General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

I have not. I saw the headline yesterday but have not read it until now. Cold and utilitarian as it should be. I rely on an ethics board in normal times and have never been that scarce of resources outside of overseas work. These guidelines and others will surely roll out add some institutional level as patient loads overwhelmed the respective systems geographically.
Medicine in the United States is very regional and very institutional.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
this whole Trump's comment of Chinesevirus is putting Asians at risk is ridiculous.

first of all, China blamed US with that ridiculous conspiracy and Trump responded by calling it the "CHINESE VIRUS" which EVERYONE and their mother used to call is the WUHAN VIrus which is in China.

2nd, these racist dumbfuck idiots are the problem. why da fuck is Trump getting the blame?
If Trump farts, does it remind people to take a shit? fucking ridiculous...

Democrats blocking Trump's stimulus package is what the real problem is regardless of if he's trying to look good to win the election, isn't good that everyone will get 1200 dollars to put food on the table for their families? SMH

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I wish you strength and good fortune during this time.

Thanks. Also please understand that every doc and nurse will work for free for this. We won't work without PPE.

Tell your reps, fix the PPE shortage.
We are still working while sunning our N95s and the CDC says to consider using a bandana in the meantime.
If this doesnt get fixed you won't have volunteers and the ones you do have are going to get sick and out of the fight quickly. We haven't even begun to peak in cases. This is an existential and utilitarian threat to our systemic response.

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Thanks. Also please understand that every doc and nurse will work for free for this. We won't work without PPE.

Tell your reps, fix the PPE shortage.
We are still working while sunning our N95s and the CDC says to consider using a bandana in the meantime.
If this doesnt get fixed you won't have volunteers and the ones you do have are going to get sick and out of the fight quickly. We haven't even begun to peak in cases. This is an existential and utilitarian threat to our systemic response.
how many positive cases have you encountered

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
https://www.fda.gov/media/134922/download

"The 2019-nCoV RNA is generally detectable in upper and lower respiratory specimens during infection. Positive results are indicative of active infection with 2019-nCoV but do not rule out bacterial infection or co-infection with other viruses. The agent detected may not be the definite cause of disease."

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Hey we do not have enough masks? Get rid of the nurses! Bam! Problem solved, now enough masks!
This is why they all of the sudden said, masks are bad. So they don't have to deal with the shortage that they should've been on since day 1.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
This article is sucking China's dick hard. The rhetoric alone... yikes.
That's an interesting perspective Yossarian @Yossarian

Over here I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of Yellow Peril cold war propaganda and I thought I would post the Blumenthal article as a sort of antidote. I do enjoy The Intercept so I guess I'm probably biased.