Has anyone been competing/getting ready to compete soon?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Good job bro.

I was supposed to be there but had to pull out. A few guys from my team travelled up to Bristol and they brought some medals back.

When are you competing next? I guess I will be seeing you a lot more often as you're always competing.
Next one is European no gi in Rome on April 1st, then NAGA in Birmingham a week later. You doing NAGA?

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Next one is European no gi in Rome on April 1st, then NAGA in Birmingham a week later. You doing NAGA?

Oh my coach is going to the competition in Rome. I didn't know there was a NAGA in Birmingham I couldn't see it here

UK BJJ Competition Calendar 2017

Is it no gi only?

I'm planning on doing hereford one more time. Then maybe hit the competition in Newcastle or Manchester and I will definitely be going to the British open. There's a another competition in London, July that I will probably go to.

If you're going to any of these let me know. I might sign up for NAGA as it's in my home town. I shall see.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Oh my coach is going to the competition in Rome. I didn't know there was a NAGA in Birmingham I couldn't see it here

UK BJJ Competition Calendar 2017

Is it no gi only?

I'm planning on doing hereford one more time. Then maybe hit the competition in Newcastle or Manchester and I will definitely be going to the British open. There's a another competition in London, July that I will probably go to.

If you're going to any of these let me know. I might sign up for NAGA as it's in my home town. I shall see.
Gi and no gi in the same day.

NAGA Submission Grappling, BJJ Tournaments & Reality Fighting - NagaFighter.com

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Competing on April the 1st. Feeling a lot more confident for this one !

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
How did you guys get on?
Lost first no gi fight won second one. When my gi division started I missed it. Didn't hear them call my name. They disqualified me for not turning up to the mat but still offered me a fight but said I wouldn't advance to the next round. So I just went out there half trying but still won.

Won 2/3 fights, had fun and met some cool guys too so it was an okay day out.

M

member 603

How did you guys get on?
My back was not ready to go, so I coached my kids team that day, we did awesome... I'm supposed to get a MRI for my lower back (I may have some bulging discs).

Congrats to you though, that's awesome.... I have some friends going to the Zurich Open in May

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Just officially signed up for Masters Worlds this August. I am competing at the Atlanta Spring Open in a few weeks, and heading to Carlos Machado's Worlds training camp later in May. There is a Newbreed in Columbia this weekend (just over an hour away), I think i am going to drag the kids down there with me and hope some other old guys show up.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Just officially signed up for Masters Worlds this August. I am competing at the Atlanta Spring Open in a few weeks, and heading to Carlos Machado's Worlds training camp later in May. There is a Newbreed in Columbia this weekend (just over an hour away), I think i am going to drag the kids down there with me and hope some other old guys show up.
Was thinking of doing the worlds this year. It's normally in September. Will have a look :)

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Wound up fourth no-gi (the expert division is HARD), second in gi. As seems to be the usual case at smaller tournaments, I moved down to the 30 year old division and had to move up in weight for no-gi. Good matches, next competition will be the IBJJF Atlanta Spring Open in a few weeks.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Wound up fourth no-gi (the expert division is HARD), second in gi. As seems to be the usual case at smaller tournaments, I moved down to the 30 year old division and had to move up in weight for no-gi. Good matches, next competition will be the IBJJF Atlanta Spring Open in a few weeks.
Good job Doc!

M

member 603

Was that at the Newbreed tournament?

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
Signed up for the Dallas Open nogi this weekend. I'm the oldest for master 3, rarely train nogi, and a 7 month purple and had to go up in weight. Gonna be fun though. Nothing to lose!

Got some great tips and techniques from Oliver Taza tonight though!

M

member 603

Signed up for the Dallas Open nogi this weekend. I'm the oldest for master 3, rarely train nogi, and a 7 month purple and had to go up in weight. Gonna be fun though. Nothing to lose!

Got some great tips and techniques from Oliver Taza tonight though!

That's awesome, best of everything out there, let's us know how it goes

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Good luck jasonhightower @jasonhightower. The no-gi IBJJF matches are interesting because the rules are the same as gi, so at Purple there are no leg locks except straight ankle. Very different than NAGA and the other orgs that put purples in Expert for no-gi and pretty much all leg locks are legal.

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
Good luck jasonhightower @jasonhightower. The no-gi IBJJF matches are interesting because the rules are the same as gi, so at Purple there are no leg locks except straight ankle. Very different than NAGA and the other orgs that put purples in Expert for no-gi and pretty much all leg locks are legal.
I'm by no means a leg hunter, so when I heard those were the rules I was cool with it. LOL At least for now, gonna start learning more of that game.