What manly sh!t have you done today?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

Today's adventure. Power Steering Cooler for my truck. The old one is leaking like a whore on dollar day.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016

Today's adventure. Power Steering Cooler for my truck. The old one is leaking like a whore on dollar day.
How tucked away is that? Is it easy to access, or do you have to remove other shit to get it out?

Based on the picture, it looks like swapping it out should be fairly easy.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
How tucked away is that? Is it easy to access, or do you have to remove other shit to get it out?

Based on the picture, it looks like swapping it out should be fairly easy.
The cooler is mounted vertically on the front of the radiator, and the hoses are towards the bottom of the engine. I have to take the grill off, but it looks like a pretty easy swap. I got the part from RockAuto - $50.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
The cooler is mounted vertically on the front of the radiator, and the hoses are towards the bottom of the engine. I have to take the grill off, but it looks like a pretty easy swap. I got the part from RockAuto - $50.
Sounds easy enough. That might only be a 2-beer project

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Done. Very easy job. 3 bolts and 2 hose connections. Didn't even have to jack the car up until I had to bleed the air out of the lines.
Changed the oil since I was already dirty.
And replaced the serpentine belt and the tensioner.

I was going to change the AC belt too because it's so dry rotted it looks like it's about to turn to dust, but I literally NEVER turn on the AC so I decided "Fuck it". It was starting to rain anyway.

I have a mission to get this truck to 300,000 miles.

But it's getting harder to resist a new one. I am in love with the 1500 Midnight:

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well I went into work and built/installed 2 landings/3 flights of stairs from main floor to basement. I cut all my interior wall plates and layed them out.

Came home and tore apart husqavarna lawn mower, sat all winter so it's been having troubles starting. Drained fuel, replaced air and fuel filter. Cleaned out carb and spark plug, vroom!

Thatch raked the back yard, seeded and watered. Pulled weeds and a couple plants that don't seem to have survived the winter. Noticed that the kale has sprouted, planted last week along with spuds, spinach, snap peas, carrots, heirloom carrots (those are the purple ones) zucchini, and cucumbers for pickling.

Now I'm drinking a coors light cus bud won't pay a man. Just might lay on my wife tonight, even though she's 8 months preggo

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Well I went into work and built/installed 2 landings/3 flights of stairs from main floor to basement. I cut all my interior wall plates and layed them out.

Came home and tore apart husqavarna lawn mower, sat all winter so it's been having troubles starting. Drained fuel, replaced air and fuel filter. Cleaned out carb and spark plug, vroom!

Thatch raked the back yard, seeded and watered. Pulled weeds and a couple plants that don't seem to have survived the winter. Noticed that the kale has sprouted, planted last week along with spuds, spinach, snap peas, carrots, heirloom carrots (those are the purple ones) zucchini, and cucumbers for pickling.

Now I'm drinking a coors light cus bud won't pay a man. Just might lay on my wife tonight, even though she's 8 months preggo
Dude I watched some show where James may got an old lawn mower and rebuilt it and was his boring cunt self the whole way thru explaining his actions.

It was terrible but I enjoyed it and watched it all.

I think he hypnotized me

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Dude I watched some show where James may got an old lawn mower and rebuilt it and was his boring cunt self the whole way thru explaining his actions.

It was terrible but I enjoyed it and watched it all.

I think he hypnotized me
Lol! My name is also James!

I got the lawnmower fixed up and just put back together and dropped the last bloody nut into the flywheel. Had to pull everything apart again to retrieve it. FML

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Lol! My name is also James!

I got the lawnmower fixed up and just put back together and dropped the last bloody nut into the flywheel. Had to pull everything apart again to retrieve it. FML
At least u accepted defeat instead of pretending it never happened. I've dropped all kinds of shit that I've had to deem "fell in a black hole and is gone forever"

Not on engines tho. Never engines!

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
At least u accepted defeat instead of pretending it never happened. I've dropped all kinds of shit that I've had to deem "fell in a black hole and is gone forever"

Not on engines tho. Never engines!
Lol! So true:tearsofjoy:

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I "fixed" my AC unit at home today with a hammer. I'm in the south so it's hot, and I came home and the system wasn't blowing cool air.

I pulled shit apart on the outside unit and went through everything I could think of, and also took the opportunity to clean the fins and the drain line. I had plenty of pressure in the system, although the valve on the high pressure line was leaking a little. Was able to crank on that a bit and got it to stop leaking (for now). Put a volt meter on and the relay was getting power, and the amperage to the compressor was fine until it tried to kick on. So at this point I was assuming my compresser was toast.

For good measure I thought it would be a good idea to whack the compressor with a rubber mallet. Damn thing kicked on after the second hit, and has been running good for the past few hours. No idea why, but it was seized up and I guess it just needed a couple love taps to set it free.

The unit is about 20 years old, so it is likely time to replace soon. No idea how long this will last, but it's working for now!

Edit/update:

So I had to get up twice in the middle of the night to whap the compressor with the mallet again. It keeps locking up every few hours, but I have been able to get it going again each time with the mallet (lol).

Got somebody coming by this evening to get me a quote for repair vs. replacement. The outside unit is about 20 years old, so probably going to replace it. A new one will be a lot more efficient. The old one is only a 13 SEER, new ones I'm looking at are between 17-21 SEER. We've been needing to get our flexible ductwork replaced too, so getting a quote for that as well. The ductwork is old, I'm sure we have some leaks and the insulation on it is pretty deteriorated.

Fuck. Gonna have to open my wallet wide.

Last edited:

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Just fixed the gate on my fence. My neighbor came out and asked what I was doing (keep in mind this took literally 2-3 minutes), so I reminded him.of the last time we spoke, which wasn't on friendly terms, the whipped my hammer at his face. I don't know where the hammer came closet to landing on, his face, or the window on his garage. I wouldn't care if I shattered either of them. I expect to be visited by police shortly.

Good news, my gate is fixed.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Gas dryer stopped working over the weekend. Wouldn't stay lit. Narrowed the problem down to the gas valve solenoids, which should be waiting for me when I get home. They were like $20.

Nothing like working for 10 hours only to go home and put a dryer back together.

Hopefully it fixes the issue though. Hanging your laundry in the backyard like an Amish housewife sucks.