General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
It is the internet
I just copy pasted

So indeed "Someone" posted it...impossible to tell who they are and what "credentials" they possess

I was just messing with my man, making jokes.

As for the particles...I don't think anyone is saying the mask blocks all CO2, or else the user would be dead and have nowhere to expel gases and breath. Of course inside your mask there is certainly more CO2 for you to inhale than if you were not wearing one.

I'm not anti mask FYI. I simply am not exposed to people for my job so I have no need to wear them. My state isn't requiring them and we are doing just fine in our Coronapocalypse at the moment.
I didn't realize it was a joke. I hope no one else believes it. And if wearing a mask caused those symptoms I'd like to think that some surgeon at some point in history would have noticed and said something. I mean, that would be dangerous.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I didn't realize it was a joke. I hope no one else believes it. And if wearing a mask caused those symptoms I'd like to think that some surgeon at some point in history would have noticed and said something. I mean, that would be dangerous.
haha, I don't know what the intent of the person who posted it was...but you know I am mostly here for the jokes and MMA

I don't think wearing a mask all day is good for the health of the person wearing it, that seems like common sense. How much it affects your health/oxygen is unclear to me.
I do understand there are situations where it can prevent infection(surgeons) and situations where it can prevent contagions.
I repeat I am not anti mask. I just currently don't need to wear one in my specific location and occupation. Most of my state is not wearing them now.

Do you guys wear face shields?
Do you wear N95 all day? How many hours if so?

I ask because my lady wears a face shield at work now...but wearing a n95 is too much for her and some of her fellow co workers.
They try to wear them but they have various issues with fit and discomfort, so they end up wearing other masks.
They did have a Fit Test and training.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Wouldn't mind checking this guy who's just been on my TV

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
It is the internet
I just copy pasted

So indeed "Someone" posted it...impossible to tell who they are and what "credentials" they possess

I was just messing with my man, making jokes.

As for the particles...I don't think anyone is saying the mask blocks all CO2, or else the user would be dead and have nowhere to expel gases and breath. Of course inside your mask there is certainly more CO2 for you to inhale than if you were not wearing one.

I'm not anti mask FYI. I simply am not exposed to people for my job so I have no need to wear them. My state isn't requiring them and we are doing just fine in our Coronapocalypse at the moment.
In Europe we have a different classification to the N system, but there is a mask that's a higher quality than the N95. I think it's called an N99 in the U.S. but in Europe it's a FFP3 mask. That can stop all but the smallest covid particles from my understanding. The 99 has filtration down to .1 microns.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
In Europe we have a different classification to the N system, but there is a mask that's a higher quality than the N95. I think it's called an N99 in the U.S. but in Europe it's a FFP3 mask. That can stop all but the smallest covid particles from my understanding. The 99 has filtration down to .1 microns.
I have heard of those
can't even buy the cheapest masks here though so every body that wears one is wearing porous cotton like fabrics.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I have heard of those
can't even buy the cheapest masks here though so every body that wears one is wearing porous cotton like fabrics.
Well from what I understand is that they limit the size of cloud that is created. So while they don't stop particles going through they do help stop the spread when combined with social distancing.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I think the states are supposed to make the call anyways.

I do support not shutting down a country or planet for outbreaks
have you heard that Brazil has now broken the record for most deaths in a day?

they are a week or so away from the peak.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Mentioned it in RIP, is it like Sparkuri to go off the grid? He was struggling with (he didn't catch it afaik) Covid-19. He hasn't posted in forever...which isn't like him.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Elon has you wrapped around his little finger.

Old drama queen Musk knows damn well he isn't getting arrested. He just needed some eyes on him as that's part of keeping the large divide between the stock price and Tesla's actual value. He'll be comparing himself to Rosa Parks next.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Listen up Pro Mask KAREN

Signed

Your friend

No MASK KAREN
;)
I wonder if anyone set this doctor straight yet? 0.3 micron is the hardest particle size to capture. That's why they advertise it. The smaller ones don't even make it through the first fibers.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I wonder if anyone set this doctor straight yet? 0.3 micron is the hardest particle size to capture. That's why they advertise it. The smaller ones don't even make it through the first fibers.
we don't even know if a real doctor posted it though

I thought I made that part clear

Have a great evening Shinkicker

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
haha, I don't know what the intent of the person who posted it was...but you know I am mostly here for the jokes and MMA

I don't think wearing a mask all day is good for the health of the person wearing it, that seems like common sense. How much it affects your health/oxygen is unclear to me.
I do understand there are situations where it can prevent infection(surgeons) and situations where it can prevent contagions.
I repeat I am not anti mask. I just currently don't need to wear one in my specific location and occupation. Most of my state is not wearing them now.

Do you guys wear face shields?
Do you wear N95 all day? How many hours if so?

I ask because my lady wears a face shield at work now...but wearing a n95 is too much for her and some of her fellow co workers.
They try to wear them but they have various issues with fit and discomfort, so they end up wearing other masks.
They did have a Fit Test and training.
I wear a surgical mask at all times. If entering a positive or possible covid patient's room I wear a n95, goggles, 2 pair of gloves, and a gown. You remove gown and first set of gloves in ante room. Remove googles and mask , then wash hands and put on a new surgical mask after exiting. You learn quick to bundle and organize your tasks to go the least number of times and least amount of time in the room.

The longest I've had to stay at bedside dressed out at one time is just under 2 hours. That was in the ICU though. It usually is a 5 min visit on regular floor.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I wear a surgical mask at all times. If entering a positive or possible covid patient's room I wear a n95, goggles, 2 pair of gloves, and a gown. You remove gown and first set of gloves in ante room. Remove googles and mask , then wash hands and put on a new surgical mask after exiting. You learn quick to bundle and organize your tasks to go the least number of times and least amount of time in the room.

The longest I've had to stay at bedside dressed out at one time is just under 2 hours. That was in the ICU though. It usually is a 5 min visit on regular floor.
thanks for the detailed explanation
Sounds like a lot
Sounds like you have eyes covered by goggles so essentially you have eye protection in a different form than a faceshield

One of my ladies jobs is dentistry related so lot of mouth spraying going on.
and of course they have no idea if anybody is carrying any of our various contagious viruses

Does your face get beat up/marked up from the 95? Some of my gal's co workers faces don't fit right and they get pain and marks from them.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
thanks for the detailed explanation
Sounds like a lot
Sounds like you have eyes covered by goggles so essentially you have eye protection in a different form than a faceshield

One of my ladies jobs is dentistry related so lot of mouth spraying going on.
and of course they have no idea if anybody is carrying any of our various contagious viruses

Does your face get beat up/marked up from the 95? Some of my gal's co workers faces don't fit right and they get pain and marks from them.
For what it's worth The CDC says a surgical mask and a face shield is sufficient.

Yes, my face was pretty beat up. The day I had to stay 2 hours and go in every other few minutes (it seemed like), I had a few busted blood vessels under my skin.

But I got so used to it I almost felt naked going in without it after a few weeks. Lol