Do u think Kimbo/Shamrock was a work?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Was it a work?

• Yes

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • TQN is a douchebag

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • On the fence/skeptical

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Yes I watched the silva Griffin fight. No I didn't see a work. Can you explain thus one for me?
Griffin was a huge LHW used to taking hard punches from men that could have fought at HW and here comes the UFC proclaimed GOAT at the time (now they rarely speak about him lol) moving up from a weight class below. Anyway, Silva does his normal clowning around and Griffin throws slow punches while lumbering around (as he does) that aren't anywhere close to landing. He doesn't go for a take down, you know..cuz Griffin is known for his elite level stand up skills....anyway they go round and round with their dance until Silva throws a jab going backwards, as he does because he's a counter puncher and Griffin falls down and crumbles up on the ground. He's completely KO'ed...lights out from a falling away jab. He literally dropped like a sack of potatoes. But wait!...the ref calls off the fight and Griffin jumps up and suddenly looks fine. He's not staggering around wondering where he is or asking what happened....like anyone else that has ever been KO'ed in history does...and then he runs out of the octagon crying real tears.

Yea happens all the time.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Griffin was a huge LHW used to taking hard punches from men that could have fought at HW and here comes the UFC proclaimed GOAT at the time (now they rarely speak about him lol) moving up from a weight class below. Anyway, Silva does his normal clowning around and Griffin throws slow punches while lumbering around (as he does) that aren't anywhere close to landing. He doesn't go for a take down, you know..cuz Griffin is known for his elite level stand up skills....anyway they go round and round with their dance until Silva throws a jab going backwards, as he does because he's a counter puncher and Griffin falls down and crumbles up on the ground. He's completely KO'ed...lights out from a falling away jab. He literally dropped like a sack of potatoes. But wait!...the ref calls off the fight and Griffin jumps up and suddenly looks fine. He's not staggering around wondering where he is or asking what happened....like anyone else that has ever been KO'ed in history does...and then he runs out of the octagon crying real tears.

Yea happens all the time.
OK man....

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
I must say Griffin was robbed of an Oscar for this performance. Look how carefully he made sure to fall softly and then flail about on the ground with enough motor skills to wave his arms around and roll around, as people do when they are KO'ed and unable to get up.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
From Ken's Facebook:

"Are you kidding me some people just can't stand the truth it seems like what ever I do there has to be some of you that got to have a reason why things don't go the way they should it happens & I am very discouraged myself I had the choke very deep & I made a rookie mistake I tried to reset it after I saw him tap & that's when I lost position my fault.

And to set the record straight on the tap John McCarthy made it clear in the rules meeting do not look to the referee for help you do your job & I will do mine when kimbo tapped it was not my job to make that call I should have continued putting that choke on till John stepped in I did not which was my fault &on top of it it was very week tap I believe he started to go out but I started to move in tighter on the choke instead of letting the choke work itself tighter as kimbo moved.

I wanted to win this fight very bad it did not happen that's it plain & simple

I love what I do I have been away from any activities for 7 yrs. I came into this fight very rusty that was to be expected but really believed I would still win even being rusty & giving up 30lbs & being 51 with all that said I missed finishing him by a mistake one that would not have happened if I had not taken so much time out of the cage.

With that said I am very happy with my life & the way I live my life my family supports me my fans support me & I will continue doing what make me & my fans happy just as long as I can

GOD IS GOOD"

Jonny Quest

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2015
That whole statement by Shamrock seems fake and isnt like him at all. If he thought there was a tap and it wasnt called he would have went ape shit after the fight. Everything about this fight stinks and is off. Of course I didnt expect him to admit to it either.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
That whole statement by Shamrock seems fake and isnt like him at all. If he thought there was a tap and it wasnt called he would have went ape shit after the fight. Everything about this fight stinks and is off. Of course I didnt expect him to admit to it either.
Of course it seems fake to you. Perhaps he was dazed as fuck Is that possible. We clearly have never seen excuses made after fighters leave the ring.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So Shamrock, at 51, can't be humble and more mature than he used to be? Especially after being hit with a brick? I just think people are really reaching.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
So Shamrock, at 51, can't be humble and more mature than he used to be? Especially after being hit with a brick? I just think people are really reaching.
Exactly he gives inspirational speeches in churches. I guess like his fighting skills people expected his demeanor and attitude to be the same as it was 20 years ago.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Exactly he gives inspirational speeches in churches. I guess like his fighting skills people expected his demeanor and attitude to be the same as it was 20 years ago.
this is part of the problem.people still think it is the same ken shamrock that fought pat smith and not the guy who has 2 wins in his last 10 fights dating back to 2005

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Jonny Quest @Jonny Quest
He had the "wwe" technique long before he wrestled.Are these works too? Or maybe has he always had shitty technique. since it's not 93 anymore maybe Kimbo wasn't afraid to be choked to death and held out longer than Ken was used too.

And yes people are now calling these works on other forums

Bas rutten 1
Grainy but you get the point
image.jpg

Felix lee Mitchell

image.jpg

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'd actually like to see a Fujiwara-Gumi like stiff shoot-style wrestling promotion come along again. I think there's a definite niche to be filled out there in the viewership.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
This stuff is consistent with Ken's carny shooter roots though. Those guys see this stuff as an opportunity to make money. I'm sure Ken was completely comfortable putting the likes of Franklin and that Englishmen in Cage Rage over with the fans and making a buck along the way.