So, Elsa (Frozen) is a carpet muncher?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Let it go.
I've never seen the movie, but even I got a chuckle from this.

Mostly because when my 5 year old niece asks me to play guitar for her, no matter what chords I play she screams LET IT GO right in my face. She doesn't have a good singing voice - but she's a cutie so I let it slide.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I think the problem is that gays are way over presented in the media. I'm pro gay rights like their right to be married for example but I think its agenda pushing when you start skewing the numbers.

Asian females are being way over represented in our media at the moment too. I think they are a "safe" minority but you almost never see asian males during the add breaks here. I'm pretty sure that the ratio of asian males to females is 50:50 in Australian society. Funny that eh?

There are countless other examples.
Roughly 2% of responses in a UK survey identified as either gay, bisexual or other. Do you think that 1 in 50 media characters is portrayed as gay? I can't recall many in all the films I've watched (mainly sci fi and superheroes). If anything, they appear under represented to me.

This is pretty much how the homophobic right wingers appear to me:

"If they don't like being called faggots then they shouldn't act like faggots. People are too easily offended nowadays."

"I don't like seeing gays in the media. I find it offensive."

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Roughly 2% of responses in a UK survey identified as either gay, bisexual or other. Do you think that 1 in 50 media characters is portrayed as gay? I can't recall many in all the films I've watched (mainly sci fi and superheroes). If anything, they appear under represented to me.
To be honest Ive not watched much tellie lately and if I have its all doco stuff but if gay people arent proportionally represented (either way) in the media its an issue, same with minorities. If there are too many/too little then that needs to change.

"If they don't like being called faggots then they shouldn't act like faggots. People are too easily offended nowadays."
Did you mean to direct this at me? if so yorue drawing a long bow there, I dont have an issue with gay people, green people, black people etc etc I am a motoring racist though, wanna talk about that? people who look like you tend to drive like shit brother, this aint confirmation bias its fact. People who look like me tend to smell bad, Ill put my hand up for that one (shower 3 times a day on gym day and still wake up smelling like curry)

Please refer to point number one.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015

Also what do you think about the fact that on Aussie tellie the only interacial coupling they ever seem to show (especially in commercials) is an east asian female and Caucasian male? you reckon there is an agenda being pushed here? 10 years ago it was always black male and white female. Just seems strange to me and doesnt reflect what I see in the ground here.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Did you mean to direct this at me?
Not particularly but if the turban fits...
people who look like you tend to drive like shit brother, this aint confirmation bias its fact.
Got a source for this fact?
Also what do you think about the fact that on Aussie tellie the only interacial coupling they ever seem to show (especially in commercials) is an east asian female and Caucasian male? you reckon there is an agenda being pushed here? 10 years ago it was always black male and white female. Just seems strange to me and doesnt reflect what I see in the ground here.
Dunno, haven't been to Oz

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Not particularly but if the turban fits...
Oh howdy ha ha..... now you have to listen to my curry advice or be labelled inconsistent

Got a source for this fact?
I work in the Insurance industry, i've seen stats that we aren't allowed to publish for obvious reasons, shit even jimmyhendricksbeard confirmed that the vast amount of non insured customers at his smash repair were of NEA decent and he is from the other side of earth from me.

Ill see if I can get those stats leaked to me and share them with you. When personal anecdote marries up with statistics one can safely assume that they are correct. MOst stereotypes are nonsense but this one holds true.

Dunno, haven't been to Oz
You dont need to, just follow my simple narrative, if im am being honest and accurate do you think that is a case of agenda pushing?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Oh howdy ha ha..... now you have to listen to my curry advice or be labelled inconsistent

I work in the Insurance industry, i've seen stats that we aren't allowed to publish for obvious reasons, shit even jimmyhendricksbeard confirmed that the vast amount of non insured customers at his smash repair were of NEA decent and he is from the other side of earth from me.

Ill see if I can get those stats leaked to me and share them with you. When personal anecdote marries up with statistics one can safely assume that they are correct. MOst stereotypes are nonsense but this one holds true.

You dont need to, just follow my simple narrative, if im am being honest and accurate do you think that is a case of agenda pushing?

Well, if a man refers to a woman as his wife, that demonstrates sexuality.
That isn't the first thing that should pop into the mind of a child, is it?
Do children at such a young age sexually identify (I honestly have no idea)?

If not then I have to wonder at the logic of trying to use a cartoon to expose children to homosexuality but that is an "if."

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
That isn't the first thing that should pop into the mind of a child, is it?
Do children at such a young age sexually identify (I honestly have no idea)?

If not then I have to wonder at the logic of trying to use a cartoon to expose children to homosexuality but that is an "if."
No it isn't the first thing that should pop into the mind of a child, which is my point. Having a gay character isn't necessarily pushing a gay agenda.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
doesn't Harry Potter have an openly gay character?

besides all of them.

BWS

Apr 14, 2015
LIKE ANY GOOD FATHER SHOULD I'VE TAUGHT MY DAUGHTER TO HATE GAYS...........AND JEWS................AND BLACKS.................ASIANS ARE ALRIGHT THOUGH...........

NAH JUST KIDDING WE HATE ASIANS TOO.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
LIKE ANY GOOD FATHER SHOULD I'VE TAUGHT MY DAUGHTER TO HATE GAYS...........AND JEWS................AND BLACKS.................ASIANS ARE ALRIGHT THOUGH...........

NAH JUST KIDDING WE HATE ASIANS TOO.
F*#@ING ASIANS!

I wish I was.

StillReal

My name is Mark.
Mar 19, 2016
there are a lot of things in this world. Not all of them need to be in kid's movies.
It isn't like they're going to show her doing anything graphic with her partner, it is a disney movie.

Why shouldn't gay people be in kids movies? They're around us everyday and your kid could very well decide that he/she is gay when the time comes. What do gay people do so wrong that we need to protect our children from knowing they exist?