The Wheel of Time (November 2021)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
lol at your disagree flair Q @Qat

im a very visual learner/thinker

thats probably why i go crwzy when i hear people chew. cause my "mind's eye" sees the inside of mouths. toungues, saliva, etc. its gross

thats also why i hate memes of butts, and jokes about anuses, poops, vomit, etc

those words gross me out lol

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
lol at your disagree flair Q @Qat

im a very visual learner/thinker

thats probably why i go crwzy when i hear people chew. cause my "mind's eye" sees the inside of mouths. toungues, saliva, etc. its gross

thats also why i hate memes of butts, and jokes about anuses, poops, vomit, etc

those words gross me out lol

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
have yall watched this episode? it is a HUGE episode for character whom many book fans dont like

but that character happens to be my favorite character in the story from the jump

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Mine wuz Lan
technically, he was my first favorite character since he was so mysterious and such an awesome badass

but of the emonds field 5, my first favorite was nynaeve. got suck a kick out of her sass. and admired her intense protectiveness and love for the younger kids below her hard exterior

M

member 1013

technically, he was my first favorite character since he was so mysterious and such an awesome badass

but of the emonds field 5, my first favorite was nynaeve. got suck a kick out of her sass. and admired her intense protectiveness and love for the younger kids below her hard exterior
Mine wuz Perrin cuz he was strong and careful like me

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Mine wuz Perrin cuz he was strong and careful like me
perrin became my favorite at the end of book 4. and then he was totally MIA in book 5 and maybe 6? at least 5 iirc. and i was like WTF. he became my favorite and then hes gone!!

and then his plot is slow for awhile. his endgame is awesome tho

and theres a difference bwtweeb favorite characters and favorite humans, for lack of better words. what i mean is that:
- id aspire to be lan
- id want to befriend perrin. hes the most solid human

but in terms of entertaining characters:
- early on i loved reading nynaeves sass
- and towards the end, i finally realized why mat is such a fan favorite. he becomes such an awesome character to read

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
So yeah, the 4th ep was awesome for world - and character building, you learn a lot more and understand a lot more (my gf is completely new to it, and is starting to find an interest).

the only weird scene was how Moiraine just casually walked into the cave after the Logain was free. He could easily just have killed her. It was weird he didn't attack in that situation imo.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Alvaro Morte is some great casting! He was perfect in Money Heist and I was so excited to see him appearing as Logain.
Episode 4 was great. I’ve liked the character Nynaeve so far and she had some awesome scenes In this one.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
So yeah, the 4th ep was awesome for world - and character building, you learn a lot more and understand a lot more (my gf is completely new to it, and is starting to find an interest).

the only weird scene was how Moiraine just casually walked into the cave after the Logain was free. He could easily just have killed her. It was weird he didn't attack in that situation imo.
fans are influenced to see Logan as evil since the "good guys" (red and green aes sedai) have him imprisoned. but we saw in the opening scene in Ghaeldan that he is not evil. yes, he's at risk of the madness, but he's not straight up evil, evidenced by the fact that he not only didnt kill the king, he healed him. and that King became a loyal follower who sacrificed himself in an attempt to free Logain

so in terms of the Moiraine scene, Logain waS:
- very powerful, and thus unafraid of her solo
- not evil, so no desire to kill her without hearing her out

she totally played him tho by asking him why he thinks he was the dragon reborn. she knew he wasnt since he was too old. but she tricked him into talking, which bought time for her sisters to recover

after he was gentled, Moiraine is seen looking at Liandrin. so Moiraine's feelings are mixed. after all, the last battle is coming. and in theory, you want powerful people on the side of the light. but unfortunately, they have now removed one players powers

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Alvaro Morte is some great casting! He was perfect in Money Heist and I was so excited to see him appearing as Logain.
Episode 4 was great. I’ve liked the character Nynaeve so far and she had some awesome scenes In this one.
in the show, she told Lan that he could ask her how she tracked him. so he asked, and her response, "i said you could ask. i didnt say i'd answer" hahaha. that kind of stuff rubs some book fans the wrong way, but i find her character to be hilarious

M

member 1013

There’s no way they can tel this story properly in less than 20 seasons. What do you guys think gets cut?

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
There’s no way they can tel this story properly in less than 20 seasons. What do you guys think gets cut?
Most of Winter's Heart. If I remember correctly that this is the one that tells most of the same happenings as the previous book just through other's eyes.

But really who knows, they already changed quite a bit, maybe they have a clear plan..
On the other hand I saw an interview where they were saying they don't even know how many seasons they'd do, they just hope to get to the end, Lulz. This worries me most def.

Fun fact, the show runner is a guy I saw lose on survivor years ago.

M

member 1013

Most of Winter's Heart. If I remember correctly that this is the one that tells most of the same happenings as the previous book just through other's eyes.

But really who knows, they already changed quite a bit, maybe they have a clear plan..
On the other hand I saw an interview where they were saying they don't even know how many seasons they'd do, they just hope to get to the end, Lulz. This worries me most def.

Fun fact, the show runner is a guy I saw lose on survivor years ago.
I think it goes 4 seasons

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Elyas was awesome. its shame the show left him out, at least, for now
I still expect him to be in it, but maybe they don't wanna introduce too much stuff too early.

fans are influenced to see Logan as evil since the "good guys" (red and green aes sedai) have him imprisoned. but we saw in the opening scene in Ghaeldan that he is not evil. yes, he's at risk of the madness, but he's not straight up evil, evidenced by the fact that he not only didnt kill the king, he healed him. and that King became a loyal follower who sacrificed himself in an attempt to free Logain

so in terms of the Moiraine scene, Logain waS:
- very powerful, and thus unafraid of her solo
- not evil, so no desire to kill her without hearing her out

she totally played him tho by asking him why he thinks he was the dragon reborn. she knew he wasnt since he was too old. but she tricked him into talking, which bought time for her sisters to recover

after he was gentled, Moiraine is seen looking at Liandrin. so Moiraine's feelings are mixed. after all, the last battle is coming. and in theory, you want powerful people on the side of the light. but unfortunately, they have now removed one players powers
You have a point about him, but she still could not be sure of it and took a great risk - but for what? Wasnt really necessary.