General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Sheepdog @Saloth Sar how's the 8pm curfew?

I'm laughing my ass off at the thought of you realizing at 10pm that you ran out of vegemite lol

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Sheepdog @Saloth Sar how's the 8pm curfew?

I'm laughing my ass off at the thought of you realizing at 10pm that you ran out of vegemite lol
I am slowly losing my grip on whatever is left of my sanity, which admittedly isn't much.

Not because of the curfew per se, but because my brain is malfunctioning while trying to work out what the fuck the curfew actually does. It just forces people who go late night shopping to avoid crowds in to more packed supermarkets and stops vulnerable people from exercising at night for the same reason. Yet you can jog through rush hour work commuters without a mask on if you like.

At least where you live, you know that the government has just said 'fuck it' because it values money over lives. Your disaster has a clear motivation. Here it feels like we are living in a bizarro world combination of North Korea and Somalia, where we are simultaneously subject to ridiculous and arbitrary laws yet the government also somehow has no actual control over anything.

M

member 3289

I am slowly losing my grip on whatever is left of my sanity, which admittedly isn't much.

Not because of the curfew per se, but because my brain is malfunctioning while trying to work out what the fuck the curfew actually does. It just forces people who go late night shopping to avoid crowds in to more packed supermarkets and stops vulnerable people from exercising at night for the same reason. Yet you can jog through rush hour work commuters without a mask on if you like.

At least where you live, you know that the government has just said 'fuck it' because it values money over lives. Your disaster has a clear motivation. Here it feels like we are living in a bizarro world combination of North Korea and Somalia, where we are simultaneously subject to ridiculous and arbitrary laws yet the government also somehow has no actual control over anything.
Wait you don't have occupancy limits on supermarkets?

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Wait you don't have occupancy limits on supermarkets?
Yes, but you're still interacting with a lot more people outside the supermarket, often indoors.

If you go to a supermarket after 10.30 pm on a weekday, which is when I normally shop, there's fuck all people anywhere.

M

member 3289

Yes, but you're still interacting with a lot more people outside the supermarket, often indoors.

If you go to a supermarket after 10.30 pm on a weekday, which is when I normally shop, there's fuck all people anywhere.
What is testing like in Melbourne now? Can anyone get tested? Is it free?

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
What is testing like in Melbourne now? Can anyone get tested? Is it free?
Yes. Total testing per capita is below New York. Louisiana, Rhode Island and Alaska but higher than any other US state. But it should be a lot higher considering the resources Australia should be able to concentrate in one place. State Government needs to more in that regard, Feds need to do much more.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

This is 100% one of the problems we had with the idea that stores were starting to restrict their hours a few months ago. My husband and I both thought there should have been an incentive to keep them open 24 hours, and maybe incentivize people somehow to make appointments to shop at 3am or something like that.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
This is 100% one of the problems we had with the idea that stores were starting to restrict their hours a few months ago. My husband and I both thought there should have been an incentive to keep them open 24 hours, and maybe incentivize people somehow to make appointments to shop at 3am or something like that.
Agreed, and it would be far easier politically to do that here than most places in the US too. We could force them to stay open and force them to pay staff more for late shifts without any real fuss.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
The problem you run into with appointments is that selfish fucks book everything they can "Just in case." The supposed issue with 24 hour stores is it doesn't leave anytime to decontaminate the store in its entirety.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

Wait, is your whole city on curfew?

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Wow, that sucks. Is it because people escaped from the locked down complex or did it come in from elsewhere?
It is because some retarded bureaucrat pulled the idea out his ass and kicked the idea up to the retard in charge. I can't figure out what they think the point of it is.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well what do you know...
Looks like the Brits are staying to turn into conspiracy Trumptards....

Namaste
Easily your worst source yet, and that says a lot.

M

member 3289

Florida reported 7,104 new cases today and a 9.28% positivity rate for new tests reported.

While still high, these numbers show a significant improvement over our mid July daily highs of 15,000 new cases and a 20% statewide positivity rate. The positivity rate is big, as officials have said that they want it below 10%.

Below 5% is the ultimate goal. Hopefully we keep showing improvement.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Well what do you know...
Looks like the Brits are staying to turn into conspiracy Trumptards....

Namaste
Oops.

Looks like the Krauts are joining them. L:tearsofjoy:L.

Foolish westerners getting antsy about having to stay home and flatten the curve.

Namaste

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Oops.

Looks like the Krauts are joining them. L:tearsofjoy:L.

Foolish westerners getting antsy about having to stay home and flatten the curve.

Namaste
Not as bad as some of your sources, but still not anything to write home about.