General So This Is How The Iran War begins

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Employment rates are currently good in America... But it is at a cost. Short term gains, long term damage.
It's also part of a trend that began long before Trump. We can analyse decisions like the Iran deal and assess the decision making of certain Presidents, but giving them 'credit' or 'blame' for forces that exist beyond their control ignores basic economics and logic. We don't know what impact Trump has had on the unemployment rate specifically and there are lots of problems with focusing on such a flawed indicator anyway.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
That didn't take long - aka Fire & Fury II (Electric Boogaloo).:

Trump promises 'severe consequences' if Iran restarts nuclear programme

Someone might want to explain to the dotard why Iran wouldn't be inclined to abide by a non-existent agreement...
And explain to the dotards who support him that it doesn't make any sense that Trump has just put sanctions back on Iran for a nuclear program that he just admitted doesn't currently exist through this warning.

The only way out of this is war. John Bolton knows that.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
I was under the impression that a Trump presidency would be more isolationist and that he would mainly take some a hands off role with shit like this.

I don’t understand how making these kinda moves benefits the everyday person he aimed his campaign towards

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I was under the impression that a Trump presidency would be more isolationist and that he would mainly take some a hands off role with shit like this.

I don’t understand how making these kinda moves benefits the everyday person he aimed his campaign towards
Really? I thought he was going take the bull by the horns with everything like this. The Republican Party in general hated the Iran deal. I even went to a soft as you like Jeb Bush rally in Norfolk where he was talking about it.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Really? I thought he was going take the bull by the horns with everything like this. The Republican Party in general hated the Iran deal. I even went to a soft as you like Jeb Bush rally in Norfolk where he was talking about it.
Definitely thought he was going to be like that with the domestic stuff ie. jobs, immigration etc. given how he campaigned: But he didn’t seem like he was placing a lot of importance on this type of more large scale global stuff imo.

I got the impression that was why he appealed to Americans so much - more career politicians (‘the swamp’) had placed more emphasis on shit that had little impact on the day to day lives of regular citizens at the expense of those regular people

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Definitely thought he was going to be like that with the domestic stuff ie. jobs, immigration etc. given how he campaigned: But he didn’t seem like he was placing a lot of importance on this type of more large scale global stuff imo.

I got the impression that was why he appealed to Americans so much - more career politicians (‘the swamp’) had placed more emphasis on shit that had little impact on the day to day lives of regular citizens at the expense of those regular people
I will politely back out of this because I really don’t know enough about it to hold an informed discussion. I went to the Jeb Bush rally to learn more about American politics but all I really learned was that he seemed like a nice man, but all politicians have their own agendas regardless of which country they’re from.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
I will politely back out of this because I really don’t know enough about it to hold an informed discussion. I went to the Jeb Bush rally to learn more about American politics but all I really learned was that he seemed like a nice man, but all politicians have their own agendas regardless of which country they’re from.
You and I both mate. I didn’t and continue to not to delve too much into how good/bad Trump is and what he has/hasn’t done just because of how freakin divisive and negative it can make people with all different opinions.

Just thought it’s better to read the odd news article, look at the occasional thread but not much more hahaha

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
You and I both mate. I didn’t and continue to not to delve too much into how good/bad Trump is and what he has/hasn’t done just because of how freakin divisive and negative it can make people with all different opinions.

Just thought it’s better to read the odd news article, look at the occasional thread but not much more hahaha
I'm completely the same. I may gob off but I then feel like a twat because even though I've lived here for 4 years I don't REALLY know it all.

It was pretty amusing going to the Jeb Bush rally with so many people asking if they could count on my support, when I'll never legally be able to vote.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I'm completely the same. I may gob off but I then feel like a twat because even though I've lived here for 4 years I don't REALLY know it all.

It was pretty amusing going to the Jeb Bush rally with so many people asking if they could count on my support, when I'll never legally be able to vote.
"Never" legally be able to vote? Of course you could. You got your green card right?
After 5 years, you can become a naturalized citizen and then be eligible to vote.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
"Never" legally be able to vote? Of course you could. You got your green card right?
After 5 years, you can become a naturalized citizen and then be eligible to vote.
Argh. I had the worst Inmigration meeting on Tuesday so it’s a really sore subject. To the point of me throwing up twice bad my nerves were so fucked.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Argh. I had the worst Inmigration meeting on Tuesday so it’s a really sore subject. To the point of me throwing up twice bad my nerves were so fucked.
Aw shit. Sorry to hear that. I know how that goes. As they say in blighty 'ang in there luv' - it'll all work out.
I know from experience; my immigration journey was the stuff of nightmares. I've still never seen a worse (successful) case.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Employment rates are currently good in America... But it is at a cost. Short term gains, long term damage.
If you replace high paying jobs with low paying service sector jobs employment rates stay the same, but it isn't beneficial to the person going to the service sector job. Currently there are massive strikes that have been going on in the teaching sector in places like West Virginia, Oregon, Kentucky and other places. California university employees are going on strike over wages and working conditions. Expect to see more across all different sectors, especially as Trump's tariffs start playing havoc in the economy and companies start to squeeze labour to keep their profit margins up.

Trump got elected promising rural rest belt Americans that things would get better, he would create change for them, but there has been nothing meaningful for them, yet. Sure, the coastal elites like Pitbull are celebrating their tax breaks which will reverse in a couple of years time, but they aren't going to swing the election for Donald in 2020.

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
this war was planned long before trump.. the wild card is if russia actually has any real influence over trump once iran takes a proper beating from israel and begs russia to help..

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Aw shit. Sorry to hear that. I know how that goes. As they say in blighty 'ang in there luv' - it'll all work out.
I know from experience; my immigration journey was the stuff of nightmares. I've still never seen a worse (successful) case.
This shit baffles me.
If we made it easier to live here legally, maybe we wouldn't have to worry so much about people coming here illegally.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If you replace high paying jobs with low paying service sector jobs employment rates stay the same, but it isn't beneficial to the person going to the service sector job. Currently there are massive strikes that have been going on in the teaching sector in places like West Virginia, Oregon, Kentucky and other places. California university employees are going on strike over wages and working conditions. Expect to see more across all different sectors, especially as Trump's tariffs start playing havoc in the economy and companies start to squeeze labour to keep their profit margins up.

Trump got elected promising rural rest belt Americans that things would get better, he would create change for them, but there has been nothing meaningful for them, yet. Sure, the coastal elites like Pitbull are celebrating their tax breaks which will reverse in a couple of years time, but they aren't going to swing the election for Donald in 2020.
Good post man

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015

Cant please everyone unfortunately. Someone will always get screwed.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
It's also part of a trend that began long before Trump. We can analyse decisions like the Iran deal and assess the decision making of certain Presidents, but giving them 'credit' or 'blame' for forces that exist beyond their control ignores basic economics and logic. We don't know what impact Trump has had on the unemployment rate specifically and there are lots of problems with focusing on such a flawed indicator anyway.

"flawed indicator"

exactly. this was actualyl one of trump's stronger points in the debates. the fact that the most commonly used unemployment rate is

#un*employed / #in the labor force

but it doesn't take into account people who leave the labor force, because they've given up

he is ranting about this ratio now, even though he knows it doesn't tell the full story. and more importantly, he was verbally against this ratio in the past, yet he is trying to leverage it now. i cant stand people who prey on the weak and uninformed

Last edited:

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
This shit baffles me.
If we made it easier to live here legally, maybe we wouldn't have to worry so much about people coming here illegally.
Clearly you know how true this statement is. Not many do.
The US Immigration process is an uphill battle of legal extortion and is expensive as hell. Damn near ruined me financially.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Clearly you know how true this statement is. Not many do.
The US Immigration process is an uphill battle of legal extortion and is expensive as hell. Damn near ruined me financially.
Do you have regrets getting it done or was it worth it in the end?

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Do you have regrets getting it done or was it worth it in the end?
I occasionally think I should have gone to Canada - much easier. Most of my family did, and didn't go through half the shit I did.
Fortunately, I recovered financially, but not many do. The biggest worth is getting the US passport, meaning ease of travel worldwide (though I haven't taken enough advantage of it yet).

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I occasionally think I should have gone to Canada - much easier. Most of my family did, and didn't go through half the shit I did.
Fortunately, I recovered financially, but not many do. The biggest worth is getting the US passport, meaning ease of travel worldwide (though I haven't taken enough advantage of it yet).
I’m too shit scared to go to bed at the moment knowing I will lay awake all night before my Immigration meeting at 7:30 worrying myself literally sick.