General Breaking Now- Comey dismissed as FBI director

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
If you didnt have any theories on why McCabe & co. lied about Comey being untrusted you could have just passed on the question.
I do have a theory on it, McCabe didnt lie.

You have no proof McCabe lied.

I asked a question based of a quote from McCabe, I didnt spin anything.

Last edited:

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
You have no proof Trump lied.
McCabe made a direct statement under oath stating what Trump's team said wasnt true.

You think Trump's administration is more trustworthy than an FBI director testifying at a hearing?

Either Trump lied or his newly appointed FBI director lied. Either way, something Americans should be asking questions about.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If his staff felt Comey was incompetent then yes, he should have said so. How does misrepresenting his FBI staff's opinion work towards rallying the troops?

If I had a boss who I thought was untrustworthy and incompetent who was fired and replaced. I would be more pissed if the new guy lied about the previous boss and validated our concerns as opposed to the new boss lying about our concerns and opinions.
Hang on, all joking aside...

The Director is a public position. There are multiple ongoing investigations. There's an election investigation about Hillary that many are still sore about for a variety of reasons on all sides.

You want the Director to come out and say the previous Director bungled/blocked the investigation of one candidate and is currently bungling/blocking the investigation of Russia interference?

Have you ever worked in a high level professional setting? The 2nd in charge is likely buddies with the 1st in charge and at a minimum wishes to steady the ship through such professional grace no matter the internal politics.

This is such a standard expectation, I can't believe we are having this conversation...

Either Trump lied or his newly appointed FBI director lied.
False.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
You want the Director to come out and say the previous Director bungled/blocked the investigation of one candidate and is currently bungling/blocking the investigation of Russia interference?
If that is why he was fired, yes. I think the FBI directer should be able to confirm public statements released from the White House.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Person 1: MC Gusto is not well respected by most on TMMAC.

Person 2: MC Gusto is well respected by most on TMMAC.

This isn't exactly a scientific statement on either side and breaking it down to one of those people being a liar is pretty well missing the point, as well as baiting for a position.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Person 1: MC Gusto is not well respected by most on TMMAC.

Person 2: MC Gusto is well respected by most on TMMAC.

This isn't exactly a scientific statement on either side and breaking it down to one of those people being a liar is pretty well missing the point, as well as baiting for a position.
One of them would be wrong and if they knew they were wrong, they would be lying.

I am pretty sure Trump and McCabe have knowledge of the inner workings of the FBI and if Comey was liked by his staff or not.

A statement like this isnt being made to smooth things over. Way too strong of praise to be playing politics.

“I can tell you also that Director Comey enjoyed broad support within the FBI and still does...The vast majority of employees enjoyed a deep, positive connection to Director Comey," and "It has been the greatest honor and privilege of my life to work with [Comey]. He has broad support from across the FBI."

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
You've got to learn politician speak. 'Not at this time' does not, necessarily, mean 'No I don't have it'. Answering not at this time, literally only means she doesn't have it on her, everything else is implied but not said, and that leaves her a lot of wiggle room. Now, maybe they don't have any evidence, but that sentence doesn't prove it due to how oily politicians are.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Comey's farewell letter to his FBI staff-

To all:
I have long believed that a President can fire an FBI Director for any reason, or for no reason at all. I’m not going to spend time on the decision or the way it was executed. I hope you won’t either. It is done, and I will be fine, although I will miss you and the mission deeply.
I have said to you before that, in times of turbulence, the American people should see the FBI as a rock of competence, honesty, and independence. What makes leaving the FBI hard is the nature and quality of its people, who together make it that rock for America.
It is very hard to leave a group of people who are committed only to doing the right thing. My hope is that you will continue to live our values and the mission of protecting the American people and upholding the Constitution.
If you do that, you too will be sad when you leave, and the American people will be safer.
Working with you has been one of the great joys of my life. Thank you for that gift.
Jim Comey

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016

View: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/862758098892619780

I'm not a Trump supporter at all but still hope for the best and want him to ultimately do good for the nation... but fuck this dude. He's such a petty prick.

Funny thing is, erlier in the day, a user on Reddit's The_Donald posted Rosie's Tweet from last December asking why Comey hasnt been fired yet..... And then a short time later, Donald tweets the joke.

Is Donald or some of his staffers stealing jokes from Reddit? Posting on Reddit? Or is it all a fluke?

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
FBI Acting Director Andrew McCabe is also under review for the Clinton email investigation

The U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of the Inspector General announced in January that in response to requests from members of Congress, organizations and the public, it was opening a review of the FBI’s handling of the Clinton matter. Among the aspects that the office said it would review were “allegations that the FBI deputy director should have been recused from participating in certain investigative matters.”

Those concerns came after revelations by media outlets, including The Wall Street Journal, that a political action committee affiliated with Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe, who has ties to Bill and Hillary Clinton, contributed almost $500,000 to the 2015 Virginia state Senate campaign of McCabe’s wife, Jill McCabe. (She lost the election.) She also received $207,788 from the Virginia Democratic Party, which is connected to McAuliffe, a Democrat.

Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa, chairman of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, wrote a letter to Comey on March 28 expressing concerns about McCabe’s involvement in the Clinton emails matter, given the donations that his wife received. “These circumstances undermine public confidence in the FBI’s impartiality,” Grassley wrote.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
FBI Acting Director Andrew McCabe is also under review for the Clinton email investigation

The U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of the Inspector General announced in January that in response to requests from members of Congress, organizations and the public, it was opening a review of the FBI’s handling of the Clinton matter. Among the aspects that the office said it would review were “allegations that the FBI deputy director should have been recused from participating in certain investigative matters.”

Those concerns came after revelations by media outlets, including The Wall Street Journal, that a political action committee affiliated with Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe, who has ties to Bill and Hillary Clinton, contributed almost $500,000 to the 2015 Virginia state Senate campaign of McCabe’s wife, Jill McCabe. (She lost the election.) She also received $207,788 from the Virginia Democratic Party, which is connected to McAuliffe, a Democrat.

Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa, chairman of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, wrote a letter to Comey on March 28 expressing concerns about McCabe’s involvement in the Clinton emails matter, given the donations that his wife received. “These circumstances undermine public confidence in the FBI’s impartiality,” Grassley wrote.

I brought this up the other day.

Crazy the guy appointed to temporary head the FBI is also under investigation by the DoJ.

If Trump wants all the media sensationalism to go away, dont keep stoking the fire.

This shit has hype and clickbait written all over it. News media outlets would be silly not to run an article with a headline about McCabe being under investigation.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
My Dinner With Comey: Current and Former FBI Officials Dispute Trump Account of Meeting With FBI Director
Despite what President Donald Trump said earlier in the day, James Comey did not seek a dinner with the president to retain his job, one current and one former FBI official close to Comey told NBC News Thursday evening.

The January dinner meeting between the two men, the sources said, was requested by the White House. And the former senior FBI official said Comey would never have told the president he was not under investigation — also contradicting what Trump said.

"He tried to stay away from it [the Russian-ties investigation]," said the former official, who worked closely with Comey and keeps in touch with him. "He would say, 'look sir, I really can't get into it, and you don't want me to.'"

A current FBI official confirmed that Comey did not request the one-on-one dinner, which happened at the White House a few days after Trump was sworn in.

In an exclusive interview with NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt earlier Thursday, Trump said he believed Comey requested the dinner. Trump said Comey asked that Trump keep him on as FBI director, and told the presidenrt on three occasions that he was not under investigation as part of the FBI's inquiry into Russian election interference.

"The president is not correct," the former official said. "The White House called him out of the blue. Comey didn't want to do it. He didn't even want the rank and file at the FBI to know about it."

But in the end, "He's still the commander in chief. He's your boss. How do you say no?"

The New York Times first reported Thursday night that Trump demanded during the dinner that Comey declare his loyalty to the president, and that Comey declined. Comey told Trump he would offer "honesty," The Times reported.

The current and former official could not confirm that account. But the former official said, "That is exactly how I would expect the director to answer."

The former official, like many current and former FBI officials interviewed by NBC News, said the bureau was reeling from the Comey firing. Not everyone agreed with each Comey decisions, but he was a popular and well-regarded director, they said.

White House Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders claimed Thursday that she had heard from "countless members of the FBI who are grateful for the president's decision."

Current and former FBI agents scoffed at what they termed a ridiculous assertion.

"I doubt five people at the FBI even have the [phone] number of the deputy White House press secretary," the former senior official said.

NBC News reported Thursday that the White House abandoned an initial idea for Trump to visit FBI headquarters, after learning he would not be greeted warmly there.