General Two US military bases in Iraq attacked

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
IIRC, the reason for the killing of Soleimani was for being an "imminent threat" planning future attacks.

retaliatory for the embassy?
the State Dept went before the Senate and provided no evidence of an imminent threat.
If it wasn't to prevent an imminent attack, it is illegal under international law.

So now we're going to pretend we don't care about international law...
can't imagine any fall-out or increase in danger to Americans over that...

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
the State Dept went before the Senate and provided no evidence of an imminent threat.
If it wasn't to prevent an imminent attack, it is illegal under international law.

So now we're going to pretend we don't care about international law...
can't imagine any fall-out or increase in danger to Americans over that...
State Dept (Pompeo) & CIA (Gina Haspel), there's a trustworthy bunch ;)

was nice to see the Rand of old. it's been awhile.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Maybe it was.

That being said, if someone commits an attack you're going to have a tough time explaining how anything they say or have said in the past wouldn't be considered an imminent threat.
the law is 'imminent and specific'

so it's going to be a little harder to explain how a presumptive 'thought crime' warrants immediate extra-judicial killing within the sovereign domain of a senior official from a 3rd sovereign nation.

if it wasn't in anticipation of an imminent and specific attack, it was illegal (international law). They're making the case that the AUF for Iraq covers 'I can kill whoever the fuck I declare a terrorist in Iraq' and isn't illegal under domestic law.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Trump sent 14,000 troops to Middle East since May

tang @Vagabond how do you keep justifying your bullshit when presented with stuff like this?
you believe the news too much.

there is a big difference between deploying the Troops somewhere as part of UDP (unit deployment program) and that could be anywhere in the world, which happens ALL THE TIME. If Navy carrier was floating around some sea in middle east, the NEWS will consider that as "Troops sent to Middle East"

so how many were deployed to actual combat zones, taking part in combat? that's the number you should figure out and get back to me.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
the law is 'imminent and specific'

so it's going to be a little harder to explain how a presumptive 'thought crime' warrants immediate extra-judicial killing within the sovereign domain of a senior official from a 3rd sovereign nation.

if it wasn't in anticipation of an imminent and specific attack, it was illegal (international law). They're making the case that the AUF for Iraq covers 'I can kill whoever the fuck I declare a terrorist in Iraq' and isn't illegal under domestic law.
They'll use the same defense the last administration did when they were drone striking the fuck out of wedding parties.

M

member 3289

you believe the news too much.

there is a big difference between deploying the Troops somewhere as part of UDP (unit deployment program) and that could be anywhere in the world, which happens ALL THE TIME. If Navy carrier was floating around some sea in middle east, the NEWS will consider that as "Troops sent to Middle East"

so how many were deployed to actual combat zones, taking part in combat? that's the number you should figure out and get back to me.
If Trump told you that you were a fucking idiot and that your mother was a whore, you'd still support him.

Edit: No need to be so rude - L

Last edited by a moderator:
M

member 3289

so you have no legit information and gonna start attacking me personally? very typical of you
I'm not attacking you personally. I like you and you're a veteran so I wouldn't do that.

I'm telling you that you're blinded by your loyalty to a retard.