The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
I don't see the benefit in having a goat. I guess I could put a muzzle thing on his snout that kept his nose 3" from the ground. That way I wouldn't have to mow anymore.

Not sure on the dog. I like Goldens. And Labs. And German Shepherds.
People rent out their goats around here... so many evasive species for them to eat like giant overgrown blackberry bushes.. the fruit so delicious yet protected by the devil spikes themselves. Wild how the goats cant eat that shit.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
People rent out their goats around here... so many evasive species for them to eat like giant overgrown blackberry bushes.. the fruit so delicious yet protected by the devil spikes themselves. Wild how the goats cant eat that shit.
I read that they eat honeysuckle.

But I'm assuming that's only the smaller plants. If they could eat the telephone-pole-sized bushes I have I'd buy a goat today.

Although I've been seeing a lot of coyotes lately. That probably cancels out any plans for a goat that mows while I'm at work.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I read that they eat honeysuckle.

But I'm assuming that's only the smaller plants. If they could eat the telephone-pole-sized bushes I have I'd buy a goat today.

Although I've been seeing a lot of coyotes lately. That probably cancels out any plans for a goat that mows while I'm at work.
I read somewhere that they don't drink shitty ass, freeze dried, fine grind folgers coffee because they have something called 'self respect'

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
20220630_210143.jpg

Starting the 4th weekend early.

Burning some more honeysuckle and an annoying stump. And a cold beer is always nice.

Took a vac day and gonna go cabrewin tomorrow.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
250BA501-A719-40C4-8DEA-26A8EEAECEFE.jpegDF936D82-DEF5-4E15-BB66-454EF018316F.jpeg

Ran into this dude over the weekend. Nice red cinnamon coat. Saw another one driving down the mountain this afternoon but didn’t get a picture. He/she was real blonde. Bears are pretty rad in person…from a safe distance.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
View attachment 72460View attachment 72461

Ran into this dude over the weekend. Nice red cinnamon coat. Saw another one driving down the mountain this afternoon but didn’t get a picture. He/she was real blonde. Bears are pretty rad in person…from a safe distance.
Bears are very cool.
I shared a valley with a beefy black bear for a year and a half

We used the same trails, he would dig up entire hives of bees or yellowjackets and eat the whole thing and shit them all out. Ate and shit the blackberries like a savage, road was littered with piles.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Bears are very cool.
I shared a valley with a beefy black bear for a year and a half

We used the same trails, he would dig up entire hives of bees or yellowjackets and eat the whole thing and shit them all out. Ate and shit the blackberries like a savage, road was littered with piles.
We see them pretty often on the property but they’ve never been a nuisance. We don’t even bother hunting them. Although I would like a bear skin coat.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Found a tailfeather of a red tailed hawk on my hike after work.

20220712_184402.jpg

There was one soaring way overhead yesterday when I was cleaning out the firepit and it was screaching out like crazy. One of the coolest calls in nature.

Last edited: