General Gaetzgate

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
by what definition of insurrection? and how do you distinguish is from the sit-in at the Kavanaugh hearings or the attacks on gov't buildings during the BLM riots?

unless you consider those "insurrections"?

if it's a "textbook insurrection", where are all the similar "insurrections"?
im not familiar with the other two

fuck the kavanaugh rapist tho. just like trump and biden

america is a joke

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
The difference is only a couple of hundred people.
Less if they have their shit together and aren't idiots recording their idiocy for all time.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The difference is only a couple of hundred people.
Less if they have their shit together and aren't idiots recording their idiocy for all time.
so an unarmed mob of a couple thousand people can overthrow the US gov't by disrupting a ceremony?

why are we stuck with this shit gov't Of the Incorporated, By the Incorporated, For the Incorporated?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
im not familiar with the courthouse stuff. my main point was more of, whether or not that was or wasnt an insurrection, i believe january 6th was an attempt to stop the democratic process

and ill go further. the insurrection is ongoing to this day
As per the article I posted earlier in the thread. January 6th could not have stopped the democratic process.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
so an unarmed mob of a couple thousand people can overthrow the US gov't by disrupting a ceremony?

why are we stuck with this shit gov't Of the Incorporated, By the Incorporated, For the Incorporated?
I feel like more people and more organization, it could've gotten a lot worse.
Worse than Don Jr thought it already was.

He knew what his father had encouraged and set in motion. He knew it looked awful and was an embarrassing capper to his four year circus.

Interrupting a ceremony. Let's look at that.
More people, ceremony interrupted. People have been assaulted, there's a police response, people barricade themselves into offices and whatnot, it's a riot.

Disturbances become riots on a knife's edge tipping point.

I don't want to see that worldwide humiliation again.

We're supposed to be a Nation of Laws, not some bunch of clowns following a fat moron into a sewer.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I feel like more people and more organization, it could've gotten a lot worse.
Worse than Don Jr thought it already was.

He knew what his father had encouraged and set in motion. He knew it looked awful and was an embarrassing capper to his four year circus.

Interrupting a ceremony. Let's look at that.
More people, ceremony interrupted. People have been assaulted, there's a police response, people barricade themselves into offices and whatnot, it's a riot.

Disturbances become riots in a knife's edge tipping point.

I don't want to see that worldwide humiliation again.

We're supposed to be a Nation of Laws, not some bunch of clowns following a fat moron into a sewer.
if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

the amount of organization and people is orders of magnitude, it's not even worth discussing it as a "what if"...

this would have been an insurrection if it wasn't.

EDIT - "what if?" cuts both ways...what if the police deployed tear gas? what if they'd requested the presence of the National Guard in the week or days before? What if they hadn't opened the doors and let people in?

Last edited:

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
by what definition of insurrection? and how do you distinguish is from the sit-in at the Kavanaugh hearings or the attacks on gov't buildings during the BLM riots?

unless you consider those "insurrections"?

if it's a "textbook insurrection", where are all the similar "insurrections"?
143A2E06-422B-4EE9-BA59-4B11B0A6ABE9.jpeg

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
by what definition of insurrection? and how do you distinguish is from the sit-in at the Kavanaugh hearings
Well for a start, nobody broke any windows or beat any cops to death during the Kavanaugh hearings.

And there was none of this.

And the Kavanaugh hearings were open to the public. Nobody broke through any security barricades to get there.

But yeah....... both sides. Just exactly the same thing.

??

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Well for a start, nobody broke any windows or beat any cops to death during the Kavanaugh hearings.

And there was none of this.

And the Kavanaugh hearings were open to the public. Nobody broke through any security barricades to get there.

But yeah....... both sides. Just exactly the same thing.

??
oh - more performance theater at the Jan 6 thing?

what's the difference between "Open To the Public" and when the police Open The Doors To the Public?

no cops died as a result of the Jan 6 riot.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I'm pointing out that they couldn't have.
not directly. but if Pence didn't sign off due to the pressures, then shit would get weird

if he had sent it back to state legislatures, as Trump and his team was telling Pence to do, then Trump would have claimed to still be the president while all those states did their audits

the country is in a bad place due to trump. but if Pence hadn't done his ceremonial duty, we could be in a much worse place

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
not directly. but if Pence didn't sign off due to the pressures, then shit would get weird

if he had sent it back to state legislatures, as Trump and his team was telling Pence to do, then Trump would have claimed to still be the president while all those states did their audits

the country is in a bad place due to trump. but if Pence hadn't done his ceremonial duty, we could be in a much worse place
No, sir. Not how it works. I linked am article this morning. The vice president is just ceremonial. Him ratifying or not makes no difference.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
No, sir. Not how it works. I linked am article this morning. The vice president is just ceremonial. Him ratifying or not makes no difference.
they were still attempting to do an insurreciton whether one could be accomplished or not

here's an example. let's say Q @Qat thinks that he can turn into an Elf if he shoots me in the face with an arrow. and he does so.

there was no chance that he would ascend into an Elf. but that was his goal regardless

the people didnt break in to check out the building. they didnt break in to delay the ceremony a couple hours or days. they broke in with the attempt to prevent the PResident of the United States from being confirmed

its kind of a big deal

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
here's a better example:

lets say people set up bombs all around that building and blew the entire thing up and killed every congress person inside

would that have meant Trump was president? no

but is it an insurrection? yeah, i think so

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
they were still attempting to do an insurreciton whether one could be accomplished or not

here's an example. let's say Q @Qat thinks that he can turn into an Elf if he shoots me in the face with an arrow. and he does so.

there was no chance that he would ascend into an Elf. but that was his goal regardless

the people didnt break in to check out the building. they didnt break in to delay the ceremony a couple hours or days. they broke in with the attempt to prevent the PResident of the United States from being confirmed

its kind of a big deal
Oh damn, I thought you tagged me here as living reminder against all the "without dem gunz nothing could have ever happened" hindsight shitposts. Coz the peaceful revolution happened not that long ago right the fuck here, ya know. It's prolly hard to fathom for gun nerds tho.

Either way, I sure as hell can shoot a bow as well as an elf! So I might as well believe I am one.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
i just realized, why am i having a debate over the word "insurrection" lol

is the word just something between TMMACer opinions?

or is the word important since laws vary between insurrection vs non-insurrection violations?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
here's a better example:

lets say people set up bombs all around that building and blew the entire thing up and killed every congress person inside

The problem with both of your analogies is that nothing close to either of those things happened. What we saw was pretty obviously a dog catching a car and then not having the slightest idea as to what to do with it.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
The problem with both of your analogies is that nothing close to either of those things happened. What we saw was pretty obviously a dog catching a car and then not having the slightest idea as to what to do with it.
does the word have any actual importance in terms of what is going to happen to them tho?

if this is just a debate on TMMAC as to the proper verbiage, then i will say 100% its not an insurrection and move on lol

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
does the word have any actual importance in terms of what is going to happen to them tho?

if this is just a debate on TMMAC as to the proper verbiage, then i will say 100% its not an insurrection and move on lol
Like in a court of law? Probably. The security state is going to take these motherfuckers over the coals and use this to turn the war on terror inward to people who disagree with the government. The age of the "Domestic War on Terror" is upon us

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
here's a better example:

that's not what happened, and it wasn't an insurrection.

it was a mostly peaceful demonstration.