Parenting: the Official TMMAC Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
My son turned 9 months old yesterday, for his present he received hearing protection so he can come and enjoy teal season this year.
Enjoy the quiet time.

The game changes when they start getting mobile. It goes from sitting to standing to running way too fast.

I do remember enjoying his ability to sit up on his own at that age.

We used to be able to enjoy a breakfast out or a chill Sunday morning...
:sweatsmile:

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Enjoy the quiet time.

The game changes when they start getting mobile. It goes from sitting to standing to running way too fast.

He's mobile, according to daycare he's very advanced compared to the other kids. I assume the other kids parents don't wear masks.

Last edited:

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Enjoy the quiet time.

My oldest starting walking on his first birthday. I had been trying to get him to walk for a month but he refused. No matter what I did as soon as I let go of his hands he would sit down. I was getting worried that something was wrong with him (mom had said I was walking at 11 months.) We went out to eat on his birthday and when we got home I put him in the middle of the floor, he immediately stood up and took off down the hall. Hubby and I were in shock for a moment and then he peaked back around the corner with a huge grin on his face. I think he was practicing when we weren't looking. Lol

A few months later, exhausted, I was wondering why I had wanted him to start walking.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
crawling since about 6ish months, walking while holding out hands since 7ish months and cruising around in his walker since then.
Lil man loved his walker at that age. He used to have so much fun in it.

The good part about walkers is, it still limits his freedom to get into trouble.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Lil man loved his walker at that age. He used to have so much fun in it.

The good part about walkers is, it still limits his freedom to get into trouble.
Yea it does, it provides him a buffer so he can't grab EVERYTHING

My daughter starts Kindergarten today, is it normal for a parent to get more nervous than their child

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My son who's nine comes upstair the other day to take a break from gaming. I ask "how you doing down there?" He replies with "doing good dad, just clapping cheeks".

Had to laugh inside. Had a quick chat what that means and how not to use that term outside the house.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My son who's nine comes upstair the other day to take a break from gaming. I ask "how you doing down there?" He replies with "doing good dad, just clapping cheeks".

Had to laugh inside. Had a quick chat what that means and how not to use that term outside the house.
I can't wait for my son to really start talking. I anticipate many calls from school.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I might have mentioned this but I've told Mrs Beard I expect to frequently be having meetings with teachers and principals.
Raising boys is awesome!

When I met my wife and we started to get serious I told her I was convinced she was going to give me savage warrior babies....this one is fearless so I think I may have been right.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
My oldest starting walking on his first birthday. I had been trying to get him to walk for a month but he refused. No matter what I did as soon as I let go of his hands he would sit down. I was getting worried that something was wrong with him (mom had said I was walking at 11 months.) We went out to eat on his birthday and when we got home I put him in the middle of the floor, he immediately stood up and took off down the hall. Hubby and I were in shock for a moment and then he peaked back around the corner with a huge grin on his face. I think he was practicing when we weren't looking. Lol

A few months later, exhausted, I was wondering why I had wanted him to start walking.
My daughter didn’t walk until she was 15 months. I was getting worried then one day at the gym she just took off full walking laps around the gym. She just waited until she could completely do it. This is literally 1 minute after she did her first walking. Fucking monster dunking basketballs.

View: https://streamable.com/ttnbnk

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I can't wait for my son to really start talking. I anticipate many calls from school.
It's amazing really. Another time a few months back were watching tv together and he asks "dad, what a pussy?" I tell him "use it in a sentence" without cracking a smile. He says "you're a pussy" I go on to explain it slang for wimp or being weak and asked were he heard it from. He got it off two guys on YouTube gaming just shit talking each other for fun. I really don't want my kids to make the OMG face when adult language is around. We've had many talks about context and intent and that'll be the difference between funny and punishable.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's amazing really. Another time a few months back were watching tv together and he asks "dad, what a pussy?" I tell him "use it in a sentence" without cracking a smile. He says "you're a pussy" I go on to explain it slang for wimp or being weak and asked were he heard it from. He got it off two guys on YouTube gaming just shit talking each other for fun. I really don't want my kids to make the OMG face when adult language is around. We've had many talks about context and intent and that'll be the difference between funny and punishable.
As you know, I'm somewhat of a habitual line stepper, I anticipate my wife and my son's teachers will get very upset with me over the next few decades.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
My girls are 11 and 8 and they are driving each other crazy with the Covid stuff happening. Months and months of being together with no school has them on each other nerves.images (7).jpeg