General 2021-2022 NHL Season Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Gotta get your guys opinion ....

We are all NHL fans in this thread as well as MMA Fans or competitors in both sports....

In hockey we are groomed to practice plays and set up shots - we are told never to do this never to do that ...

I'm watching the Avs play and they keep passing everyone waiting for the perfect sh0t ....Trying to set up a play ....but they are not scoring ...

MMA has become so popular over the years coaches teach the same repetitive strikes - takedowns - set ups ....teach the same training techniques ...

When a sport becomes to repetitive ..does it not need a guy to just say Fuck it! And go Balls to the Wall Full Bruiser Brody? Should a coach every now and again let certain players loose?

Avs should let MacKinnon just blast his way full speed to the net and shoot....

MMA go full blitzkrieg on opponent ....no set ups feints no jabs ...straight fuck it! I'm gonna beat dat ass with the most unorthodox power shots i can throw...

I used to have a hard time with the set plays, there is so many variables it's what makes it hard to defend against. Let's say a couple times into the zones and you run a set play and the defending team starts to recognize the pattern, like Washington is the perfect example of this. Ovi with the one timer, you'll see defenceman start pinching in on him but that exposes them infront of the net usually to a better scoring opportunity.

In MMA there is alot less variables. It was one of the really under appreciated things about Domino Cruze I think. His style was really unorthodox, the way he pivoted his body, his entries, and the angle he threw the punches from. You would start to notice a pattern though, like when he would engage he would like faint duck, sorta pivot and swoop his head and throwing like a huge looping left hand, after a couple of these the opponent would pivot with Dom to the right to avoid the right hand and he would throw a left uppercut from his pockets.

The plays are meant to favor the attacking team and play to thier strengths but just like in mma there are times the defending team can just read them.

Love you, sort of a ramble I hope it helps

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Gotta get your guys opinion ....

We are all NHL fans in this thread as well as MMA Fans or competitors in both sports....

In hockey we are groomed to practice plays and set up shots - we are told never to do this never to do that ...

I'm watching the Avs play and they keep passing everyone waiting for the perfect sh0t ....Trying to set up a play ....but they are not scoring ...

MMA has become so popular over the years coaches teach the same repetitive strikes - takedowns - set ups ....teach the same training techniques ...

When a sport becomes to repetitive ..does it not need a guy to just say Fuck it! And go Balls to the Wall Full Bruiser Brody? Should a coach every now and again let certain players loose?

Avs should let MacKinnon just blast his way full speed to the net and shoot....

MMA go full blitzkrieg on opponent ....no set ups feints no jabs ...straight fuck it! I'm gonna beat dat ass with the most unorthodox power shots i can throw...

I think it’s a bit different in mma, being that it’s more risky to go full ham with no setups or feints. While it can definitely give you good results, it would be low percentage for the most part with where fighters are skill wise these days.

the same goes for hockey. It can be done to an extent, but it risks your best player getting hurt, or burning his legs out much quicker. The best player should be putting as many shots on goal as they can. If they have any open lane, take it. But the highest percentage goals are on plays that the team sets up for the best player.

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
man, the projected scores has Robbie Grinders beating me... Im terrible at this

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Leafs showing signs of life. First time they’ve scored more than 3 goals all season.

Tavares just scored a beauty.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Kraken down 0-1 after 1st period against the Rangers. Absolutely shit puck handling by the kraken right now. Surprised the rangers lead isn’t bigger.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
1-1 going into the 3rd. The equalizer was a sweet no look backhand goal from Eberle.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
This week showed the beauty of the fantasy format, no matter how perfectly constructed a team is, anyone can lose to ANYONE.