I read about some twat bird in San Diego who they're planning on locking up for 3 months for instigating a march/protest planning another one.
I understand the frustration, but stop being selfish wankers ffs. Not everyone has access to a mask, but at least try and do your bit. It ain't rocket science when it comes to some protection putting elderly/obese/asthmatics in danger by not giving a fuck.

Problem is with the "late information", states and countries are about to return to normal with opening DIY stores and cafes. I give up, lol. I didn't need to be told it was illegal to not distance, I have a brain.