General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Yes I could. But it'd eat up some money doing so. So this person had more money lying around than me to waste (doubtful ;) ) to do that.
Side note: I'm getting 3 - 5 calls a day. Plus emails. Texas is offering some sweet contracts for travel nurses right now. I said I wasn't going to do another one but, damn, y'all like to throw that money around.

M

member 3289

That's because texans are medically literate, and use the healing benefits of healing crystals, essential oils, herbal teas, elderberry syrup, hydrogen peroxide cleansing and lots of garlic on their boiled steaks.
Or........those god damn rednecks aren't testing enough people

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
To be fair though we acted late on travel bans, the US was quicker. They just seemingly fucked up from there on out.

But this is important. Tourists were the biggest early carriers here.
Is "tourists" code for Jews in the mother land?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yes I could. But it'd eat up some money doing so. So this person had more money lying around than me to waste (doubtful ;) ) to do that.
Someone could go to CVS and send in the take home test without swabbing.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Thanks, whoever you are.

I found one online for $98. However, I don't give a shit what the number of positives are. I just know the hospitals are filling up with people starving for air.
You're welcome.
Houston ran out of ICU beds the other day. I'll see if I can find the article.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
You're welcome.
Houston ran out of ICU beds the other day. I'll see if I can find the article.

We are taping up thick plastic at 2 ends of a hall and calling it a COVID Island. And sending them in. Bringing them down the "clean" halls to get there, of course.

We were told a few days ago that we only get a N95 mask if we are participating in a procedure with a covid patient. Otherwise, get your own.

I was getting a symptomatic person yesterday and went and requested a N95. I was told the new protocol. I politely told them to give me a mask or reassign the patient. I got the mask but I may lose my job.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We are taping up thick plastic at 2 ends of a hall and calling it a COVID Island. And sending them in. Bringing them down the "clean" halls to get there, of course.

We were told a few days ago that we only get a N95 mask if we are participating in a procedure with a covid patient. Otherwise, get your own.

I was getting a symptomatic person yesterday and went and requested a N95. I was told the new protocol. I politely told them to give me a mask or reassign the patient. I got the mask but I may lose my job.
Thats fucking insane. I know UT SW is doing very well in the mask department. That's insane you could lose your job for requesting something to protect yourself.

Come to Texas, the land of the free, we will protect you from the rona while you and Splinty @Splinty save us.