General Critical Race Theory

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Sexual orientation is about who you’re attracted to and who you feel drawn to romantically, emotionally, and sexually.

According to that defintion:

Sexual orientation is:
- who you are attracted to
- who you feel drawn to romantically
- who you feel drawn to emotionally
- who you feel drawn to sexually

There are various aspects to sexual orientation.

Kids develop their sexual orientation in terms of who they are drawn to emotionally before their sexual orientation is further defined by who they are attracted to, who the are drawn to romantically, and who they are drawn to sexually

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Sexual orientation is about who you’re attracted to and who you feel drawn to romantically, emotionally, and sexually.

According to that defintion:

Sexual orientation is:
- who you are attracted to
- who you feel drawn to romantically
- who you feel drawn to emotionally
- who you feel drawn to sexually

There are various aspects to sexual orientation.

Kids develop their sexual orientation in terms of who they are drawn to emotionally before their sexual orientation is further defined by who they are attracted to, who the are drawn to romantically, and who they are drawn to sexually
Oh, sweet Christ.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My understanding is that while there are signs of gender identity and future sexual orientation as young as three, none of it is strongly accurate in studies and is still a new world of research. It's more like "hey we see some behaviors that indicate this individual has a higher chance of future orientation".

Here's a quick outtake from my just googling around to see what I could find beyond my own scant knowledge:

In a 2008 issue of Developmental Psychology, University of Toronto psychologist Kelley Drummond and her colleagues interviewed 25 adult women who, as children between 3-12 years of age, were referred by their parents for assessment at a mental health clinic. At the time, all of these girls had several diagnostic indicators of gender identity disorder. They might have strongly preferred male playmates, insisted on wearing boys’ clothing, favored rough-and-tumble play over dolls and dress-up, stated that they would eventually grow a penis, or refused to urinate in a sitting position. As adults, however, only 12 percent of these women grew up to be gender dysphoric (the uncomfortable sense that one’s biological sex does not match one’s gender identity). Rather, the women’s childhood histories were much more predictive of their adult sexual orientation. In fact, the researchers found that the odds of these women reporting a bisexual/homosexual orientation was up to 23 times higher than would normally occur in a general sample of young women. Not all “tomboys” become lesbians, of course, but these data do suggest that lesbians often have a history of cross-sex-typed behaviors.

Now here's a weird one:

Another caveat is that researchers in this area readily concede that there are probably multiple—and no doubt very complicated—developmental routes to adult homosexuality. Heritable, biological factors interact with environmental experiences to produce phenotypic outcomes, and this is no less true for sexual orientation than it is for any other within-population variable. Since the prospective and retrospective data discussed in the foregoing studies often reveal very early emerging traits in prehomosexuals, however, those children who show pronounced sex-atypical behaviors may have “more” of a genetic loading to their homosexuality, whereas gay adults who were sex-typical as children might trace their homosexuality more directly to particular childhood experiences. For example, in a rather stunning case of what I’ll call “say-it-isn’t-so science”—science that produces data that rebel against popular, politically correct, or emotionally appealing sentiments—controversial new findings published earlier this year in the Archives of Sexual Behavior hint intriguingly that men—but not women—who were sexually abused as children are significantly more likely than non-abused males to have had homosexual relationships as adults. Whatever the causal route, however, none of this implies, whatsoever, that sexual orientation is a choice. In fact it implies quite the opposite, since prepubertal erotic experiences can later consolidate into irreversible sexual orientations and preferences, as I discussed in a previous piece on the childhood origins of fetishes and paraphilias.
whhhaaa?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
My understanding is that while there are signs of gender identity and future sexual orientation as young as three, none of it is strongly accurate in studies and is still a new world of research. It's more like "hey we see some behaviors that indicate this individual has a higher chance of future orientation".

Here's a quick outtake from my just googling around to see what I could find beyond my own scant knowledge:

Now here's a weird one:

whhhaaa?
Maybe we should let kids be kids and sort it out when they come out on the other side after we fucked them all up.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Here's a pretty basic example of why such a vague law is harmful

Kids draw pictures of their family. Some kids have two fathers. Other kids are confused.

Imagine if a teacher explained to the kids that sometimes, men fall in love and have children. Or women fall in love and have children.

Oh my God. The horror of such a conversation!

The law intimidates teachers and school systems through the threat of lawsuits

And God forbid the kids read a book where both parents are the same sex. Because that's so wrong! (According to homophobes)

M

member 1013

Here's a pretty basic example of why this such a vague law is harmful

Kids draw pictures of their family. Some kids have two fathers. Other kids are confused.

Imagine if a teacher explained to the kids that sometimes, men fall in love and have children. Or women fall in love and have children.

Oh my God. The horror of such a conversation!
the kids with two dads are already gay doe! and they will make the other kids gay