General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Problem is with the "late information", states and countries are about to return to normal with opening DIY stores and cafes. I give up, lol. I didn't need to be told it was illegal to not distance, I have a brain.
If the people showing up to protest wear masks cover their nose and mouth with something, then it tells me that there IS a huge cadre of responsible people who have adapted and are ready to go back to work.

what's crazy is that most of these fucking wankers were up in arms about the laws that forbade the wearing of masks at protests.

now they're losing their minds because masks are 'recommended'.

Fucking.
Wankers.

the lot of them.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
If the people showing up to protest wear masks cover their nose and mouth with something, then it tells me that there IS a huge cadre of responsible people who have adapted and are ready to go back to work.

what's crazy is that most of these fucking wankers were up in arms about the laws that forbade the wearing of masks at protests.

now they're losing their minds because masks are 'recommended'.

Fucking.
Wankers.

the lot of them.
I slipped up opening a gate for my GF and her sister so I'm not without fault but that's probably the only time I have slipped up. Any time I pick up a shopping cart ot basket I'm sanitising the handle and I get looked at like I'm stupid. The first US death was where I live and people are still "NBD".

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I slipped up opening a gate for my GF and her sister so I'm not without fault but that's probably the only time I have slipped up. Any time I pick up a shopping cart ot basket I'm sanitising the handle and I get looked at like I'm stupid. The first US death was where I live and people are still "NBD".
you can't eliminate the risk, and it doesn't make sense to feel anxiety over our inevitable moments of ineptitude, but all of us minimizing together means the risk of our individual screw-ups getting us sick is very very low.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
you can't eliminate the risk, and it doesn't make sense to feel anxiety over our inevitable moments of ineptitude, but all of us minimizing together means the risk of our individual screw-ups getting us sick is very very low.
She left me a bunch of flowers the other day and didn't even knock on the door so we're not being catastrophic, it was just a natural reaction to open the gate when she and her sister were coming in with food. Love her to bits, we did sit way away from each other but gosh I miss people. I'm not on my own so I'm good there but just hanging out and shooting the shit...she, her husband and I used to hang out loads.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
UK hits a grim milestone and joins the U.S., Italy, Spain, & France as the nations in the '20,000 club', each recording deaths upwards of 20,000 attributed to COVID-19.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
UK hits a grim milestone and joins the U.S., Italy, Spain, & France as the nations in the '20,000 club', each recording deaths upwards of 20,000 attributed to COVID-19.
I always look at the per capita results. I know our first death was in Santa Clara County which is far from ideal but had to shut up my British sister in law (nicely, fuck being horrible at the moment) about how terrible the UK is doing. B&Q is like a Lowes which opened its doors and people are queuing in their droves. It's madness.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Considering the UK is the like the size of NJ, it ain't good. Dearly love the country, but there are so many fucking stupid Brits flouting these social distancing common sense rules

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

If you're still saying that COVID is no worse than the seasonal flu, you are an actual fucking retard.

or sociopath who wants to get their regular walk-in business up. They call themselves "ER Doctors", but the reality is that the co-own an Urgent Care facility.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

If you're still saying that COVID is no worse than the seasonal flu, you are an actual fucking retard.

or sociopath who wants to get their regular walk-in business up. They call themselves "ER Doctors", but the reality is that the co-own an Urgent Care facility.
Why should your opinion be more valued than those men in the video?

I think they make some good points.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
We just had a nice visit over at my parents. Went swimming and hung out.
Yeah I’m starting to loosen upon restrictions as well. Yesterday was my sisters birthday I met her and and some other family members at my dads memorial site. Kinda a weird place to meet but one of the few open air locations that was open for a group while being away from strangers. Especially with my 94 year old grandma we’re still playing it safe.

side note I didn’t realize until yesterday that my dad is sharing the lake with Junior Seau

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

It shouldn't, but the opinions of people who actually do this for a living should.

But at least I provide sources for the facts that make the basis for my truth, and I don't try to hide my self-interest.

what points did you think were of value?

EDIT to add: FWIW - the whole 'conference' is like an hour long.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

that last one about "hiding out in my home is going to weaken my immune system"....that's Gold Star stupidity.

All the things that you can do to bolster your immune system are things you can do in your home. The End.

of course, these guys will tell you that the Physicians at Harvard aren't seeing patients every day.

How to boost your immune system - Harvard Health

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It shouldn't, but the opinions of people who actually do this for a living should.

But at least I provide sources for the facts that make the basis for my truth, and I don't try to hide my self-interest.

what points did you think were of value?

EDIT to add: FWIW - the whole 'conference' is like an hour long.
he spoke of data from testing
I found that interesting, not that I have seen his data

Sounds like he is one of the people "doing it for a living" to me, so his opinion has some value as does others that are in the field and getting firsthand experience.

With the death rate now getting closer and closer to regular flu I think some of his opinions had some value...this doesn't appear to be the 3% to 8% killer of everybody it infects as was previously speculated/modeled/reported.

I guess we will know soon enough if some of the areas that are opening up have flare ups and outbreaks.

Those that are working and unaffected speaking about those that are not working and about to lose their businesses doesn't hold much weight to me.
That is part of the big equation to me, and of course it is just my opinion.

I do think he and many other medical business owners want to get back to some form of practice and of course income to at least cover overhead and not go under...That is going on here for sure...and of course some practices do not want to open at all and are angry about those that are about to re-open. So those two dudes are thinking of their bottom line as part of their equation.

It is tricky.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
With the death rate now getting closer and closer to regular flu I think some of his opinions had some value...this doesn't appear to be the 3% to 8% killer of everybody it infects as was previously speculated/modeled/reported.
What do you mean by this statement? Explain how it is getting closer, please.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What do you mean by this statement?
I mean death rate doesn't seem to be 3% to 8% of population, some early reports and models were using those percentages...some antibody testing has put it at %.5 or less, some have it at .1%

I don't know the numbers for those who have been hospitalized with serious symptoms...I expect the outcome of those cases is fairly grim.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I mean death rate doesn't seem to be 3% to 8% of population, some early reports and models were using those percentages...some antibody testing has put it at %.5 or less, some have it at .1%

I don't know the numbers for those who have been hospitalized with serious symptoms...I expect the outcome of those cases is fairly grim.
Ok.

Do you believe that 35 million people in the US have corona?

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Ok.

Do you believe that 35 million people in the US have corona?
I have no idea

I suspect it could be that high but I am not sure of that at all

Could be 35 million...could be 3 million...could be 100 million or more
I don't even know if the testing for the virus or antibodies is completely reliable

Only thing I do know, is that I am not discounting the opinions of those who are in the medical field(you included of course), many many different opinions from what I have seen.

I know 9 nurses in town here and they have wildly different opinions of the virus, herd immunity, potential vaccine, and the shutdown. I simply listen to them and respect their opinions.